FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Why do we have "PROFILING" still in 2006?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Roln19s
F L I N T O I D

Just a little RANT

Ok 1st off let me introduce myself. My name is James and I am the President of the Flint based Desired Image Custom Club. I drive a 2002 Chevy Cavlier of which I have invested over $40,000 in the past 5 years. I bought the car new and I now own it.

Now on to my RANT:

Just a few weeks back right before I stored my car for the winter I went to Puzzler's Pub for my buddy's B-Day celebration. I do not Drink Alcohol or smoke at all, I was just there for the party. So on the way home I drove by my friends house to make sure they got there OK. He lives in Burton off of Center Rd. Driving west down Lippincott towards Dort Hwy. as I came to the intersection to turn left (south) on Dort a Flint police car was exiting the Speedway on Lippincott as I made my turn, I didn't even make it past the laundromat on the corner and I got "lit up" The officer came to my window and I had rolled all 4 down and turned my dome light for the officer to CLEARLY see inside my vehicle and I kept my hands on the wheel till he asked me for my paperwork. After handing him my paperwork and him and his partner looking through the windows with their flashlights he said the reason he had stopped me was for "OBSTRUCTION OF VIEW". He stated he would not give me a ticket, but a warning. The thing is I have tinted windows and it was lightly raining. The object he was referring to was one of my business cards hanging from my rearview mirror in a Business card holder not much larger than a business card itself. So, how as I drove past for about 3-4seconds did he see into my TINTED vehicle in the rain at dark to see the business card? Why not give me a ticket for Tinted Windows? The thing is I KNOW TINT IS ILLEGAL, but my car is a show car and USUALLY only driven in good weather with the windows DOWN. And for RESPECT AND SAFTEY of the officers I ALWAYS ROLL all of my windows down no matter what if I get pulled over. So while he went back to his cruiser to see that I have no "WANTS or WARRANTS" for about 10 minutes he let me go. My whole point is not that I was picked on, but COME ON, If your gonna waste your time and my time and Tax payers $$, WRITE ME A TICKET FOR WHAT I AM DOING WRONG instead of just jerking me around everyother week. Know what I mean? It is just that he and so many other officers "ASSUME" because my car is flashy that I am doing something wrong. He could of actually pulled over a drunk driver, or someone picking up a prostitute, instead he sat there for 10mins to MAKE SURE I was clean.

I think the good ole Flint & Buton PD needs to quit pulling me over for having shiney wheels on my car and go for the guys who are breaking the law.

I know I hate that song "Ridin Dirty", but it is true. I get pulled over atleast once a month and get asked for my license, registration, insurance, and never get a ticket. Why even pull me over? I'm guessing that the police suspect I must be without one of the three items listed above.

Also I look ALOT youger then most would think. Every time I get pulled over and give the officer my license and it says I'm 26 and all the paperwork has my name on it, they usually just let me go. But if that is the case they shouldn't have pulled me over in the first place.

I have alot of respect for Police officers, but some take it too far.

My sister is a Sheriff Deputy and I tell her about it once in a while. She knows that thier are officers out there that take it too far, but what can you do? Do I need a Video camera mounted in my car to record me while I'm driving? Maybe that isn't such a bad idea.

Funny thing is that my G/F's step father has a 1926 T-Bucket, his car is VERY LOUD and he can go down the road and cops wave to him, but if he drove my car he would more than likely get pulled over.

LIKE I SAID, not all police officers are like that, matter of fact I've shown my car to ALOT of them and they like it. I've even had them come up and check it out at cars shows downtown.

At the back to the bricks car show I won TOP 30 out of all the cars down there, but I got pulled over after leaving from there. Pretty sure the older Hot Rods and Muscle Car guys didn't get messed with.

So is it a crime to be young and have a car you invest time and $$ into?

Sorry for the long RANT.

Last edited by Roln19s on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desired Image Custom Club - Flint MI. - President
Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
pissed off ma ma bear

My son Adam, a.k.a. Opie had the same problem,,,his car also is a very expensive Hot Rod, he would get pulled over because it of course is loud, and the tires, always having to fight some kind of bogus ticket in court, so he hired a legal firm and paid 20 something bucks a month, so he would not have to miss a day of work to get a ticket thrown out of court,,,which is what happened to these bogus tire, or noise tickets, its called pre-paid legal services, and he loved this service,,,you may want to do the same thing, you see the cops had rather harrass the people with fine cars, and hot rods than fight the real crime where the drugs and rapes and murders are commited,,,this way it is showing they are doing something with thier time, if you know what I mean,,,,
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:36 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

that this continues. When I was a much younger lad I was subjected to the same issues with the vehicles I drove while living in Flint. Now I drive a 1992 Buick Roadmaster and can actually be speeding and not get noticed. I think it is becasue the Roadmaster is considered an Old Person's car so they leave me alone. I get the same treatment when riding my full dressed harley. On the other hand, my son get's pulled over all the time when riding his Suzuki crotch rocket and used to get pulled over when driving his S-10 with 20's. Now that he drives a full size pick-up he has not issues.
Police work hard and are subjected to a lot of stress in the jobs they do and respect them for that. But, unless someone is doing something wrong then leave them alone is what I say.
Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:19 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:51 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: