FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: City wasting more money

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

With the temperatures somewhat moderate lately, our street is 99% clear of snow & ice. So, about 120 minutes ago, a plow made 2 passes down the street without touching one snowflake!!! What does this cost? Or, is the administration too busy putting gag orders on fire fighters to notice?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

so who runs that department? Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That is a good question! Patrick Gerace is the Parks Director because he was illegally named Neighborhood Services Director and was allegedly reined in by council But at last nights council meeting when the issue came up about Code enforcement, Tom Mc cabe said that was no longer his job and pointed to Gerace.

In other words Gerace is still performing as a Neighborhoods Services Director. Begs the question as to why we need Tom McCabe, former purchasing director now allegedly running what was DPW. You need a score card to keep track of the name changes in City Hall.

Neeley and other council had to ask repeatedly in order to get an answer as to who was in charge of code enforcement. Obviously Eason did not want to say the administration was still violating the charter by keeping Gerace in his not yet approved position.
Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
With the temperatures somewhat moderate lately, our street is 99% clear of snow & ice. So, about 120 minutes ago, a plow made 2 passes down the street without touching one snowflake!!! What does this cost? Or, is the administration too busy putting gag orders on fire fighters to notice?

Call and complain about issues like this Dave, if we don't they think everything is fine. (810) 766-7346 leave or name or don't it doesn't matter. Remember the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ryan...or a tube of KY Jelly for every complaint....
Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:24 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The mayor's office is like my 5th ward councilman; they don't return calls.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: