FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: GoodBye Mr. Greg Eason, Hello Scott Kincaid
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Greg Eason's tenure at Flint City Hall is all but over, he has strained relationships with department heads, staff and even with Mayor Dayne Walling. Plans are in the works to remove Eason as early as the end of the month. Who would replace Mr. Eason? None other than Scott "I like my scotch on the rocks" Kincaid.
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

This seems to fit. Laughing

Link

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Being on his 5th secretary may have been a hint.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave- I told you rumors were bizarre.

Remember when Buchanan jumped ship and became city administrator. OK he was a bad choice, all talk and no action, afraid to sign on the dotted line because he lost everything.

Peggy Cook was exceptionally good at working with Major Grants to resolve problems there and kept the ship afloat. She was capable of working with the Dept. Heads and was no nonsense. Mayor kept changing her responsibilities when Darryl got jealous.

But everyone complained because she didn't have the college degree. Scott has 20+ years of council experience and even more union experience. The hard thing to predict is how the public will perceive the apppointment. Reading M-Live I get the opinion many people don't like Scott.

David Reddy as City Administrator was a lawyer too and Makokha ran Governmental Affairs. Makokha was well liked when he worked in the county, but he ran afoul in the ethics dept. and got prison time.

Darnell Earley turned out to be all right and he had the credentials. But he had the crazy useless budget director.

In all of the appointments, the important thing is the Mayor. Will he allow the administrator to function?

IF WALLING GETS RECALLED, KINCAID WILL BE ACTING MAYOR!
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

he is on his 5th or maybe 6th I believe.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Being on his 5th secretary may have been a hint.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

He has been known to tell staff to keep projects a secret only to go to a public meeting and tell all.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

holy bejesus!!!!!!!!!

it's crazy down there...

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Possibly to get crazier yet in the near future. Got lots of popcorn handy?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

aw man...tamales here..............

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

tamales can be good.
Post Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

being from michigan i guess i've been spoiled. they seem like a thick corn flour sandwich to me. just a trace of meat. uess i'm suffering from lack of a real michigan coney..

P.Y.
Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:06 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Poor Greg!
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:34 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No not "Greg". Per the "grape vine it is poor city hall employees who have to deal with his tyrannical behavior.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Hey everyone seems like the hornets nest was ruffled up today. Folks at city hall read Flint Talk and are trying to get to the bottom of who i am. Too much of the citys problems are getting aired on here.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Good. It's time some of the nefarious activities were made public.

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: