FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Nice to know Flint has lots of money

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The news at noon had a story where Walling said the Chevy in the hole green space project is a go. The Army Corps of Engineers will pay 75% of the cost, with the City paying 25%. It's nice to know we have a full compliment of police & fire fighters & have enough left over to pay for this project.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

UPDATE: That's where they're dumping all the leaves from the pickup. See the article on the Journal's web site. They list the cost of the hole & the hamilton dam at 14 million, so the city's share will be "only" 3.5 million.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

So are they going to clean up the polution or just leave it?
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:46 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Dump all the leaves & yard waste there & cover it up.

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ruth Mott and others went to council to protest the composting in Hall's Flats (Court and Ann Arbor under the bridge) citing a state law that prohibited compost a certain distance from the river.
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:51 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ms.mott certainly carries weight!!! she may have a good point!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

If I remember correctly there was concern about he run off into the creek. Also they wanted to extend the bike path down that way.

I would question this $500,000.00 figure that was thrown out there. We've never paid to dump the leaves. This would be the first year that money was budgeted for leaf disposal only because of the issues at the site. I believe that the amount set aside was $75,000.00.

But if they have found $500,000.00 I'm excited!
Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
larry flint
F L I N T O I D

this is a real good thing
i saw some plans this project is the kind of thing we need
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: