FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Rumbles about a new recall-Walling this time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling had been barely elected when I first heard about flyers in the downtown area predicting a recall movement to come. Then I heard about it in the 5th and the 7th wards. Now allegedly flyers are being distributed by an 8th ward resident stating a recall effort is eminent. They can't even statrt until February as a recall requires 6 months in office.
Haven't we had enough recall fever? After all his term is only 2 years. If people are unhappy they can just make it 2 yrs and out.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:18 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

you've GOT to be kidding. the dude hasn't been there long enough to screw up!!!!! what are the purported reasons???

jesus!!!!!!!! it's actions like this that make flint look like clown city!!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:29 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:

jesus!!!!!!!! it's actions like this that make flint look like clown city!!!

Why not, the head clown is sitting in City Hall. He better hope that is where he stays. I've got my ear to the ground and the rumblings are vibrating all the way up to the Mayor's office. I can't divulge what I've heard until I get more facts. But it seems that our mayor may have been involved in some campaign improprieties. Dayne, how do you look in orange? People looking to recall may not have to wait until February. As I stated in an earlier post on another thread, some whistleblowers may step forward and open a can or worms. The slimiest may be the mayor. How does campaign finance fraud sound? Oh and the candidate he was in with as thick as thieves? Three guesses and the first two don't count. All rumors at this time, but it seems to be very solid. And to think that at one point in time I supported him.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

aw shit. negativity seems to run this town....man oh man....

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:58 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

AHA an intrique is afoot!
Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Look at where Walling came from. He was an administrative aide in the Washington DC office of Mayor Anthony Williams. He self-describes himself as being close to the Mayor and working with no-profits and grants.
Walling left around the time Williams was being investigated by the FBI for Hatch Act violations including using his staff and illegal non-profits for political purposes. While Wallings name did not surface in reports, around thirty aides left and refused to speak to the FBI. Phony non-profits were created and administrative staff were officers in several.
The "Williamson Watch" was not unique as the "Williams Watch" was used in DC politics.
Now look at the recall committee that was created to recall Williamson after his re-election. The officers were Greg Eason, Alex Harris and his wife. They held fundraisers and other organizational events. The stated goal was always a recall of Mayor Williamson. By Michigan Campaign Law thy should have formed a PAC upon organization, or at least by the time they spent $500. The Committee formed a Michigan non-profit, the equivqlent of a 501(c)4 the day before they submitted the signitures.
Non-profits can be formed for political purposes, but when the enter into express advocacy, such as endorsing a candidate or a recall, they are to be taxed at the IRS designation as a 527 political organization would. A Michigan non-profit 501(c)4 is the designation of a social club or similar group. They can do lobbying on issues related to their specific purpose for organization. A recall does not constitute lobbying.
It is my understanding that both a Michigan Campaign Act complaint and an IRS complaint have been filed aginst the recall group.
When a PAC was created, it was created by Greg Eason. PACs formed at the county level must file three times a year unless there has been no activity. The last recall fundraiser occured after the signitures were turned in. Harris alleges that while the fundraiser was promoted under the name of his group, it was actually conducted by the PAC. Eason properly filed his annual statement for his PAC, however he has not filed the appropriate triannual report to reflect the fundraiser. He should have done so if Harris is correct.
Poplar was active in promoting the recall. Harris and Poplar both receive significant mayoral appointments after their work in the recall.
Steve Montle was Ananich's partner in Campaign Strategy GroupLLC which worked for Wlling in his first campaign against Williamson. Pam Jerald was thrown out of council after she challenged Ananich about his failure to disclose his company's relationship to Walling. This segment was conveniently lost and never aired on Channel 17. Kincid refused to allow Ananich's request to edit out another incident.
Now Montle has a position in the administration.
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn...you are an insider!!! Shocked

P.Y.
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:09 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

For once I agree with back again. I'm impressed. Who is untanglingwebs???
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:13 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

about a year or so ago, there was a person who always had news from the inside of city hall during the williamson run who mysteriously disappeared. i think web is the same kat. i could be wrong. Confused

P.Y.
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:20 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Webs is NOT a city hall insider, but is very knowledgeable about a lot of things.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Webs is NOT a city hall insider, but is very knowledgeable about a lot of things.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Thanks Dave. I forgot to mention Mayor Anthony Williams paid a $277,000 fine for forged and fraudulent petitions, so he had to run as a write-in for his second term.
Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:32 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

You guys are jokes and an embarresment to democracy. Walling has instituted plice reforms, began an actual Chevy in the Hole project, gotten closer to buick city redevelopment, made the city more business friendly, and cut his own pay to help the city's defecit. You all have no reason to recall the best mayor this city has ever had. You partisan, lonely hacks need to return to your pessimistic lives and stop hurting a city thats finally gotten a golden opportunity.
Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:27 am 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Plus, so these people have gotten positions. Have they done good things? Yes! Montle is one of the people leading the Chevy in the Hole idea for gods sake. And he is a good man if youd ever actually meet him on a personal level. Who cares how these people got appointed but the fact that they are doing good things is what matters. backagain you must be either entertained by a downfall of flint or are simply upset that people like you dont run this city anymore. We don't want your ideas, we dont want your purposeless "webs" that amount only to appointments, not corruption, and we dont want any of this continued negativity to steal this great city's best opportunity for a comeback that it has had in thirty years.
Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 am 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I think Walling deserves a chance on one hand, though I am still angry off about him giving a job to the ethically challenged Donna Poplar on , but Untanglingwebs, who I find to be a person who does a great job researching stuff brings up some information that is very disconcerting in regards to Wallings connections to the troubled D.C. city administration. I am not in favor of a recall effort ,yet, but I do think these revealtions should be a "slow" down sign to the people of Flint.
Why the hell do we seem to get the bottom of the barrell when it comes to people running for office? And the people of the 5th ward just placed a man already is laboring under serious dark clouds into office while rejecting a woman who has no dirty laundry to be found , in fact a woman who has done considerable work while Lawler has done nothing even to compare with her efforts. Davenport , I think shot himself in the foot (figuratively speaking) when he made his comments about Jackie Poplar , so it is understandable why she won to some degree.
I am going to see what unfolds with Dayne Walling before I jump on any wagon for recall efforts. But what Webs has brought to our attention can not be dismissed. Once again Webs, kudos to you for this information. I wish you would unmask your self before the next election , I would vote for you.

Post Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:46 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: