FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FOIA Requests Archive

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Via http://boingboing.net

One of the various places that I run around and look at nearly daily posted this interesting little site here: Government Attic . If you have any similar interests to me, and occasionally consider filing a FOIA request or, at the very least, would like to know what FOIA requests are sitting out there already, this is a good place for you.

They currently classify three distinct categories: Department of Defense, Department of Justice and the classic catchall All Others. I spent a little time rummaging through some of these files today and, well, there's a lot of really neat stuff in there. If you have time, or you're curious about something coming out of the government, this is a good place to step in and look.

Now, what I would love to see, is an archive of FOIA requests for Flint and Michigan State - it is sometimes impossibly hard to find or access information and if somebody else already requested it, well that would save at least me some time!

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:55 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whoa!!! cool site..thanks Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: