FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Death of the Intellectual Conservative
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/09/22/neoconservatism/

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:08 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

can't get it to load on my machine dan....but then, an intellectual
conservative is an oxymoron anyway these days!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

their more concerned with tea parties sponsored by fox!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Neoconservatrives need to wake the hell up because "neoconservatives" apparently did too good a job of training the taliban.
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Their is something a bit strange about a dude who gets all his news from a lib magazine that goes by the name SALON. Hey Dan you gonna do a thread on this cutting edge subject also?? Hey backagain maybe you can get this to load? Laughing Laughing

http://open.salon.com/blog/amytuteurmd/2009/09/21/masturbatory_insanity_the_rise_and_fall_of_an_idea

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:43 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

such silliness!!! from a purported conservative no less.....but actually, it does kind of fit in with hiding in bathroom stalls and tapping your feet eh
2tap?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:09 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Their is something a bit strange about a dude who gets all his news from a lib magazine that goes by the name SALON. Hey Dan you gonna do a thread on this cutting edge subject also?? Hey backagain maybe you can get this to load? Laughing Laughing

http://open.salon.com/blog/amytuteurmd/2009/09/21/masturbatory_insanity_the_rise_and_fall_of_an_idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon_%28gathering%29

God, you're a moron. One who clearly lacks a wide vocabulary, probably caused from not reading anything that isn't from Drudge or Worldnet.

Also, I find it quite humorous that you giggle like a school girl at the mere mention of masturbation.

Last edited by Dan Moilanen on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

P.Y.
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your a cultural elite??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You must be related to fstar. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:33 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

Did Fstar really leave us? I so miss his humor and scathing wit. His name calling and baiting people, his arrogance. Wait,, what the hell am I saying?

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Your a cultural elite??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You must be related to fstar. Rolling Eyes

I guess I would be since I have a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and Philosophy and plan on working toward my Ph.D in Political Theory. Considering only 28% of American Citizens have attained at least a Bachelor's degree, I guess you'd have to put me in a minority of "cultural elite." The infamous cultural elites who hate America, Babies, Guns, and utilize this strange concept known as "rational thought."

I'm only 23 though, so I figured I'd work a bit and pay off my undergrad loans before taking on more.

How many degrees do you have, twotap?

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:13 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I have a degree in actually living and working and making good money for a lot of years and witnessing what the libs like yourself have done to America and its culture. Oh I almost forgot I am actually at this time reading a book its titled "The Politicallly Incorrect guide to American History" which exposes the idiocy you libs have introduced into the classroom in the form of shaping American history to suit your PC ideas. You should check it out, oh wait you have already been indoctrinated into the sheeple fraternity by your lib profs. By the way just what kind of job does a degree in poly sci and Philosphy:roll: Laughing Laughing Laughing qualify you for? Acorn perhaps? I guess that engineering or science degree would have been a bit much for ya huh. Political Science plus philosophy thats hillarious. Laughing

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Are we starting the I'm better than you because i have a degree thing again?

If so, I have 2: Associates in science from Mott & a Masters in survival from the University of Pleiku, Vietnam.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Old Dans just above the rest of us Dave that should be obvious why he wastes all those huge brain cells talking down to us less degreed is beyond me. Dave what kind of job does a poly sci grad qualify for? How about do you want fries with that burger. I sure hope his parents didnt foot the bill for that nonsense.Poly Sci cracks me up everytime I hear it.

I put this url up to help old Dan get his career of to a start.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/work.html

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Why did this thread degenerate into nothing more than name calling. What a waste of time for all of you - regardless of how one feels about Salon or their stories, they wrote a pretty decent piece here that should be chatted about.

quote:
Dan Moilen schreef:
How many degrees do you have, twotap?

If you ran through a philosophy department, Dan, you should be well aware that credentialing yourself does not make an argument. It actually falls into logical fallacy - careful about falling prey to this kind of argument. As you can see, twotap will get right on it, and then instead of having a conversation about the topic, he will latch on to whatever irrelevant detail he can and just blast you for it. Yah, it's not logical either and two wrongs don't make a right, but let him set traps for himself, don't set them up for him.

quote:
twotap schreef:
Oh I almost forgot I am actually at this time reading a book its titled "The Politicallly Incorrect guide to American History" which exposes the idiocy you libs have introduced into the classroom in the form of shaping American history to suit your PC ideas.

Sounds like an interesting book. Of course you realize, twotap my friend, that most historians are just clever fiction writers with more credibility? Hehe. I would love to read his points, considering that education in this country has been largely curtailed by conservative politicians, who have held the most power in at least the last 40 years and in the last century republicans have more often been president... leaving them more often quite in charge of national education policy. Hmmmm.....

quote:
twotap schreef:
Acorn perhaps?

What's your thing with ACORN, twotap? Do you really buy into the republican party's propaganda on them or have you actually ever done any research into the organization?

As to what he can do with his degree? Something - regardless of his degree, just having a BA opens up worlds of potential work. That's just a bad insult. I guess the next important question here is - why attack him for having an education? I've seen you do that a couple times on this board, when did having a degree become a bad thing? Despite your opinion, stats will tell you that in college there are a good number of departments that are flooded with conservative idealists, so don't get running down the path of "liberal institution is bad!" Give me a real reason.

quote:
twotap schreef:
Poly Sci cracks me up everytime I hear it.

Why? Poli-Sci majors are everywhere doing lots of cool things. Sometimes they end up in campaigns, sometimes they end up helping to write policy - you sure get cracked up over strange things.
Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:35 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I don't think 2 tap attacked Dan for having an education. It's the arrogant little " I'm 23 and if your not as eduacated as me, you don't know nothing. It don't matter what you've experienced in your life, I've been to college". Arrogance seems to be a trait of most cultural elites that I've ran into.

Hey Dan, If you hate America get the F*** out !!!!. There are countries in the world where people don't have that freedom. Here in America you can leave anytime you want.

If you hate Babies, remember you were once one too. Be thankful that your mother didn't hate babies.

If you hate guns, get over it. The 2nd amendment assures our constitutional right to own them.

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: