FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sign ordinance violations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Every month, the Metawaneenee Hills Neighborhood Association posts signs for their monthly meeting. They are posted in the median along Welch blvd., and on some streets in their area between the curb and sidewalk.

Ordinance 50-142.7h1 prohibits this placement.
(1) Location. No person shall, by himself or herself or by another, attach any signs except such as may be expressly authorized by law on any street or sidewalk, or upon any public place or object in the city, or on any fence, building, or property belonging to the city, or upon any street, telegraph pole, electric light pole, or tower or any other utility pole, in or on any public tree, street or alley in the city. This section shall not prohibit the city from developing and leasing or licensing public property to a private person for advertising purposes.

Also -

(3) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to install any signs or notice of any kind upon any property, private or public, or cause or authorize the same to be done unless such person, firm or corporation shall affix thereto on either lower corner a notice in letters not less than one-quarter inch high, stating the name and address of the person, firm or corporation, engage in or employed to do the physical installation of such signs.

These signs do not have the required information as required.

Since the above named association has a lot of political coinnections, are they exempt from the ordinances?

brought to you as a public service announcement by the 5th ward mafia.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mott Park also posts their signs on public property
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:03 pm 
Gooch
F L I N T O I D

I belong to the so called neighborhood association. I was kept in the dark for so long about it. They pick and choose when to invite the entire nieghborhood and when to just have a few people show up. They are misrepresenting us. They have many members who don't even live here but own property here. I have asked many times to skip the signs and go for a more personal touch of going door to door and actually talk to people but was waved aside for that. I am talked down to often. I have no say in this great plan they have been working on. I feel grant money has been obtained for other uses then intended.

I really thought I was getting involved in something to help the 5th ward. I now feel violated, misinformed, and very misrepresented. When they wanted to shut down a bike club with drugdealers next to where everyone was going to come vote, they had to make sure people came out to vote, they had signs everywhere with atleast 50 people attending (which I had no idea was against the Ordinances). But lastnight when they were revealing this master plan for "helping" our area only 2 signs were posted the same night as the meeting, only 8 nieghbors attended.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:14 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

if i was you guys i'd tag their asses to a wall. i hate it when someone attempts to change my neighborhood without at least allowing the public to be informed. go 5th. Ward Mafia!!!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Gooch, you're more than welcome to join the 5th ward mafia, with the rest of us "little people".

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Do we have any ordinances against assasinations with Ak-47's? If so I hear that is not being enforced either. I guess at times it may get "boring" for residents in certain areas of the city when there is a lull in the gunfire but I think maybe we should spend some time addressing our sky high murder rate because when we get weapons like high powered ak-47s when the bullets miss their targets in the north end they could end up falling in the key downtown area.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

and awayyyyyyy we gooooo! Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:25 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Whoops. I meant let's focus on our sign ordinances instead of worrying about those annoying shhotings in the north end. Is that sarcasm easier for you to comprehend Mr bs err ba?
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:38 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

adam, your just a young version of the same old types i've known all my life. i am quite capable of comprehending honest dialog. Cool

P.Y.
Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:53 pm 
Gooch
F L I N T O I D

The signs are petty. But it snow balls from there. What else do they disreguard if they don't care about the little things.

Last night at our meeting we had Raynetta Speed from the landbank there for about 5 minutes. She came long enough to get lots of praise from the co-chair of MNHA and tell us all about how they got tons of grant money and used it in southern Genesee County. She almost choked on the words realizing she was telling us they used money they could have used here to clean up all the over grown lots where the drug dealers and addicts and hoes hide here on the south end instead where there is little to no blight and crime compared to here. Yet the land bank owns most of the blight over here. Yea weed and seed task force, keep up the great work in abandoning us!!!!!!

Go MNHA use all the grant writing you can for all your partners to hardly spend a dime over here and keep the guns blazing!!!!! Atleast Hurely has job security from all the gun shot wounds from people who will never pay thier bills.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
adam, your just a young version of the same old types i've known all my life. i am quite capable of comprehending honest dialog. Cool

Than quit playing games old man. Wink Can't you go play some damn bingo or something? Cool
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:45 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Gooch schreef:
The signs are petty. But it snow balls from there. What else do they disreguard if they don't care about the little things.

What else can we disregard? I suppose we could just not respond to any 911 calls even murdrrs but then the Flint tax slaves would start to wonder why they pay milages for absolutely nothing and not just pay for "community policing" without community policing.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Adam- Gooch and the others are right. When society starts ignoring the small violations they soon ignore the larger ones. Flint in the past ceased code enforcement and enforcement of other quality of life issues. This has an impact on businesses deciding whether or not to stay in Flint or relocate in Flint.

You are ignoring the fact that the suburbs did not want just anyone moving into their communities. Burton and other communities have long fought low to moderate income housing in their communities. Burton did have their "trailer park trash". Burton for many years had some of the vilest and most racist grafitti in the county. Sometimes the issue was social class over race, but it had the same effect.

Flint has mismanaged their tax zones that were to promote jobs. The Renaissance Zone and the Enterprise Zone never produced the desired effect and were heavily politicized. Enemies or adversaries of the administration at the time had the zones bypass their businesses, sometimes in a serpentine fashion that emphasized what was happening.

Groups were put in control of federal and state funding that blatantly and sometimes frauduletly mismanaged those funds. Enterprise funds were used as a slush fund and the city may, years later, have to pay the piper in rgards to the manner in which they were used.

I don't believe you are a bad person Adam, I just believe you need to educate yourself more on what has happened in Flint over the last 17 or more years. Read the link on the OIG report that detailed the issues of government money mismanagement in Flint. Money that was given to promote jobs and lift people out of poverty went into the pockets of the greedy.
Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:37 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
Do we have any ordinances against assasinations with Ak-47's? If so I hear that is not being enforced either. I guess at times it may get "boring" for residents in certain areas of the city when there is a lull in the gunfire but I think maybe we should spend some time addressing our sky high murder rate because when we get weapons like high powered ak-47s when the bullets miss their targets in the north end they could end up falling in the key downtown area.

I know of a lady in my area that called 911 about shots fired on her street. 911 asked her: "What do you want us to do about it?" This same lady was at a meeting with Chief Lock present, & begged him to do something about the shots fired & blatant drug dealing on her block. He told her that his statistics showed that she liven in one of the safest areas in the city! Basically, he called her a liar.

AK's are ok for urban use, I guess, but they're really not all that accurate. They're basically a bullet hose. "Spray & pray"

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Adam- Gooch and the others are right. When society starts ignoring the small violations they soon ignore the larger ones. Flint in the past ceased code enforcement and enforcement of other quality of life issues. This has an impact on businesses deciding whether or not to stay in Flint or relocate in Flint.

You are ignoring the fact that the suburbs did not want just anyone moving into their communities. Burton and other communities have long fought low to moderate income housing in their communities. Burton did have their "trailer park trash". Burton for many years had some of the vilest and most racist grafitti in the county. Sometimes the issue was social class over race, but it had the same effect.

Flint has mismanaged their tax zones that were to promote jobs. The Renaissance Zone and the Enterprise Zone never produced the desired effect and were heavily politicized. Enemies or adversaries of the administration at the time had the zones bypass their businesses, sometimes in a serpentine fashion that emphasized what was happening.

Groups were put in control of federal and state funding that blatantly and sometimes frauduletly mismanaged those funds. Enterprise funds were used as a slush fund and the city may, years later, have to pay the piper in rgards to the manner in which they were used.

I don't believe you are a bad person Adam, I just believe you need to educate yourself more on what has happened in Flint over the last 17 or more years. Read the link on the OIG report that detailed the issues of government money mismanagement in Flint. Money that was given to promote jobs and lift people out of poverty went into the pockets of the greedy.

I've studied Giuliani and am well aware of the broken windows theory. I don't see garage sale signs and neighborhood meetings signs as encouraging gang land style assasinations but perhaps you can expound on that one. Do our gang bangers even know about our precious sign ordinances?

What are you saying that Flint should engage in more class warefare like the suburbs have done? I think even with our poor "undesreables we could still be doing more to effectively combat our crime problem.

Flint tax zones do suck horribly. I live in one of the underpivelaged areas of the city that is not as important as the "Renaissance zone". We have other areas of this city that need jobs. Personally I think we should give areas like the north end East side and rest of the city better opportunities and not just the key "Renaissance areas".

I'm not really pro-government in case you haven't noticed. Flint leaders have done a great job of getting paid while "pimping the poor" and did a great job of directing the funds into their pockets and their freinds and allies pockets.

I don't believe you're an ignorant person either. I think you should study free market principles and how government really works a little more so you can be more realistic of what a billion or so of government subsidies towards poor leadership can really do for Flint.

Post Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: