FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint community police to do double duty?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mayor Walling tells FACT (Flint Area Churches Together) before he tells the rest of the community the team for the task force is in place. They are bragging they are the newest power base in Flint and are more powerful than the Concerned Pastors. This should be fun to watch.

Disturbingly word is these six officers are community officers expected to do double duty and will only be in the task force when needed. I hope they keep excellent track of spending the federal dollars!
Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Do NOT look behind the curtain.
Repeat, do NOT look behind the curtain.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

In some cases, possibly triple duty. I understand that officer Carpenter has to leave Haskell every afternoon to provide security at a school when it's letting out.

Everything seems to be smoke & mirrors these days.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Obviously we will not rehire the six police!

What is this I hear about Sarginson and his ward being dissed by Walling?
Williamson tactics with a new face? If you don't support the councilman, you don't provide services.

Could this be about the 8th ward resident asking for a recall?

Walling did the same thing to Kerry Nelson and may have cotributed to his loss. Staff was chastised for helping Nelson.
Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Also, The block club that was meeting there may have to go somewhere else as Haskell only has heat on one side, not on the mini stations side either. This doesn't bode well for mini stations in each ward as we can't seem to afford the ones we have.
Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

There were no new officers re-hired. They just moved numbers around on paper. The city just recently told the officers union that they will not honor the recall rights of the currently laid off officers. Sounds like they have no intention of bringing anyone back.
Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:45 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What the heck does the administration have against the police department????????? Public safety MUST be the city's number 1 priority. if the people aren't safe, everything else is a waste of time, effort & money.

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Dave, It seems that every administration has it out for the police department. You are absolutely right, every project they consider will fail without public safety. The problem is that the majority of the police budget comes out of the General Fund. As a result it is real easy to cut the police to reduce general fund spending. There are two priorities that must be addressed if this City is going to rebound from the depression/recession that we are in. Public safety is first, but we must also work on improving the public school system. No young families are going to want to move here if there is not a viable school system in place to educate their children. We have a lot of work to do.
Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:21 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

It appears that many citizens as well hate the Poolize and would prefer they dont even come around.

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Some years back, a GM manager told me that they would not do anything in Flint because they couldn't get workers that had the basic education required for modern manufacturing methods. There a lot more to manufacturing cars than sticking bolts into holes.

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:34 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
What is this I hear about Sarginson and his ward being dissed by Walling? [snip] Could this be about the 8th ward resident asking for a recall?
Please do tell. This 8th ward resident hasn't heard. At Walling's November meeting at Zimmerman Center he was shocked to see the rull room turnout of citizens. This ward had larger turnout than other wards. Problem was, they used a full hour to have everyone present introduce themselves and make a statement about what they were "thankful for" instead of getting down to business. I was there for an hour meeting and had to leave as they were separating into groups to discuss and fill out the forms the administration wanted.

We canceled our regular monthly community watch meeting in lieu of this one.
Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:45 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Mayor Walling tells FACT (Flint Area Churches Together) before he tells the rest of the community the team for the task force is in place. They are bragging they are the newest power base in Flint and are more powerful than the Concerned Pastors. This should be fun to watch.

Disturbingly word is these six officers are community officers expected to do double duty and will only be in the task force when needed. I hope they keep excellent track of spending the federal dollars!

I have not heard of this group. Did you mean
http://www.flintfact.org/news/blightelimination.html
Flint Area Congregations Together.

another article at
http://blog.mlive.com/k-12-corner/2009/06/flint_area_congregations_toget_1.html

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:22 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

this religious-political thing has always intrigued me.

always gave me an uneasy feeling. Shocked Cool Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

sorry Terry Congregations not churches- yes the group Walling signed a covenant with

What happened to the separation of church and state
Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: