FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I would like honest input - - -
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why should one individual pay a larger percentage of their income than anyone elae?? Where do libs like Barcako and I presume yourself get off saying that x amount of dollars is all someone needs and any figure beyond that needs to be redistributed to someone whos probably not even paying taxes?

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:02 pm 
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

why not? they got a bigger tax break than us for 8 years thanks to a stimulus earned by a democratic president over 8 years. we see the state of the economy and want to stay the course that kept rockefeller powerful in the 20s (IE tax breaks for the rich and letting the working class get shit on)? be my guest, but I'm not a fan of full blown depression. who buys the riches products if the majority has no money?

to answer the question, theres no way hillary would run. it would have been like powell running against bush in 2004. who do I think will run? well, I can see some of the "same old" trying to take obama out of office, but none of them have a chance of getting elected. if obama didn't run for another term, I wouldn't mind seeing howard dean run (so a man gets excited at a rally. is that even a real issue? no. it's not). if hillary ran, she'd be doing a diservice to herself.

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:38 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

"who's probably not even paying taxes"

a typical nutjob response.. Cool

purely speculative... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:20 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Really??
On April 15, don't be surprised if the line at your local post office is a bit shorter than usual. That's because your neighbors may not be paying any income taxes this year.

An astonishing 43.4 percent of Americans now pay zero or negative federal income taxes. The number of single or jointly-filing "taxpayers" - the word must be applied sparingly - who pay no taxes or receive government handouts has reached 65.6 million, out of a total of 151 million.

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:58 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
crunchybananas schreef:
It would be highly irregular for someone, especially within the same administration and political party, to challenge an incumbant president during an election cycle.

Hey crunchy, you been smoking them bananas? You will see the hildabeast resign from her cabinet position during 2010 stating differences with the BO. Just my theory but you have to admitt she is keeping a very low profile of late. I mean with Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, and North Korea don't you feel she should be on the news every day? Something is "rotten in denmark" if you ask me!

Pan8
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:38 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

"don't be surprised"..... more typical speculative hodge-podge.

i know dealing with the present is self-destructive for you aluminum foil helmet wearing right-wing nut-jobs!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:37 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

So the President not bringing the Secretary of State along on major foreign policy trips means nothing?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

it's not my job to check dave.

P.Y.
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:50 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

My avatar speaks volumes, not?

Pan8
Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:12 pm 
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

Hillary may make a lot of mistakes, but she's not stupid. Pulling that would only aliennate her from her base further. He gave his biggest competitor a job and she can't even finish it? I could see the headlines now.

Not sure why she has kept a low profile. I'm gonna look to see if I can find anything out though, cuz that is a good point.

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:22 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mutt of flint schreef:
Hillary may make a lot of mistakes, but she's not stupid. Pulling that would only aliennate her from her base further. He gave his biggest competitor a job and she can't even finish it? I could see the headlines now.

Not sure why she has kept a low profile. I'm gonna look to see if I can find anything out though, cuz that is a good point.

Hey mutt, it is no secret that the two do not get along. The only reason she got the cabinet slot is because she was, is a woman. Palin was the reason the BO was sweating the loss of the women vote. If you remember during the primaries the hildabeast said the BO was not qualified.

Her base consists of all the manly girls, girlie men and man hating women that have an "ax to grind." Shocked Shocked

It was said in the movies and on this board, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Make sense?

Pan8
Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am 
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

regardless, shes not dumb. she knows if she wants to get closer to the presidency, she'll have to wait a good while, especially if obama's plans pan out, otherwise she'll be considered a snake in the grass. obama wasn't worried about the woman vote, because most women considered her too much of a ditzy, weak role model for women to earn their vote. they liked her til she opened her mouth. otherwise, the difference could have been made for her and mccain to win. I'm just glad the hillary nuts actually listened to what they would be voting for before devoting to monolithic cause.

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:19 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: