FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obamacare details - be careful what you wish for
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A Peek Inside the ObamaCare Bill

Pg 22 of the HC Bill mandates the Government will audit books of all employers that self insure.

Pg 30 Sec 123 of HC bill — a Government committee (good luck with that!) will decide what treatments/benefits a person may receive.

Pg 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill — YOUR HEALTHCARE WILL BE RATIONED!

Pg 42 of HC Bill — The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you.

PG 50 Section 152 in HC bill — HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, illegal or otherwise.

Pg 58 HC Bill — Government will have real-time access to individual's finances and a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59 HC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have direct access to your bank accts for election funds transfer.

PG 65 Sec 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions & community organizations (read: ACORN).

Pg 72 Lines 8-14 Government will create an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.

PG 91 Lines 4-7 HC Bill — Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example — Translation for illegal aliens.

Pg 95 HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups, i.e. ACORN & Americorps, to sign up individuals for Government HC plan.

PG 85 Line 7 HC Bill — Specifics of Benefit Levels for Plans. AARP members — your Health care WILL be rationed.

PG 102 Lines 12-18 HC Bill — Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice.

pg 124 lines 24-25 HC No company can sue Government on price fixing. No "judicial review" against Government Monopoly.

pg 127 Lines 1-16 HC Bill — Doctors/ AMA — The Government will tell YOU what you can earn.

Pg 145 Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE.

Pg 126 Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay for HC for part time employees AND their families.

Pg 170 Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is exempt from individual taxes. (Americans will pay.)

Pg 195 HC Bill -officers & employees of HC Admin (the GOVERNMENT) will have access to ALL Americans' finances and personal records.

PG 203 Line 14-15 HC — "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax" Yes, it says that.

Pg 239 Line 14-24 HC Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

Pg 241 Line 6-8 HC Bill — Doctors — doesn't matter what specialty — will all be paid the same.

PG 253 Line 10-18 Government sets value of Doctor's time, professional judgment, etc. Literally, value of humans.

PG 265 Sec 1131 Government mandates & controls productivity for private HC industries.

Pg 317 L 13-20 OMG!! PROHIBITION on ownership/investment. Government tells Doctors what/how much they can own.

Pg 317-318 lines 21-25,1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion — Government will mandate hospitals cannot expand.

Pg 354 Sec 1177 — Government will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people!

PG 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consultations. Think Senior Citizens end of life prodding.

PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in how to die.

PG 427 Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends.

PG 429 Lines 10-12 "advanced care consultation" may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from the Government to end a life!

Page 472 Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATION. 1 monthly payment to a community-based organization. (Like ACORN?)

Here's a link to the entire bill
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h3200ih.pdf

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FStar
F L I N T O I D

First of all, there is no bill. There are three House committees and two Senate committees with jurisdiction over the bill, plus the Obama outline. The House Energy and Commerce Committee has not yet completed its markup of the bill and will likely not do so until after the August recess. Until a bill is marked up by the committee, anything can go in or come out. The Senate Finance Committee hasn't even started to mark the bill up and just announced it won't start until after the recess. Majority Leader Reid just announced no Senate vote until after the recess.

I am heavily involved with this legislation here in DC and can tell you I have no more insight into what's in or out than you do. So, your attempt at using scare tactics to turn people against a proposal that hasn't even been written yet is not very constructive.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:12 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FStar schreef:
First of all, there is no bill. There are three House committees and two Senate committees with jurisdiction over the bill, plus the Obama outline. The House Energy and Commerce Committee has not yet completed its markup of the bill and will likely not do so until after the August recess. Until a bill is marked up by the committee, anything can go in or come out. The Senate Finance Committee hasn't even started to mark the bill up and just announced it won't start until after the recess. Majority Leader Reid just announced no Senate vote until after the recess.

I am heavily involved with this legislation here in DC and can tell you I have no more insight into what's in or out than you do. So, your attempt at using scare tactics to turn people against a proposal that hasn't even been written yet is not very constructive.

Here's a news flash for ya sunshine, the american people don't want it. Look at the numbers. And as far as quoting dirty Harry Reid, well, he will be lucky if he hangs on to his job. Think not? Ask your buddy Back Again who lives in the state of Nevada.

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
using scare tactics

A lib mentioning that is hillarious its what the Democrats run on every election. Wow Dave shame on you for raining on Baracks parade with facts.

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 pm 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Pan, actually, the American people do want it. The most recent poll released shows a clear majority of Americans support government sponsored healthcare. That's 72%.

Now, of course you're going to argue that the poll isn't accurate (CBS poll) or it's done by a liberal group (wall street journal poll has most Americans supporting, but less than 72%) and there's nothing I can say to argue against that ignorance.

As far as twotap, shut up. This discussion is so far above your level of intelligence.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:36 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FStar schreef:
First of all, there is no bill.

http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:54 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FStar schreef:
First of all, there is no bill.

So the link to the Government Printing Office for the PDF of the bill is fake? Someone faked all 1017 pages?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

that looks like nothing more than a first draft of ideas.........
all to be discussed, checked and re-checked at a later date. whats the big deal??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:59 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Good points. I wouldn't be surprised if the end result has a few hundred more pages tacked on. I wonder if Kildee will even read a summary before he votes yes?
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:04 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
As far as twotap, shut up. This discussion is so far above your level of intelligence.

Hey punk last time I checked you aint running this forum just your mouth. Laughing By the way didnt your lib professors at MCC tell you their may be people who might actually disagree with you. Mommy , professor. someone help twotaps picking on me. F----- pussy.

Last edited by twotap on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:34 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

all right 2tap..better watch your mouth!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Hey all you libs can kiss my arse! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. Maybe you can console the little whimp.I sure hope hes not on some lib debate team somewhere cause whiners never win. Laughing

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:38 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

If you are speaking of FStar he claims to be a lobbyist which means to me he is sucking some politician's ass trying to get special favors. Really nothing more than a whore if you ask me. And a liberal one at that.

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Hey all you libs can kiss my arse!

Pan8

Hey Pan I would be careful throwing that offer out as I have a sneaking suspicion than more than one of our Lib contributors might take great sexual pleasure doing just that. Laughing

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: