FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Good Job!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

I know I said I'm leaving guys, but I couldn't resist this one. But yeah, it took how many days for George Bush to respond and organize an effort during Katrina? and it took how many hours for President Obama to respond to the Haiti crisis? Good job Mr. President!

I am so proud of him, as well as my father, whose ship has been deployed to assist the Haitian people! Now partisianship aside, we could all do a little bit to help out these people, whether buy donating $ or sending some water to an organization to help out.
Post Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:03 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Uh, the aid hasn't gotten to the people yet.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/centralamericaandthecaribbean/haiti/6992274/Haiti-earthquake-corpses-used-as-roadblocks-as-anger-grows.html

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link

Link
Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:06 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup good old haiti, of course its all Bushs fault. Rolling Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OvnvuQcRA&feature=player_embedded

Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

uhhh, 2tap no it's not bushes fault. their problems started when they defeated the french. theres a very long history. Cool Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I know that, you know that but Ill bet their are some libs out there blaming Bush I mean cmon thats what they do. Very Happy

Post Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

How about Pat Robertson blaming the devil and voo doo for the quake?
Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:30 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don't forget Danny Glover blaming global warming for the earthquake.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And of course the farce known as man made global warming was caused by who?? Bush and the repubs naturally thus the earthquake is all on them. See how easy it is to become a libtard. Danny glover should come straighten out Flints mess. Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:48 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

pat robertson has become more and more rediculous the older he gets.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:15 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes those revs get a bit whacky, like this dude, hmmm lets see who sat in his church for 20 years???

Link

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Twotap I got some really shocking news. Not everything America does is good. In addition if s*** does hit the fan it might start to feel like we are living in God damned America.

52 million dead in USSA
U.S. Genocide in Iraq
Dictators Supported by the U.S. Government
U.S. used it's citizens as lab rats
U.S. supported Osama bin Ladin

Link

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:51 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Food security collapses in Haiti as machete-wielding gangs fight in the streets

Haiti isn't so different from wherever you live -- a city in America, Canada, Australia, the UK or anywhere else. Everywhere in the world, people will fight for survival when the situation becomes desperate. The only reason the streets in your town aren't overrun with firearms and machetes right now is because food is plentiful. The electricity works. The water supply is functioning and police keep the relatively few criminals under control.

But wherever you live, your city is just one natural disaster away from total chaos. Hurricane Katrina proved it: Even in America, a civil, law-abiding city of people can be turned into looting, stealing and dangerously armed bands of gang-bangers.

And you know why? Because people aren't prepared for disasters. Come to think of it, most people aren't even prepared for a disruption in food and electricity lasting more than 48 hours. Almost nobody has spare food, water, emergency first aid supplies or the ability to physically defend themselves against aggressors. They are betting their lives on the bizarre idea that their government will save them if something goes wrong.

The people of Haiti are now learning what the people of New Orleans already know: Your government won't save you. In a real crisis, you are on your own.

Law and order is a fragile thing
When disruptions occur -- whether through natural disasters, radical weather events, war or civil unrest -- governments and city police organizations can break down within hours. In Haiti right now, there is no government running anything. No police force. No authority. It's every man (and woman) for himself. If you want to eat, you pick up a machete and fight for it.

It is a desperate situation.

This article isn't really about Haiti, by the way. It's about YOU and where YOU live. If a natural disaster struck your town tonight, would you be prepared?

Do you have the means to procure clean water if the water system breaks down? Do you have a way to provide shelter for yourself and your family if there's no electricity or heating fuel available? Can you physical defend yourself and your family against aggressive marauders desperately searching for food? (Or do you have enough to share with them? If so, how will you share with the hundreds or thousands that follow in their footsteps?)

Most people aren't prepared for the unknown. They live lives that are entirely dependent on the continued successful operation of public infrastructure, law and order. And if that infrastructure is ever interrupted, they are completely unable to fend for themselves.

Most people live out most of their lives in precisely this situation. Every American city is a future Haiti just waiting to happen under the right (or wrong) circumstances. Civility is a fragile thing. Law and order is a thin veneer on society. And it can disappear in mere minutes.

Be prepared
This article, though, isn't a doom-and-gloom assessment of our modern society. Rather, it is a reminder to all of us to get real about personal preparedness.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Twotap I got some really shocking news. Not everything America does is good.

No shit Rolling Eyes now are you sticking up for Wright, Obama, or perhaps Robertson.

quote:
Do you have the means to procure clean water if the water system breaks down? Do you have a way to provide shelter for yourself and your family if there's no electricity or heating fuel available? Can you physical defend yourself and your family against aggressive marauders desperately searching for food?

Yes to all the above. How about you???

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Wright and Robertson. Robertson did also state that he had a problem with American genocide which I do agree with. Wright did point out some things we have done wrong. I'm not sticking up for Obama at all though. It's debateable if he ever even paid attention in church and may have just used Wright to get elected to the Senate.

So can I come over when shtf? I may or may not be prepared. I do have some "ties" who may help me out though. I think we would probably be ok with getting drinking water her in Genesee county as long as the people with well water had generators and gasoline to power them. I think our main threat is economic collapse.
Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:59 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: