FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Caron Wilson withdrawls from DDA Race.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Victory to the small business owners and citizens of Flint. Caron Wilson has withdrew her name from being Flint's next top DDA director. Since she withdrew her name, Larry Ford now can become our full time, council approved DDA director.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

whoa!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

What?
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

to me it says quite a lot about the power war in city hall!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Now can we get Walling to follow the charter and prioritize the police department over things like green jobs coordinator and propoganda minister?

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

My sources tell me this is true and that Larry Ford is the sole person left out of the two names the DDA board gave to the mayor. Now Larry will be confirmed as the CEO of the DDA.
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Adam for once you make sense and I agree with you. I agree Walling loves to talk, but does little walk.

quote:
Adam schreef:
Now can we get Walling to follow the charter and prioritize the police department over things like green jobs coordinator and propoganda minister?
Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Adam for once you make sense and I agree with you. I agree Walling loves to talk, but does little walk.

Perhaps I should try and keep things on such a simple elementary level. Wink
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Watched Walling during council meetings and he doesn't like to lose. Watch out for some retaliatory measure! He can be as nasty as they come.

Remember his nasty diatribe after he lost to Williamson. Then he just backdoored by being part of the recall.
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:35 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Remember his nasty diatribe after he lost to Williamson. Then he just backdoored by being part of the recall.

How did he help the recall?
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:50 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I said he backdoored it. Many of his supporters were involved. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty.

Remember when ACORN made their first rallies against the police department against violence? In all of the news clips Walling could be seen standing in the background.

And in the physical assault on city hall some the recall organizers were prominent with the ACORN protesters.

By the way with our increased rise in violence the absence of ACORN is most notable.
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Adam posted this earlier:

Caron Wilson declines Flint Downtown Development Authority nomination; cites 'smear campaign,' 'sexism' in resignation letter

FLINT, Michigan -- Kettering University employee Caron Wilson has removed her name from consideration for the Downtown Development Authority's director position, leaving Larry Ford as the lone remaining candidate.

Wilson, who was nominated by Mayor Dayne Walling, said the political firestorm over the appointment has led to a "smear campaign" against her. She said she was the target of chauvinism and sexism.

"Never did I imagine (the nomination) would come with this brutal character assassination or that my family and children would be subjected or have to endure such vicious unfounded statements, rumors and lies," Wilson wrote in her resignation letter. "I am not running for political office. I was simply nominated for an administrative position.

"Therefore, I am looking forward to continuing with much enthusiasm my work and remain committed and dedicated to Kettering University."

The Flint City Council was scheduled to vote on Wilson's nomination at tonight's regular council meeting.

Walling and his director of communications could not immediately be reached for comment.

Wilson and Ford's names had been submitted to the mayor by the DDA board for consideration.

Walling nominated Wilson, despite a strong recommendation from the board for Ford. The decision sparked debate among city leaders regarding both candidates' qualifications.

Welcome to Politics 101 Caron. How did you think you could be a political appointee and not be subjected to public scrutiny and criticism?

Remember Wallings comment to Larry Ford"It's just politics".

When you enter the political realm you will always be subjected to intense scrutiny and innuendo.Blame your Kettering friends and Uptown friends for thinking they would just "bogart" you into position. Like the old saying "if you cn't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen", you obviously couldn't take the heat. Remember the only sex in politics is the "blue dress".
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

People at City Hall are all pissed off today, this whole thing has shown the public that Walling is WEAK. He cost him political capital and a loss. Rumor has it he will be removing Larry and putting in a "interim" leader soon.
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Would that require council approval?

"Interim" appointments; where have I heard that before? He couldn't be borrowing ideas from the "evil Don", could he???

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

told you he would retaliate. He is beginning to make "evil Don" look like a novice. Watch him in public when challenged as he has a real mean streak.
Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: