FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling vs the unions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ijust spoke to some City Hall union employees and their morale is bottom outed. Walling tried to eliminate their elected union officials. Donna Poplar had to be told to read her union contracts.
Some labor contraacts will expire next June and Walling can't make his cuts until at then. Rumors are floating he will try to get a 20% pay cut trom the unions then. For families barely making it financially this is monumental.
Other gripes:
McCabe is being paid a high salary but another employee has the same duties and the same pay. McCabe was purchasing director when he retired from the city, so what does he know about DPW. Also Kay Muhammed received a new raise for her Superintendent job, whatever that is. Kay should be running the place as she is that good.
The city is advertising for a new City Engineer and a City Planner, both at salaries above 50 K. Benefits for the city run close to 90%. This blows Freeman's efforts to save $ for police officers with savings from the Ombudsmans office.
Tracy Atkinson is a superintendent in a division for which she has no experience or education. What else is new with Walling?
Some union members wonder why Walling needs Dawn Jones, as they feel her position is a waste of money. Obviously Walling needed some help getting tweets on Twitter. It seems all he does is try to get face time on tv.
The journal will never tell the truth because they are afraid someone will make them honor their agreement regarding their tax abatements. Dawn came from tv 12.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:44 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's a rumor floating around that Genesee Valley may drop their advertising in the Journal because of the coverasge of the rap concert riot.

City Engineer? I didn't know Flint owned a railroad! Very Happy

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

the thinking of the journal has always been extremely biased. it's no secret in many communities it's referred to as the Urinal. i've always found it interesting and thought provoking the way they continue quoting witnesses word for word, bad english and all, and the fact they always find that one person in the crowd who barely speaks the english language.. that always told me quite a lot about the "editor".

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
extremely biased.
Biased to the left I presume you mean?

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:46 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
City Engineer? I didn't know Flint owned a railroad! Very Happy

Dave,

I don't think Walling needs and engineer, he seems to be doing a pretty good job of running Flint into the ground!
Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:07 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Ijust spoke to some City Hall union employees and their morale is bottom outed. Walling tried to eliminate their elected union officials. Donna Poplar had to be told to read her union contracts.
Some labor contraacts will expire next June and Walling can't make his cuts until at then. Rumors are floating he will try to get a 20% pay cut trom the unions then. For families barely making it financially this is monumental.
Other gripes:
McCabe is being paid a high salary but another employee has the same duties and the same pay. McCabe was purchasing director when he retired from the city, so what does he know about DPW. Also Kay Muhammed received a new raise for her Superintendent job, whatever that is. Kay should be running the place as she is that good.
The city is advertising for a new City Engineer and a City Planner, both at salaries above 50 K. Benefits for the city run close to 90%. This blows Freeman's efforts to save $ for police officers with savings from the Ombudsmans office.
Tracy Atkinson is a superintendent in a division for which she has no experience or education. What else is new with Walling?
Some union members wonder why Walling needs Dawn Jones, as they feel her position is a waste of money. Obviously Walling needed some help getting tweets on Twitter. It seems all he does is try to get face time on tv.
The journal will never tell the truth because they are afraid someone will make them honor their agreement regarding their tax abatements. Dawn came from tv 12.

I am still with him, he will get the benefit of the doubt, its still early in his administration...but one thought comes to mind...

It's like deja-vu, all over again.
Yogi Berra

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Hey Untanglingwebs where were you and concernedcitizen during Don Willamson's tenure as Mayor?
Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:12 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Hey Untanglingwebs where were you and concernedcitizen during Don Willamson's tenure as Mayor?

On the city payroll???
Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

No seriously... I mean where were they? Our city was lied to about a surplus, many questionable appointments, illegal activities, look I could go on and on for hours posting, but you all know, straight from costing our city over a 100k for detaining a FJ employee up until having an interim police chief for several years and appointing a father to supervise a son( Richard Dicks) and the son being investigate by the Feds... I mean Untanglingwebs, I want some info on that, could you help me with it please????

BTW what's your name? who are you? My name is Dylan Michael Luna and I am seventeen year-old student at the International Academy of Flint, what's your name?
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:04 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

17???? damn your a smart kid.... Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:36 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pachuco- "con safos". I am not so stupid as to fall in to your trap.
If you think I would trust anyone who call himself a "Pachuco" you must be nuts!
You are too young to be a zoot-suiter so you must be a street gang member. You probably live on E. Belvidere-straight up gang territory. Also in the vicinity of your alleged school.
How dare you think I am so stupid as to give you my name so you can try to put a bullet in my head.
I have dealt with your kind and in your neighborhood before.

Back Again- Don't be so naive. This is like the police using web sites to get predators. Only now the gang bangers have computers too.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:25 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Pachuco schreef:

On the city payroll???

I think you hit the nail on the head Adam. Probably video taping City Council meetings.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Nope.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:14 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco- "con safos". I am not so stupid as to fall in to your trap.
If you think I would trust anyone who call himself a "Pachuco" you must be nuts!
You are too young to be a zoot-suiter so you must be a street gang member. You probably live on E. Belvidere-straight up gang territory. Also in the vicinity of your alleged school.
How dare you think I am so stupid as to give you my name so you can try to put a bullet in my head.
I have dealt with your kind and in your neighborhood before.

Excuse me????? First, it's a screen name chill out.... It's just a named my friends called me in elementary school because I dressed nice... Second, you just sounded very ridiculous in that entire post and that whole little tirade of yours just made you seem more of an ignorant and irrational person that post after post you prove yourself to be. Third, my kind, what does that mean my kind???? Oh you mean the kind who helps his mother raise five kids? You mean the kind who is a part of student government, National Honor Society, sits on his Church Parish Council, and several other organizations? Or maybe you mean the kind who holds a tutor position at his school and a job at Kroger? Shoot... You know, maybe the kind of gang member who is sent to Professional Development Sessions/Camps in Minneapolis, MN, Traverse City, MI, and Cairo, Egypt. Wait, no you mean the kind who has been accepted to seven universities, with a $9,500 scholarship to the University of Detroit Mercy. I got it!!! The kind who got accepted to James Madison College at MSU, the same college that our villain of a Mayor ( a role mode of mines by the way) attended lol…. Hey, I think you may mean the kind who volunteers his time for hours helping serve the poor at his school on Thanksgiving or helps the Salvation Army raise money at the mall for the less fortunate this holiday season....

Please, I may be seventeen, but I have been involved in politics and the Flint community my entire— because I love both of them. I've interned at city hall; worked in the Mayor's office in the summer, helping clean neighborhoods and parks( Through a C.S. Mott Foundation grant); and I've met and maintained a relationship with many of this region's local, county, and state political and community leaders.

Hey look, you don't have to give me your name, but you didn't answer my initial question, where were you during the Don Williamson administration???/ Where was your outrage? Your vigilance??? Your deep concerns and investigations?

One more final thing, I live a block from my school, so E. Belvidere is wrong there champ Surprised

Last edited by Pachuco on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A Pachuco is slang for a hispanic street gang member and is used in Flint
gangs. International Academy is located in a gang neighborhood, one notorious for it's battle between the Cobras and the Madison Avenue Crips. Even if you live one block from the school, you are still in a gang neighborhood.
While working with someone in the prosecutor's office I had my life threatened in that area.
Where were you during the Williamson term of office? You signed up as a member in July of 2005 and until now you have only commented 44 times. I only signed up in October 2009.
I only have your word that you have such a sterling character. People can and do lie on line. You obviously want to confront me for reasons of your own. You indicate it is because you idolize Walling.
I search for and try to provide verification for anything I comment on. This is not a social club .
Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: