FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Wallings jobs for friends?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint has posted 3 new jobs and the word is there will be a total of 7 new jobs. I said before these jobs would be created under the guise of reorganization to eliminate the current staff of DCED. Walling wants folks who are beholden to him.

Normally these administration positions would have been opened internally, so current staff would have first chance to apply before it would be opened to the public.

When I see level 37 Exempt positions with salaries starting at nearly $71K and rising to $over 82k in 4 years, I expect higher qualifications then the specs show.

Economic Development Administration level 37 exempt
This person is expected to develop programs and shows FAEC. I hope this is the FAEC zone and not the corporation, as the mayor has no control over the corporation.

Community Development Administration level 37 exempt
This position sounds like a contract compliance officer in many communities. Also responsible for day to day operations.

Business Manager Level 22 E exempt
This position wants a real estate license and starts at $44k nearly $46 K at the start of the second year.

Flint is already red flagged by HUD as a troubled city. Will Hud appreciate all of these administrative changes?

The current staff has gone through major upheaval. Previous administrators did not always do their job and left a backlog of problems for existing staff. Starting with some HUD findings that were not resolved for nearly 17 years. The office had to be shut down for nearly 2 weeks at a time in order to meet compliance with HUD.

The worst administrator appears to have been Alex Thomas, who was part of the OK Industries and Crawley 108 loans. When indicted he stated he knew very little about the department.

The department was beginning to dig it's way out of the hole under Nancy Jurkiewicz-Rich when Brown appointed Tracy Atkinson in her place. To further ptotect Atkinson, Brown created an exempt position of Superintendent for her. The city council was remiss in not challenging the creation of this position, which was written so current staff could not apply.

This is why Walling needs Donna Poplar, to rubber stamp his decisions. And this is why we have a woman with a Masters in Social Work running more than one dept, including DCED. This superintendent job is more like a department head and I don't remember it being approved by council.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

www.tellwallingno.com
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What gets me is the council seemingly doing nothing about this.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Derrick- Professional site and very well done!
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Rally for Public Safety in our neighborhoods

UPDATED DATE!

We are holding a protest/rally downtown Flint at the corner of First Streets and South Saginaw St on March 9th 2010 from 5pm to 8pm. It will be held in the front of 501 Bar n Grill. We encourage everyone to attend that is upset with the mayors decision to layoff police and fire fighters. Please bring signs, banners and make your voices heard. Young, Old, Black, White, we want everyone to attend and protest this bad decision by Mayor Walling. Please bring a friend
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
Rally for Public Safety in our neighborhoods

UPDATED DATE!

We are holding a protest/rally downtown Flint at the corner of First Streets and South Saginaw St on March 9th 2010 from 5pm to 8pm. It will be held in the front of 501 Bar n Grill. We encourage everyone to attend that is upset with the mayors decision to layoff police and fire fighters. Please bring signs, banners and make your voices heard. Young, Old, Black, White, we want everyone to attend and protest this bad decision by Mayor Walling. Please bring a friend

Yahoo! Round up all you can and let's Crash Walling' Birthday party that's supposed to be at the 501 at 5:30 to 7:30 on March 9th. Since he thinks so little of raining on our parade, let's give him a birthday to remember!

Last edited by ConcernedCitizen on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thomas Jefferson
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Flint has posted 3 new jobs and the word is there will be a total of 7 new jobs. I said before these jobs would be created under the guise of reorganization to eliminate the current staff of DCED. Walling wants folks who are beholden to him.

Why are we hiring new people in a department that already has qualified workers, but yet we have no money for Public Safety?

Why couldn't Walling bother to post Wendy Johnson's position so we might have found a QUALIFIED person to run DCED?

Thomas Jefferson
Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Call it intuition, but as I read the job descriptions I thought one might be for Kate Fields. I was just told I was right.

Daynes party may have been moved to Tuesday.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Call it intuition, but as I read the job descriptions I thought one might be for Kate Fields. I was just told I was right.

Is this the same Kate Fields that lost funding for her organization for "irregularities" with the funds?

Thomas Jefferson
Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Is this the same Kate Fields that lost funding for her organization for "irregularities" with the funds?

Yup.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I like the Police to Population chart. I had one a while ago. Which showed at one time under Williamson he had a much higher Police to Citizen ratio. It was better than Lansing's ratio. Yet Crime was going up. It will be interesting to see whether Crime is up or down for 2009 and in 2010. It will also be nice to look at real population stats and not the made up ones the federal and state government have been using.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well I guess I should have checked the facts on that phony website. Must be Don Williamson coming up with those numbers. LOL Lansing police has 250 Sworn officers and 94 civilians. But that's only according to Lansing's Website. God Forbid anyone use actual FACTS to complain about anything.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Ted it looks like Williamson did pretty good in 07 and 08.

On June 30 2003 we had 241 sworn police officers. We had an excellent year that year.

What happened on 2004 though. Did Williamson switch chiefs then? We also had 241 officers then but crime did go up. ( page 188 )

Fact is Ted the city of Flint crime stats you're relying on are misleading and incorrect with the exception of murders. Arsons and I assume rape would be pretty accurate though.

"But city officials also say there is encouraging news in the data about 911 calls. According to the department's most recent figures, the number of calls about serious crimes is shrinking, as is the response time to major crimes in progress. The largest increase in 911 calls is for minor violations, which many police commanders view as a vote of confidence in the police department's ability to control the complaints about noise, street conditions and other quality of life violations that can make New York life so exasperating." source

Why would Flint residents waste their time trying to report crimes if the police will never show? Flint would probably need like 400 officers to have a Grand Blanc or Davison level of police protection.

Do you even know what queing theory is?
Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Here I copied and pasted right from one of my speeches to city council From back then.
quote:
2004 was the first year without a Police Chief and crime went up a SUPERFANTASTIC ONE MILLION PERCENT!

quote:
Which brings us to the 2007. Without a police chief. We did finally see a drop in Crime. The Mayor finally opened the city jail. Through out last year, primarily during election time. The acting chief made plenty of press releases talking about how the opening of the jail was an invaluable tool.

quote:
1996 down 6.94
1997 a negligible up POINT .31 percent
1998 DOWN 3.07 PERCENT
1999 DOWN 10.38 Percent
2000 DOWN 19.93 PERCENT
2001 DOWN 7.03 PERCENT
2002 DOWN 10.57 PERCENT
2003 DOWN 15.36 PERCENT
2004 was the first year without a Police Chief and crime went up a SUPERFANTASTIC ONE MILLION PERCENT! No Actually it went up by the numbers 17.01 by actual crimes committed but up 35 percent factored by POPULATION.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ted you need to go to the FBI data base for crime stats. Problem is a city can manipulate the way they report certain data to lower their stats.
Post Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:47 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: