FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Cmon Gore whats the plan here

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Storms menace CA...
Heavy snow expected in PA...
Chicago record breaking cold continues...
Montana records fall...
CHILL MAP...
FORECASTS BLOWN: '09 Atlantic hurricane season quietest in decade...

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:20 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

jesus dude. i saw domet explain how it works to you once...
were you listening???? Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:07 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i saw domet explain how it works to you once...

This is why I suggested to just stick to the method of, "Ignore the Troll." Twotap is a dolt - he doesn't learn, and he doesn't even try to understand. You could explain to him the principles of any scientific model or action and he would decry it as witchcraft. Knowledge is against everything he believes in - you can see it when he makes fun of people for being smart, when he attacks people for actually knowing something. Since twotap doesn't actually know anything, people who seem to actually grasp sometimes complex topics are best demonized, that way he can feel better about himself.

Point is, responding to twotap directly or otherwise just feeds the troll which is ever hungrier for more bridge crossers. When you feed trolls, they get bigger. Flint Talk has fed this troll far too much - give him a diet already.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:21 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i've always wondered what "troll" actually meant when referring to online activity. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

DOMET explained it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing thats hillarious not only the local scholar but our climatologist to boot. Ya right gore explained it also in his full of bullshit movie. Rolling Eyes Hey Backagain does your leg tingle when domet speaks? Laughing

Hey domet why is it if your ignoring me you comment on everything I post. By the way Backagain and I have been pals long before you groped your way into Flinttalk and will be long after you whine your liberal way out of here. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:33 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i've always wondered what "troll" actually meant when referring to online activity.

Well, twotap basically defines the activity. He comes into threads, posts inflammatory comments that aren't actually related to the thread. A great example of this would be the recent Walling thread where nobody mentioned anything about Obama. But here comes clever, witty twotap, "Sound like any other democrats we know?" har har har, picture of Obama. Useless content, irrelevant post - trolling.

You can also go to almost any other thread twotap posts - no real content, no actual arguments, just him reposting things that are irrelevant and don't really merit conversation. When you respond to him and chat with you, you're allowing the troll mentality to take it's course, to gain power. Think of a fictional troll - what do they do? They lurk in dark corners and wait for unsuspecting victims to show up and then BAM eat them, or kill them, or demand money to cross the bridge. Twotap is the internet equivalent - he lurks in his dark corner, and posts irrelevant garbage. He can't be reasoned with, he can't actually be talked to, he's inflammatory and his only purpose, apart from being an ignorant individual (and maintaining that ignorance, of course) is to insult, attack, annoy and bother other people.

He doesn't actually offer anything that is worthwhile - and that's his destructive power on the internet. People respond to him and then he starts flaming and then they start flaming - sooner or later the thread is burned and the original content is irrelevant in the face of the irrelevant argument which has developed. His power to distract, which is his only real power by the way, is immense. Instead of talking on point or making any arguments, his goal is to goad you into attacking him. Your points are better than his, always, but pretty soon all that disappears as you just start trading insults with him.

Trolls are the worse thing on the internet. An infestation of trolls can sometimes lead to more trolls and they are all best dealt with by the old ban hammer. However, when mods fail to do that, because they don't want to "interfere," the next best bet is to just ignore them.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
the next best bet is to just ignore them.

Still waiting, Laughing Laughing Laughing what a libtard. Laughing

quote:
He doesn't actually offer anything that is worthwhile - and that's his destructive power on the internet. People respond to him and then he starts flaming and then they start flaming - sooner or later the thread is burned and the original content is irrelevant in the face of the irrelevant argument which has developed. His power to distract, which is his only real power by the way, is immense. Instead of talking on point or making any arguments, his goal is to goad you into attacking him. Your points are better than his, always, but pretty soon all that disappears as you just start trading insults with him.

Works on you everytime its tried. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:24 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Wow, twotap actually admitted to being a troll, right here in this thread. I'll tell ya what, it's not often that a troll admits to being the irrelevant idiot they are portraying. My favorite part in any of this, back again, is by ignoring twotap, by not talking to him directly, by refusing to respond to his ignorant ramblings, you can see how desperate for attention he is. Like a child Laughing

Look at his posts in every thread where I have continued to ignore him - trying to goad, failing, making posts, "Look at me look at me look at me!" This is the ultimate hilarity for a troll like twotap - as you ignore him, his power lessons, and eventually he is relegated to just being the whining idiot he has proved himself to be over and over again. While it's fun to watch twotap sit and spin on his own rhetoric, it's so much more fun to just watch as he cries over nobody giving a damn.

quote:
Adam schreef:
link

Well done sir XD. Point illustrated perfectly.

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
nobody giving a damn.

Except of course DOMET. Laughing Laughing

Hey backagain wonder what the word troll means? That was a term invented by whinyass liberals to stick on anyone who dares expose on internet forums the idiot ideas they have plagued the country with for the last 40 years. Some folks are actually offended by it but others like myself relish in it because it shows I am hitting all the right nerves. Some folks troll for pike I troll for pike and for libwhiners like domet. OOPS theirs another hit. By the way I have already landed a bunch of libs who couldnt handle the exposure and am measuring a place on the wall for domet as we speak. Laughing

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hmmm I had not heard of this fellow until we started talking this global warming nonsense, now ill admit he may not be up to domets level of expertise Rolling Eyes on the subject but his opinon does have some merit. Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lindzen

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:06 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: