FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint City Budget quandry

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Let's continue the budget discussion in its own thread. Posts about budget started in Terry's blog:

http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=52264#52264
Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:03 pm

through

http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=52326#52326
Sun Jan 31,2010 11:03 pm

and

Josh Freeman's response to Dave Starr's request:
http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=52286#52286
Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm

quote:
Shoot me an email (jfreeman@cityofflint.com) and I will send you a copy of the budget to actual that we were provided as of 12-31-09.

Below is a list of the Major Funds and what they include.

101 - General Fund - Police/Fire/911/Administration/City Council/District Court/Human Relations/City Clerk

202 - Major Street Fund

203 - Local Street Fund

207 - Neighborhood Police

208 - Parks & Rec Fund

213 - Senior Milage

542 - Building Dept

226 - Garbage Fund

402 - Public Improvement

591 - Water Fund

590 - Sewer Fund
Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Scanning over the document, I found the listings for the community centers. Interestingly, Haskell was not listed. At the time the budget was set, it wasn't in the plans, but Walling made the big announcement that it was open, and a ministation. So, where's the money to operate it coming from? I know it's open; I see the PAL van and some cars there every day.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The city also needs to be very careful with the grant money for the south side task force. There are very specific requirements attached to the money, & if not followed, the city will have to repay it. So far, it doesn't appear that the requirements are being adhered to.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I see the Mayor's hard at work on the budget deficit. From his twit site....
# At the Senior Winter Games of Genesee County, kickoff at Pierce center, joining into the pie eating contest, chocolate cream about 2 hours ago from web

Also, if you want to see the Mayor's office section of the budget to actual document presented to the Council on Saturday, it's here -
http://flintspotlight.com/?page_id=73

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:14 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The city also needs to be very careful with the grant money for the south side task force. There are very specific requirements attached to the money, & if not followed, the city will have to repay it. So far, it doesn't appear that the requirements are being adhered to.

Kincaid was correct . The task force is not being run as a cohesive unit and they are not having meetings with the FBI, Prosecutors office and Sheriff Dept to rectify this. Bossman may have been a prophet when he predicted the task force would be on paper only. City will have to pay back money if this problem is not corrected soon.
Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:31 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Webs, I'm no prophet, just seeing the operations "first hand". Now we have layoff threats.....er.....mistakes. This administration believes it can do the same kind of underhanded dealings as all the previous administrations and get away with it because they aren't perceived in the same light. I believe that is starting to change. Until they stop wasting money on political and personal favors, we are headed toward receivership or bankruptcy on a fast track.
Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:44 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Did the "mistakes" come from the Human Resources department?

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:18 am 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

I thought Dayne Walling would balance our budget and keep us in the black?
Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if he balances his checkbook at home, or does he have his wife do it?

"I can't be overdrawn; I still have checks left".

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:17 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Dave, 2 separate emails from 2 separate people. Both in the Labor Relations/Human Resources Department. One was from Poplar herself.
Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like City Hall has turned into a clusterfark.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Poplar blamed the "mistake" on too many people getting involved in the contract negotiation process. I haven't quite figured out how others were to blame when one of the emails came from her personally. ](*,)
Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's easy - it ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:42 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: