FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Joe Wilson was right.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Obamas a LIAR.

Senators turn back ID requirement for immigrant healthcare
By Jeffrey Young - 09/30/09 01:03 PM ET
Senate Finance Committee Democrats rejected a proposed a requirement that immigrants prove their identity with photo identification when signing up for federal healthcare programs.

Finance Committee ranking member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said that current law and the healthcare bill under consideration are too lax and leave the door open to illegal immigrants defrauding the government using false or stolen identities to obtain benefits.

Grassley's amendment was beaten back 10-13 on a party-line vote.

The bill, authored by committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.), would require applicants to verify their names, places of birth and Social Security numbers. In addition, legal immigrants would have to wait five years, as under current law, after obtaining citizenship or legal residency to access federal healthcare benefits such as Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program or receive tax credits or purchase insurance through the exchange created by the legislation.

But the would not require them to show a photo ID, such as a drivers license. Without that requirement, the bill "remains dearly lacking when it comes to identification," Grassley said. "Frankly, I'm very perplexed as to why anyone would oppose this amendment," he said.

But Democratic Sen. Jeff Bingaman, who represents the border state of New Mexico, said that the type of fraud Grassley said he wants to prevent is highly uncommon. "The way I see the amendment, it's a solution without a problem," Bingaman said.

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

Come on Twotap , are you saying Obama actually did lie to us? WOW, frigging unbelievable! Imagine, a politicans lying to the people? Who would have thunk ? Bush lied to us, Ford, Carter, hell Clinton did utter the truth once in 8 years I don't think. Of course they lie, they are politicans, most are lawyers( which is a college degree in obscuring the truth and making the simple seem so complex) . We know they lie, that is why we should be on them like stick on poop ( I cleaned that up alot) . Oh , in case I am charged with being partisan, Nixon lied and was paranoid, Reagan lied too, but damm he sure knew how to pull it off well.

Post Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:11 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Obamas a LIAR.

Can you back that up? Since your article says nothing about Obama being a liar, you are basically lying yourself. Way to jump to illogical conclusions Rolling Eyes
Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:21 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Elias12 schreef:
Come on Twotap , are you saying Obama actually did lie to us? WOW, frigging unbelievable! Imagine, a politicans lying to the people? Who would have thunk ? Bush lied to us, Ford, Carter, hell Clinton did utter the truth once in 8 years I don't think. Of course they lie, they are politicans, most are lawyers( which is a college degree in obscuring the truth and making the simple seem so complex) . We know they lie, that is why we should be on them like stick on poop ( I cleaned that up alot) . Oh , in case I am charged with being partisan, Nixon lied and was paranoid, Reagan lied too, but damm he sure knew how to pull it off well.

We could do like they did in the Hondruas and extradite them. We've paid off Israel so much maybe they would take em.

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
quote:
twotap schreef:
Obamas a LIAR.

Can you back that up? Since your article says nothing about Obama being a liar, you are basically lying yourself. Way to jump to illogical conclusions Rolling Eyes

He lied about illegals not being able to get health care. Technically Palin is also correct about the "death panels". Those should continue.

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:55 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
He lied about illegals not being able to get health care.

Where? Where did Obama lie about that? Obama isn't directing the bills in the House and Senate - those are representatives and senators. At the time of his speech there wasn't anything that would allow illegal immigrants to get health care. You can't lie when the future changes based on something you have little to no control over. You folks are just looking for reasons to paint him as a bad guy, that's all.
Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

they are inventing things to say. their comments are always uninformed and loony. theres a whole bunch of nuts like this, most fired up by the reigning foxed idiot morons. their own party wants nothing to do with them.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Domet ill bet you are one of those whiners who constantly babbles the worn out phrase BUSH LIED when at the time of the IRAQ invasion ALL info and mostly ALL DEMOCRATS agreed that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Now your defending barcrako because "how could he know things change". You libs ill tell ya. By the way most folks with half a brain know that obama is fully aware of the loopholes that will allow illegals to cash in on taxpayer funded health care which he will probably use to justify amnesty ( Wll ah since ah they can ah easily ah obtain it ah illegally ah we ah er ah might just as well ah pass the ah legislation that will make it ah er ah legal) and you guessed it healthcare. But you keep up with your weak defense of the guy whos support grows smaller by the day. Laughing 2010-2012 here we come hey Pelosi take your seat in the back of the chamber and shut the f---up. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:07 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Hey, twotap - you can't figure out a way to show that Obama was lying, so instead you stick to your weak tactics and attack me personally. The comparison between Bush and Obama is completely fabricated - Bush had the chance to allow weapon inspectors to look for WMD's and instead BASED AND ENTIRE WAR on something that didn't exist.

Did I call Bush a liar? No, I said he was an idiot who, instead of waiting for verifiable evidence, decided to wage a war that has cost us billions. Considering that we had Iraq sandwiched with control over their air space and clearly an ability to completely rock their world, Bush could have waited for further UN inspectors. I call Bush a liar for a whole lot of other things, but not Iraq. For that, well for that he's just an idiot.

There are "loopholes" in many things which allow illegal immigrants to cash in on public assistance programs. Because that's the case doesn't mean that we shouldn't pass it to help legitimate Americans. So, not only are you still wrong about Obama being a liar, but you are a pathetic misanthrope who would rather Americans suffer than see "illegals" gain access to public programs. Give me a break, you're pathetic.

You're as bad as faux news. Let's see - you were wrong about ACORN, you were wrong about Oil exploration and Oil refineries, and you're wrong in calling Obama a liar. I don't think you have any credibility left at all. You can't come to terms with being incorrect about things and instead look to attack others. You're a swell fella.
Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Obama is a liar and I see you admit that the dems want illegals to have health care get amnesty and become the newest from cradle to grave group to depend on them for everything. I believe you are finally getting it. Speaking of FOX news Glen Beck has one hell of a program every week day at 5pm and nails you libs and your whacko ideas everytime he is on. No wonder you guys hate him and FOX so much. Laughing 2010-2012

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
quote:
Adam schreef:
He lied about illegals not being able to get health care.

Where? Where did Obama lie about that? Obama isn't directing the bills in the House and Senate - those are representatives and senators. At the time of his speech there wasn't anything that would allow illegal immigrants to get health care. You can't lie when the future changes based on something you have little to no control over. You folks are just looking for reasons to paint him as a bad guy, that's all.

Then maybe Obama needs to learn how to read the bills before he runs his mouth or shut up. When Obama was spewing his ignorance the Joe was right. The immigrant restrictions had been voted down. Obama has people to fact check his teleprompter for him.

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:

Did I call Bush a liar? No, I said he was an idiot who, instead of waiting for verifiable evidence, decided to wage a war that has cost us billions. Considering that we had Iraq sandwiched with control over their air space and clearly an ability to completely rock their world, Bush could have waited for further UN inspectors. I call Bush a liar for a whole lot of other things, but not Iraq. For that, well for that he's just an idiot.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20031013/corn

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link

The problem is blank paper may be better and Bush did help give Iraq Universal health care.

There's also the farm bill which is literally a killer.

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The biggest lie old Baracko is putting out there is no new taxes to pay for his Obamacare. (Kinda like his "I support the 2nd ammendment" huge fib)Ya right Barak tells us another one. And before you libs start with the OH YA!!! show us crap how about proving me wrong by spalinin just how the ONE is planning to pay for this because as of yet he sure hasnt.

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:20 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
Then maybe Obama needs to learn how to read the bills before he runs his mouth or shut up. When Obama was spewing his ignorance the Joe was right. The immigrant restrictions had been voted down. Obama has people to fact check his teleprompter for him.

Riiiight... because when Obama said, "The reforms I am proposing will not offer health care to illegal immigrants.." he was lying.

Sorry kids, but no matter how you float it, Obama is not the Democratic Party, just as Bush was not the Republican party. His reforms do not call for illegal immigrants getting health care, some democrats, however, disagree with that vision. That, friends, is called democracy. Because Obama has a different idea or vision does not mean he is agreed with.

quote:
twotap schreef:
words Glen Beck words

Oh yah, because Glen Beck has a ton of credibility. Give me a break. the fact that you get your "facts" from a Pundit is a clear indicator of how flawed your information is. Getting "facts" from somebody whose job it is to entertain and interpret (this is what we call a pundit) instead of doing your own research is what makes you ignorant. Ignorant isn't a bad thing, twotap, unless you let it fester in the face of overwhelming evidence. As you have shown now in multiple occasions, you are not capable of defending your arguments or doing research outside of Faux News, leading me back to "twotap lacks credibility."

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:31 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: