FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A new Dem candidate for Governor?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I heard on WWJ - 950am, Detroit - that the dems are sending feelers out to Joe Dumars about running for Governor. According to the report, he has enough money to self-fund his campaign, which is a strong point for the dems.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I hears the same show. However, politicians in town who know Dumars don't believe he will run.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

For the dems, I like Andy Dillon and for the republicans, I like Mike Cox. I could probably vote for either of them but Dillon will have grief with the teachers unions.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:41 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

I like Virg Bernero. I heard him speak earlier this year in Lansing at a caimpaign rally, and have seen him on tv, and followed him in the news when I can, he seems like he really cares about and fights for the little guy. It's just that he isn't well known around the state...
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Not another Democrat! Not another Republican, we need people outside of the box, and if Pachuo likes Virg Bernero you can bet he is some wack job.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:10 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Looked up Virg on the internet. He is mayor of Lansing, and connected to Granholm. Not good. We got what, almost 8 million people here in Michgian? We can't find anyone better that him or Bouchard (sp?) ? If we can't find better people, this state is a goner!
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i really hope this dumars thing isn't some simple move thinking "black candidates are hot this year" like i considered the michael steele debacle. that to me was a clown move anyone could see. i want to hear what dumars will do to vastly improve michigans economy and he better have some damn good ideas!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

regarding virg benero, i cannot rule him out simply because of guilt by association and i don't believe anyone (well maybe a few) will.

don't know anything about andy dillon but my ears are open.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And of course ditto can be said for the current POTUS.

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:41 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

dude, being black had nothing to do with electing the current president. having a fresh new outlook of what america could be did. if an orange person would have said the same thing, they'd have gotten my vote. you do see the differences in circumstances don't you? i remember what america used to be and it had fallen in so many areas it was disgusting, embarrassing and unbearable. it was time for change and america figured the same.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

America was discusting,embarrassing and unbearable, well maybe to the looney libz, but nothing new there hell its always been that way with that bunch. By the way just what was or is that fresh new outlook you are referring to and is it here yet?? And that Obama being black had nothing to do with it comment is redicullious. The main stream media ran cover for his ass more than any candidate in history and anyone who questioned THE ONES credentials was deemed RACIST. Hell they still are. Do you think an unknown white junior senator from Ill with no record of anything other than voting present and a stint with a corrupt outfit like ACORN would have got the backing of Oprah?? Laughing

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: