FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: What's a man hole cover go for these day?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

After reading about people stealing man hole covers and selling them to scrap yards I'm curious, "What does a man hole cover go for?" How utterly stupid for someone to do this and, why would a scrap yard accept one knowing where it came from.
Lots of stupid people in Flint.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:59 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Not sure, but if other metals are any indication, I am sure its a lot of money!! $$$$$

I have seen 2 missing in my neighborhood in the last 3 weeks!
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Wow, here is th ridiculous thing. It should be easy to find these guys! If they are turning them in for Scrap. The police should find it just as easy to find the suspect as it was for the Aluminum siding theives. Someone sold it to the scrapyard and they are probably on video doing it.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
pissed off ma ma bear

Hey, missing man hole covers,,,,well I guess that is one way to get rid of the Street Walkers eh?
Post Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:03 am 
Jeni

now, my boyfriend does alot of scrapping...old motors and junk parts around the yard, the thing with scrap yard is that they don't check whats going in their yard. you pull your truck or trailer on the scales, weigh in, dump, and weigh out.. metal is up to something like $100 a ton, copper and aluminum alot more. but alot of scrap yards are breaking on on aluminum siding, in order to bring it in you have to have a permit from the city... and for copper, i just read about a couple (in a diffrent city) that got caught steeling copper piping from a building, and was arested... the city needs to do something about the empty houses in flint that people keep steeling from. i was trying to buy a house for $15000 on the eastside, guess what was missing????
Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:51 am 
pissed off ma ma bear

ok ok,,,, I just thought of something, actually very intelligent,,,,I always thought a Man Hole cover was a another man,,,, a Gay Man that is,,,,laughing,,,,,
Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:57 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pissed off ma ma bear schreef:
ok ok,,,, I just thought of something, actually very intelligent,,,,I always thought a Man Hole cover was a another man,,,, a Gay Man that is,,,,laughing,,,,,

i think street racers would be especially concerned with missing man holes...talk about a ruined suspension, tranny and engine etc etc....

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 pm 
Al Garcia

What a sad, pathetic statement about the conditions of Flint and other once thriving communities.
People have actually decided to steal copper, siding and now man hole covers.
For what? To provide food and shelter for their poor hungry children? To help granny pay for those medications that she just cant afford without insurance? To help pay for those christmas gifts for your children you might not be able to get otherwise?
These "Robin Hood" approaches I might be able to somewhat understand.
Anyone in their right mind really knows the reason why.
What a sad reflection of society in Flint.
Where do you think those losers get their "40" money and enough cash to go place dice somewhere on MLK?
How 'bout the mexican kids on the eastside buying their quarter once and partying over at Julios on Lewis Street?
Anyone working 9 to 5?? Don't think so.
How 'bout those "own my own Mr. Fix It business with the peel and stick lettering on my truck" guys. When they're not out there scamming the eldery couple across the street, they're out at some titty bar on Dort Highway spending their "hard earned money."
I guess on the scale of illegal things that go on in Flint, I would say that this has to be a low priority in the eyes of city officals. Thank God Dandy Don wears that patriotic hard hat. You wouldnt want him driving that Patsy Lou Buick into an uncovered man hole. It might actually knock some sense into the old man!
Come on Adam, Dale, Ryan and Dayne. Tell us about your plan for this problem in Flint. Who's gonna be the first to remove those rose colored glasses.
Man, reality sucks, doesnt it?
Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:11 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: