FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: More idiocy from Obmamas troops.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

What part of illegal dont you understand lady Shocked Rolling Eyes

Feds limit Ariz. sheriff's crackdown on illegal immigrants
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he will continue his controversial Rolling Eyes "crime suppression operations" despite a Department of Homeland Security decision to strip him of authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants based solely on their immigration status, the East Valley Tribune reports.

“It’s all politics,” says Arpaio, sheriff of Maricopa County.

Arpaio will still have the power to check the immigration status of people booked by his officers, but not the authority to conduct street patrols looking for illegal immigrants.

His “crime suppression operations” are saturation patrols in designated areas where deputies would find illegal immigrants by stopping them for traffic infractions and minor violations, the paper says.

The Department of Justice and other federal agencies are investigating the sheriff’s office on accusations of racial profiling during the operations, the paper says.

Arpaio said he will be able to still conduct the crime sweeps under state human smuggling laws and an obscure federal law that allows local police to arrest illegal immigrants.

A spokesman for the Phoenix office of ICE declined to comment until after pending agreements with the country are signed.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don't arrest people breaking the law - interesting.
Must be the laws only apply to some people, like Geithner & Rangel not having to pay penalties & interest on back taxes owed.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

That has nothing to do with it. Sheriff John Arpaio has been a frequent abuser of human rights and, instead of just enforcing the law, has treated prisoners in his county exceptionally poorly. Did you notice the "racial profiling" bit at the bottom? Pulling people over because they look like immigrants and then checking their legal status is wrong on all sorts of levels. I have no problem with enforcement of the law, but Arpaio was disengaged from ICE's Section 87 rule for very good reasons.

Here are a few for those who don't know:
Making inmate wear pink underwear - just an attack on masculinity, and attempt to embarrass inmates.
Tent City - not entirely uncommon in the US. However, when average daily temperatures inside a tent on the top bunk get up to 150 degrees, well that's an issue. Water and fans were provided, but temperatures were still well within 110 degrees. Sorry, but I think the mistreatment of prisoners is not only wrong, but also... illegal?
Marching inmates to a new prison in chains, their underwear and their flip-flops - marching them down the street. Doesn't that seem at all wrong to anybody?
Beyond that, there is a report out by the East Valley Tribune which argues that, according to their numbers, since the Sheriff's office has started to focus disproportionately on illegal immigrants, response times, fewer arrests for other serious crimes have declined and investigation effectiveness has declined. His obsession with immigration is hurting legal citizens in his own county.
Let's not even get into the fact that his office has lost over 47 million dollars in lawsuits due to wrongful death, wrongful arrests and other sorts of issues... good job Sheriff Arpaio!

There are a lot of other issues in play with this man, but his violations of human rights, his flagrant abuse of the law to meet his ends and hold onto power... sorry, but he's a bad guy and the Feds should have cut his authority years ago when these complaints were first being lodged. I do not shed a tear for the loss of his access to Section 87. I just hope that people in that county either wake up or the state comes in and removes his rank, because he is just a bad man in general. People like Arpaio should not be in charge of anything, especially law enforcement. A man with a badge and a gun has complete control over your rights, regardless of what papers and laws say. Arpaio has shown time and time again that he is willing to abuse that power to reach his own ends.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
wrongful death,

Hey Domet ever check the stats on all those "wrongful deaths" caused by illegals?? I knew you whiners would be jumping all over this thats why I posted it. Making prisoners uncomfortable or heaven forbid embarrased wow thats really tough. By the way as far as cutting his authority wouldnt that be up to the folks who keep electing him?? Looks to me like they are satisfied and probably quite happy that someone has the balls to take on these illegals and all the criminal activity associated with them something your potus sure is lacking. Actually im sure that flints crime rate would drop way off if someone like the good sheriff was running things of course he would have to deal with you whiners. Oh ya as far as these multimillion dollar suits thats not hard to figure when the jury gets loaded up with a bunch of bleeding hearts like well you know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INVASION USA
Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily
Death toll in 2006 far overshadows total U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq, Afghanistan

Posted: November 28, 2006
1:00 am Eastern

By Joseph Farah
© 2009 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – While the military "quagmire" in Iraq was said to tip the scales of power in the U.S. midterm elections, most Americans have no idea more of their fellow citizens – men, women and children – were murdered this year by illegal aliens than the combined death toll of U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan since those military campaigns began.

Though no federal statistics are kept on murders or any other crimes committed by illegal aliens, a number of groups have produced estimates based on data collected from prisons, news reports and independent research.

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Total U.S. troop deaths in Iraq as of last week were reported at 2,863. Total U.S. troop deaths in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Uzbekistan during the five years of the Afghan campaign are currently at 289, according to the Department of Defense.

But the carnage wrought by illegal alien murderers represents only a fraction of the pool of blood spilled by American citizens as a result of an open border and un-enforced immigration laws.

While King reports 12 Americans are murdered daily by illegal aliens, he says 13 are killed by drunk illegal alien drivers – for another annual death toll of 4,745. That's 23,725 since Sept. 11, 2001.

While no one – in or out of government – tracks all U.S. accidents caused by illegal aliens, the statistical and anecdotal evidence suggests many of last year's 42,636 road deaths involved illegal aliens.

A report by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Study found 20 percent of fatal accidents involve at least one driver who lacks a valid license. In California, another study showed that those who have never held a valid license are about five times more likely to be involved in a fatal road accident than licensed drivers.

Statistically, that makes them an even greater danger on the road than drivers whose licenses have been suspended or revoked – and nearly as dangerous as drunk drivers.

King also reports eight American children are victims of sexual abuse by illegal aliens every day – a total of 2,920 annually.

Based on a one-year in-depth study, Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute of Atlanta estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each. She analyzed 1,500 cases from January 1999 through April 2006 that included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants.

As the number of illegal aliens in the U.S. increases, so does the number of American victims.

According to Edwin Rubenstien, president of ESR Research Economic Consultants, in Indianapolis in 1980, federal and state correctional facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens. But at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in all U.S. jails and prisons.

While the federal government doesn't track illegal alien murders, illegal alien rapes or illegal alien drunk driving deaths, it has studied illegal aliens incarcerated in U.S. prisons.

In April 2005, the Government Accountability Office released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following:

The 55,322 illegal aliens studied represented a total of 459,614 arrests – some eight arrests per illegal alien;
Their arrests represented a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses – some 13 offenses per illegal alien;
36 percent had been arrested at least five times before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arpaio Proud of Increased Fear in Immigrant Community
“Some undocumented workers say they are afraid to drive because of Arpaio's
crackdown. Others say they are considering leaving the state, which, advocates say,
could hurt the economy. Arpaio said that indicates his crackdown, aimed at deterring
illegal immigration, is working.” “If you say they are leaving, I have accomplished my
mission,” Arpaio said. [Arizona Republic, 10/17/07]

I agree isnt that the general idea?? Laughing

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Hey Domet ever check the stats on all those "wrongful deaths" caused by illegals??

Ummm.. no.. because I was saying Arpaio was responsible for wrongful deaths, or did you not understand what I was saying?

So, you made a post.. contradicting none of my points. Typical twotap - substandard argument in an attempt to prove a point he can't. Old news.

Arpaio is an abuser of human rights - crime has not gone down in his county, it is being responded to less because he is so obsessed with immigrants. And why do you use WorldNetDaily - do you get any of your information from independent resources or is everything you have to say just as worthless as your arguments?

quote:
twotap schreef:
Oh ya as far as these multimillion dollar suits thats not hard to figure when the jury gets loaded up with a bunch of bleeding hearts like well you know.

You're an idiot. I hate to sink to the level of just calling you names, but hey you're an idiot. Do you even know how jury selection works? Prosecution and Defense attorneys get to make their picks, and they have to agree on jurors. This means that a jury is likely not going to be "loaded up" with a "bunch of bleeding hearts." You are irrational, illogical and support a man who is more interested in hurting human beings than helping people in his own county.

I don't know why you support this guy. He has cost his community millions of dollars, he is responding less to crime and this not helping his community and, instead of doing his job, has decided that immigrants are who he wants to damage. He has a vendetta - is that why you feel so at home with him? He reminds you of yourself? A guy whose pathetic goals are so entwined with personal vendetta and ill-informed sources that he is incapable of being a decent human being? I can see the similarity and why you're so fond.

Yeah, twotap - I think that if you believe it is okay to do damage to another person, to hurt them without reason, to damage them and torment them and humiliate them, you are a terrible human being. Not only that but you, who hold to the constitution, sit here and tell me that it is okay for him to treat prisoners so badly. Why? Because they aren't Americans? Do you so strongly hate another human being that it is okay for their rights to be violated in our prisons? If so, then you are not only a hypocrite but the worse kind of person, somebody the world would be better off without.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup the libs and their name calling takes a while but sooner or later. Hey jerkoff the only reason I posted this was to get you riled and it sure worked. Well that and to point out that at least someone is attempting to right or wrong do something about the influx of illegals. Hmm lets see ill bet you know what barack and his homeland security team Laughing are doing about it. Care to share? Oh wait I already have the answer they are telling anyone who is attempting to do anything about it to KNOCK IT OFF. Wouldnt want to disinfranchise all those soon to be given amnesty and healthcare future Democrat voters now would we.

"I don't know why you support this guy. He has cost his community millions of dollars, he is responding less to crime and this not helping his community and, instead of doing his job, has decided that immigrants are who he wants to damage. He has a vendetta "

And in case you have not noticed keeps getting reelected. Laughing

quote:
how jury selection works

Yes I know how it works and it sure seems to wind up with a bunch of folks willing to spend a whole bunch of someone elses money you know like in the case of you liberals. Laughing

quote:
somebody the world would be better off without.

That almost sounds like a threat to me and coming from one who claims to be so caring compassionate and understanding. Shocked Hey stud if your in the country illegally the constitution does not apply or did your leftist profs fill your head with different ideas. (Silly question that) Laughing Of course all this torment of these wonderful lawbreakers could be so simply avoided if the didnt BREAK THE LAW and that our dear whiz kid includes entering the USA illegally.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
That almost sounds like a threat to me and coming from one who claims to be so caring compassionate and understanding.

Actually, twotap, I had some respect for you. However, this thread has shown several things:
a: You're an idiot.
b: You don't deserve the respect I was willing to give you.
c: Despite being proven wrong over and over again, you still hold to your same ideals, see A and B.

So, as it stands, this thread just proved to me what everybody else has been telling me since my arrival - you're an idiot whom exemplifies knowing nothing, spouting worthless rhetoric - you buy into the images that are fed to you by your precious pundits.

And, just to go out on a note which shows that, once again you're an idiot, if you are in US jails, or are arrested by the US legal system, you are still given Miranda rights AND you are given the same rights afforded to a US citizen. This is one of the reasons your pal Bush kept keeping people off and out of the US, because once he brought them here the US Supreme Court had ruled they had to be treated with due process.

AND AGAIN! Twotap is shown to be the idiot we all know him to be, even me now. Grats, bro.

Last edited by Domet on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:05 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ouch!!!!!! but he has a "bitchin" nova!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:14 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

That has nothing to do with it. Sheriff John Arpaio has been a frequent abuser of human rights and, instead of just enforcing the law, has treated prisoners in his county exceptionally poorly. Did you notice the "racial profiling" bit at the bottom? Pulling people over because they look like immigrants and then checking their legal status is wrong on all sorts of levels. I have no problem with enforcement of the law, but Arpaio was disengaged from ICE's Section 87 rule for very good reasons.

Here are a few for those who don't know:
Making inmate wear pink underwear - just an attack on masculinity, and attempt to embarrass inmates.
Tent City - not entirely uncommon in the US. However, when average daily temperatures inside a tent on the top bunk get up to 150 degrees, well that's an issue. Water and fans were provided, but temperatures were still well within 110 degrees. Sorry, but I think the mistreatment of prisoners is not only wrong, but also... illegal?
Marching inmates to a new prison in chains, their underwear and their flip-flops - marching them down the street. Doesn't that seem at all wrong to anybody?
Beyond that, there is a report out by the East Valley Tribune which argues that, according to their numbers, since the Sheriff's office has started to focus disproportionately on illegal immigrants, response times, fewer arrests for other serious crimes have declined and investigation effectiveness has declined. His obsession with immigration is hurting legal citizens in his own county.
Let's not even get into the fact that his office has lost over 47 million dollars in lawsuits due to wrongful death, wrongful arrests and other sorts of issues... good job Sheriff Arpaio!

There are a lot of other issues in play with this man, but his violations of human rights, his flagrant abuse of the law to meet his ends and hold onto power... sorry, but he's a bad guy and the Feds should have cut his authority years ago when these complaints were first being lodged. I do not shed a tear for the loss of his access to Section 87. I just hope that people in that county either wake up or the state comes in and removes his rank, because he is just a bad man in general. People like Arpaio should not be in charge of anything, especially law enforcement. A man with a badge and a gun has complete control over your rights, regardless of what papers and laws say. Arpaio has shown time and time again that he is willing to abuse that power to reach his own ends.

Or you can go down to Genesee County jail and hear some of those stories. Good thing the county inmates are just humans and not precious dogs though so it's not as big a deal here in the USSA.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:17 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
Do you even know how jury selection works? Prosecution and Defense attorneys get to make their picks, and they have to agree on jurors. This means that a jury is likely not going to be "loaded up" with a "bunch of bleeding hearts." You are irrational, illogical and support a man who is more interested in hurting human beings than helping people in his own county.

I do. You just say you support the constitution or question the prosecutor why unarmed robbery=armed robbery and you won't be on the jury.

It's a good thing Americans are generally so dumb and uninformed or we might not have these millions of pages of wonderful laws on the books.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:22 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
It's a good thing Americans are generally so dumb and uninformed or we might not have these millions of pages of wonderful laws on the books.

You know what I have always been a big fan of? The Sunset legislation proposed by some of the smarter libertarians out there. Not that I don't think there are a lot of laws on the books which should be kept, but it seems to me that the US legal system has been in need of a good overhaul for far too long now.

Post Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:46 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I agree , wholeheartledy Domet. So many of the laws are just dumb, while many are downnright bizzare and outdated. And all them on the books certainly doesn't make enforcement easier. Adam , from time to time, brings up some interesting things to ponder. Too bad more of us don't insist on this selective culling of arcane laws.

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:09 am 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I have a friend that was dropped from a jury because while talking to the lawyers from both sides, when he asked why he was told it was because both lawyers thought he was" too inquisitve". I also had the a simliar thing happen to me when selected for jury duty. I later asked my friend's girl friend, a lawyer, why I may have been dropped , and she told me since I had a college education covering 3 majors she ,as a lawyer, would also object to me being on a jury she was presenting a case to. Now I never consider myself to be brilliant I would like to ask judges and lawyers if they think people on juries should really be involved in uncovering as many of the facts of a case as they can or do they just want an easy to manipulate audience? Shouldn't jurors be encouraged to engage both lawyers if they are to take their civic duties seriously?

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:21 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

"Did you notice the "racial profiling" bit at the bottom? Pulling people over because they look like immigrants and then checking their legal status is wrong on all sorts of levels."

Maybe I missed the part where it said he was racially profiling. I read that they stop people for minor violations and then check the persons status. It is called a pretext stop and it is legal. Being accused of racial profiling is common place in law enforcement and just because you are accused of it, doesn't mean you are doing it. Furthermore, the Sheriff says he has arrested approx 33,000 for being illegals with most of the arrests coming from people whose status he has checked only after they were lodged in his jail. He reports only approx 300 arrests have been made on the streets.

"Making inmate wear pink underwear - just an attack on masculinity, and attempt to embarrass inmates."

Oh no, not an attack on a inmates masculinity. That is so horrible. In my opinion, a criminal waives his masculinity when they commit a crime and in committing the crime, they open themselves for embarrassment.

"Tent City - not entirely uncommon in the US. However, when average daily temperatures inside a tent on the top bunk get up to 150 degrees, well that's an issue. Water and fans were provided, but temperatures were still well within 110 degrees. Sorry, but I think the mistreatment of prisoners is not only wrong, but also... illegal?"

These people live in Arizona and it is hot there. Fans and water were provided in an attempt to make inmates more comfortable. If you don't want to be uncomfortable, don't commit a crime.

"Marching inmates to a new prison in chains, their underwear and their flip-flops - marching them down the street. Doesn't that seem at all wrong to anybody?"

No, it doesn't seem wrong to me. I wouldn't want unchained inmates walking the streets. I figured you'd like the fact they were unclothed, but had shoes, because after all, it is hot out and they would likely burn their feet without the flip flops.

"Beyond that, there is a report out by the East Valley Tribune which argues that, according to their numbers, since the Sheriff's office has started to focus disproportionately on illegal immigrants, response times, fewer arrests for other serious crimes have declined and investigation effectiveness has declined. His obsession with immigration is hurting legal citizens in his own county."

Quick research indicates that the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office provides the primary police coverage for only approx 66,000 people in a county of nearly 4,000,000. That is only 1.6 percent of the total population of the county. The remaining 98.4 percent of the county is policed by municipal police departments and some of these agencies are huge (Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, Scottsdale, and Tempe to name a few), so there are probably many factors outside of the illegal immigrant crackdown which contribute to the overall effectiveness of police investigations in the county. Not to nit pick your argument, but the way you typed it you're saying response times have declined (which is good) and fewer arrests for serious crimes have declined (meaning arrests went up).

"Let's not even get into the fact that his office has lost over 47 million dollars in lawsuits due to wrongful death, wrongful arrests and other sorts of issues... good job Sheriff Arpaio!"

The numbers I see are actually 43 million since he began his tenure in 1996. 43 million in 14 years is roughly 3.6 million a year. Not too bad considering the size of the county he provides jail services for. Put in context, how much did Williamson cost Flint, a much smaller city, in a much smaller time?

"Arpaio has shown time and time again that he is willing to abuse that power to reach his own ends."

He's not abusing power, he's upholding the law and seems to be doing so effectively. What do you think are his "ends" anyway?
Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ouch!!!!!! but he has a "bitchin" nova!!

Yup and just to prove it here it is. Laughing

As far as the ouch comment that would hold some meaning if old Twotap actually gave a rats ass what our self proclaimed scholar of all subjects legend in his or hers (yet to be decided) own mind on Flinttalk "domet" thought. Laughing I did notice the lack of any response as to why the good sheriff keeps getting reelected (probably a bunch of Twotaps kin living there). and of course the BIG question just what is Obama and his cronies doing about the invasion?? Aint libs good for a laugh though?? Laughing

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:45 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: