FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: lets try this one more time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

I'll ask it again as it keeps getting ignored. neocons like the ones on this site have a lot of things they like to complain about, so I still want to know, what is the answer? who's your president? what policies are there in effect? keep in mind, I'm purely asking about the few that really matter when running a country, so please, anything, but ban abortions and keep our guns. those don't have an effect on how a country is run.

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:47 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Gringrich/Palin 2012. Policies? They're conservative. Any Other questions?

Pan8
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:14 pm 
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

yes, what does being conservative by todays standard actually constitute as far as policies? the party is a hodge podge mess that it can only be classified by pointing out gun nuts and the religious right. give me details of what they would do?

also, is it really the will of conservatives to put so much hope in palin? I mean, she has to speak, not just look hot and smile. that blew it for her last time.

Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:23 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I noticed you failed to mention Newt Gingrich.

This country by and large is conservative. I only hope that 2010/2012 will not be too late to turn this country around, for the sake of my Grand Kids.

How do you explain the slide in his numbers? A fluke? Ba-ha-ha Laughing

Pan8
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:29 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mutt of flint schreef:
I'll ask it again as it keeps getting ignored. neocons like the ones on this site have a lot of things they like to complain about, so I still want to know, what is the answer? who's your president? what policies are there in effect? keep in mind, I'm purely asking about the few that really matter when running a country, so please, anything, but ban abortions and keep our guns. those don't have an effect on how a country is run.

Good understanding of politics. I am a paleocon. Obama's miserable failing will help move us back to the center but even if Palin gets in it's not guaranteed she won't pursue neocon policing the world type strategies that we can't afford. We have a lot of time left in Obama's administration so there is a chance we may to broke for Palin to pursue neocon polcing the world type strategies.

Ron Paul does seem to be having some success at drifting the Republicrat party to the right. If Palin gets in and turns out to be a Bushwacked neocon she'll still hopefully at least slow our economic path towards destruction.
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 pm 
crunchybananas
F L I N T O I D

Hows'about one conservative policy that is good in any time - LESS GOVERNMENT SPENDING. I mean, my God, that hasn't actually been practiced in decades!

The fed needs to be trimmed up, and if it takes a hard line fiscal conservative to hold the proverbial gun to their heads and shut down the government for a spell then so be it.

I mean, Bush junior was no fiscal conservative by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think he spent in 8 years what Obama has mangaed to spend (and still want to spend) in 8 months!

(By the way, send a memo to Jenny - that's also a good policy for state governments, too.)
Post Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:59 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
crunchybananas schreef:
Hows'about one conservative policy that is good in any time - LESS GOVERNMENT SPENDING. I mean, my God, that hasn't actually been practiced in decades!

[url][/url]

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:12 am 
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

Gingrich is a bigger longshot than her. He's the rights version of john kerry (even if he makes sense, he's too much of an ass to get voted in). Secondly, what do you mean "if" palin is bushwhacked? You want her voted in before you remember the many w-like things she's said? Or the fact that she didn't run her giant state much different from how bush did? She is what she is.
I agree that there is a point where our spending needs to stop. I think it deserves being looked into what, if any, programs are being cut by obama to help ease his policies in. I don't think its his policies alone that are making dems feel weary, but what isn't being reported, as far as programs that are being tanked because of their innefficient. You know how much the left likes its programs. Something worth knowing. Ultimately, do I trust a republican to cut down spending? Nope. Ron paul gets elected he would be both unpopular and lame duck, as the 2 party's will still want to keep things running as they have. Both partys are very much the same. They offer the same talking points, use the same strategies and propaganda, and generally agree with one another while disagreeing. Its not a matter of campaign promises, it is who will actually upon what they do. If nothing else about obama, you can say he's done a lot to stick to his guns with mass adversity. I don't think the country is by and large anything at all. We have those that believe everything that sounds good from the 2 partys while getting raped by the same people and then those who don't believe it, but are to apathetic towards their own situation to change anything. The smallest majority are those who use common sense and general reasoning to see what's going on and base what they believe on that alone.

My final point is about the statement "obama's miserable failing." What's failed? He's still president. He's still passing bills. He may be losing numbers, but he's still going well. Those numbers too are what I've stated before about americas low attention span and lack of patience. The man said "things will get worse before better." Strong statement and has a lot of truth to it also. The government is spending a lot of money, but what does the government use its money for in the first place? Running programs. So albeit he is spending government money, I am seeing a turnaround in the market. Perhaps what I wonder most is, what would you have to say if his policys worked? Would you say it wasn't because of what he did or would you give him credit where its due? 8 months isn't 4 years, last I checked. Do you think you have a problem with impatience or just with who the president is? That's your homework. Due tomorrow.

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:48 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Mutt, it is not the government's money, the money belongs to the tax paying people of this once great nation. The 800 pound gorilla is social security and this has not even been addressed.

Yes, #43 grew the size of government and in my opinion was not a true conservative.

I watched the mouth piece of the BO last night, MSNBC and was shocked to hear how disappointed they were in the BO's news conference. I think the talking heads of MSNBC had more questions than when the conference started.

The BO is in over his head and will not get health care reform before his August deadline, same as he will not close Gitmo nor end the war as he promised during the campaigns.

Getting back to health care reform, I will be suprised if it is even addressed next year with the 10 elections around the corner.

He can not unify his own party, how on earth can he move this nation forward?

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

2010 oops that could change things for sure. Laughing

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Gringrich/Palin 2012. Policies? They're conservative. Any Other questions?

Pan8

Gingrich is a HUGE **** up!!! Ever hear of the Contract with America that turned out to be a scam?
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Speaking of scams how about Baracrakos contract ON America?

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:33 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Good point. At least the Gringrich Republicrats only failed at fixing things. Hopefully Obama will fail at jacking things up even more.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:43 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

gee. the dows up again... pretty good for a guy over his head Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:12 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And Baracko had what to do with that????

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: