FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Hmm lets see heres how you lib teabaggers demonstrate.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Quite a difference Laughing Laughing Dan and backagain take note if you decide to join your compadres. Laughing

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6848176.ece

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090925/ap_on_re_us/g20_summit_protests

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:32 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Come on, Twotap, they aren't even closely related to the teabaggers or whatever they are calling themselves. Protesting the G-20 and other meetings around topics of globalization have been common for a long time. I'm surprised more conservative types don't show up, as some of the people there are concerned not only about global markets but "one world government!"
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

yeah your talking apples and oranges. no connection whatsoever. although select grouping of philosophies is common among wackjobs!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:18 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Come on, Twotap, they aren't even closely related to the teabaggers or whatever they are calling themselves.

You got that right cause the teabaggers from the right hold peaceful well behaved demonstrations the lefty whacko teabaggers on the other hand well the storys speak for themselves.

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:09 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

"peaceful and well behaved" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

those wingnuts scream, shout and carry assault rifles to protests.
talk about wackjobs!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The only reason the Black dude had his assault rifle with him was out of fear of you leftist whackjobs. Laughing Lets see how many were arrested or pepper sprayed or bean bagged NONE. well the one guy had his finger bitten of by one of your leftist whacko brethern.

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:55 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

Most of the anti-globalization demonstrations tend to be peaceful until police provoke or unreasonable respond to demonstrators. Then it turns violent and both sides continue to escalate the situation.

Most of the time the police seek to protect property. But remember these are typically anti-capitalist demonstrations that lead to destruction of property and over-zealous police officers beating women and other defenseless individuals into the ground.

The violence goes both ways.

I'm actually an advocate of violent demonstrations in certain cases, it just depends on the context.

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:59 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh hell, yes there are black wackjobs!!!

michael steele (as ordered by lush rimbaugh) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

that fool with the assault rifle. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

there are plenty of them fools! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I am not an anti-capitalist but I see some dangers in this G-20 meeting. I am very suspicious of any and all "leaders' be they politcal or business ones. And in these sort of gatherings we have both, YIKES! These "meetings' are not transparent, as they should be in my opinion, many of the people involeved are not elected, thus there is no accountabilty to any of the peoples of the countries they are supposedly representing. So while I may not join in the protests I think not all of the protestors are wackos against capitalism, they actually ( many anyway) have some very stong arguments and reasons why they oppose such meetings. When men in suits meet does it usally bode well for the non suit wearing populace?

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:34 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dan Moilanen schreef:
Most of the anti-globalization demonstrations tend to be peaceful until police provoke or unreasonable respond to demonstrators. Then it turns violent and both sides continue to escalate the situation.

Most of the time the police seek to protect property. But remember these are typically anti-capitalist demonstrations that lead to destruction of property and over-zealous police officers beating women and other defenseless individuals into the ground.

The violence goes both ways.

I'm actually an advocate of violent demonstrations in certain cases, it just depends on the context.

The broken windows and vandalized stores in Pittsburgh are the fault of the police????

Violence is ok for some, but not for others?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Most of the anti-globalization demonstrations tend to be peaceful until police provoke or unreasonable respond to demonstrators. (and my favorite)over-zealous police officers beating women and other defenseless individuals into the ground. That sounds like one of those leftist profs of yours speaking. Laughing

Now theres that lib mentalty we have all come to know. Its the cops fault. Rolling Eyes Hey Dan you have definetly come out of the leftist whacko closet with those comments but of course most of us knew that already. Laughing

Hey backagain the only reason I mentioned that the dude carrying the "Unloaded" AR type weapon was black is because your sources of news (you know the all lib all the time all spinners) neglected to mention that fact but continued and still do with the nonsense that those demonstrations were racially motivated. Hmm lets see how is it possible for a black dude to be racist against another black dude??? in fact how can a black dude even be racist since that term is only reserved for us lilly white folks. Laughing

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:12 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Its the cops fault.

Well, this is a yes and no. What I would argue is it's "authority's" fault in many ways. As Dan pointed out, many times protesters are in fact peaceful until somebody cracks a skull, shoots a rubber bullet or tosses some teargas into the crowd. Beyond that, over the last 50 years or so, we have seen an intense decline of a person's right to protest - instead of allowing gatherings, the government has set up regulations telling people when, where and how they can do what they are supposedly allowed to do in our constitution. Protest groups always have to make a choice about how they are going to hold their rallies, and sometimes the law doesn't give them much leeway.

I guess the question is this, twotap - if a bunch of teabaggers were being told that they could not hold demonstrations on the steps of the capital during a visit by Obama, would you support them violating the law and demonstrating anyhow? You may not, and then good on you for sticking to your guns. I know there are some who would - it's not a measure of "liberal" or "conservative" but rather one of "what must we do to get a message out period."

Of course, I never blame people who have violence brought against them - in any case, whether the police "started it" or the protesters did, reacting violently is never the correct answer unless you have the numbers to really do something worthwhile. Violence is only a useful source of political protest in exceptional circumstances (I say that as objectively as I can from my understanding of social movement literature) or in the cases of successful revolution XD.

quote:
twotap schreef:
in fact how can a black dude even be racist since that term is only reserved for us lilly white folks

Racism exists in every and all facets of human life. I'm a social scientist by training, so you won't really read me write "all" very often, but I think that I can safely say that it pretty much exists everywhere. Self-hating ethnic members exist. There are black men who have assimilated well into white society or have done well themselves who look down on their own people. I knew a black woman who thought black men were the devil. I know white people who think that segments of their own ethnic grouping are less than acceptable, "They give white people a bad name!" Almost certainly you can hate within your ethnicity.

quote:
Elias12 schreef:
These "meetings' are not transparent, as they should be in my opinion, many of the people involeved are not elected, thus there is no accountabilty to any of the peoples of the countries they are supposedly representing.

This is one of my biggest issues with the current state of economic globalism. The WTO and the G-x meetings aren't transparent, we have no idea what is going on here. How do you feel about creating or updating current institutions for regulating international law/finance? I've read some impressive arguments concerning globalism as an unchecked force that have convinced me pretty readily it's a necessity.
Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:56 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh! i personally know black folks racist against other black folks.
hell yea it happens!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

by the way, i saw the picture of that black fool with the 15.another frakkin idiot!!! every race has x's who hate other x's for whatever reason. that not only applies to blacks.

speaking of complete idiots with a television show, did you see glen (burp) beck get owned by katie couric???? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

another right wing wackjob fumbling at his own stated idiotic moronic comments . Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:06 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Quite a difference Laughing Laughing Dan and backagain take note if you decide to join your compadres. Laughing

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6848176.ece

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090925/ap_on_re_us/g20_summit_protests

I dunno about you twotap but I think I'd rather have Obama running America than the UN or G20 running it.

I know people like you really seem to love places like Israel and the middle East but I think America should start focusing more on America although I understand policing the world may be a fun proposition for neocons like yourself but if you haven;t noticed that is very costly and if you are so supportive of this expensive strategy please feel free to send some extra money to Master Obama because when you're dead and gone my generation will still be paying the debts for your SS payments and all these b.s. wars we can't afford.

In other words F*** the UN, F*** the G8 and let's save our own country that is already about $60 trillion and counting in debt.

Post Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:43 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I wonder when Princess Nancy is gonna come out and condemn these protestors.

Post Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:15 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: