FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: That explains the noise

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The feud continues. Last summer, 2 cousins were shooting hoops & made a one dollar bet on a particular shot. There was a dispute over who won, which ended up with one cousin running down the street while the other pumped rounds at him. The other day, we heard several shots, VERY CLOSE! Seems that one cousin was in his front yard, 4 houses down from us, & the other was standing by the stop sign at the corner cranking off rounds. Range, about 120 yards. 5 shots & one hit. The round that hit went through the semi-enclosed front porch of the house next door to the target, where people were sitting, and buried itself in the wall of the next house.
This does explain why there's usually a group of people in the area when cuz one is home. Police were called & they picked up the empty casings by the stop sign. Hopefully, they can pick up cuz two before some innocent bystander gets hit.

It's going to be a hot summer in this hood.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

My neighborhood has been quiet. However, yelling teens kept folks from sleeping around Welch, east of Dupont. Gang grafitti has been removed, but the shoes are over the wires on Begole and more grafitti is further east. Rivalries may explode this summer!
Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Aint nothin wrong with a little shootin as long as the right folks get shot. Heres hopin their aim improves. Dave maybe you should give them a few lessons on sight picture and trigger control and of course not try 120yd shots with a handgun.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It looks more & more like them Homeboys Nightsights aren't as good as they're supposed to be.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I want to know how these underprivliged homeboys get the the ammo . I know they got money, selling crack and pimpin is profitable. But last time I was in the gun store the ammo shelves were pretty bare. And I doubt it ghetto boys know how to reload. I have found enough spent shells on the streets to know they ain't worring about reloading anything .And yes Domet ( a.k.a ,Lil ACORN) guess that makes me a redneck goober , I admitted to going into a gun shop.
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

move while you can!
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave= more of the same homeboys?

Bullets fired into occupied Flint home damaging window
By Laura Angus | Flint Journal
March 25, 2010, 7:38AM
FLINT, Michigan — A bullet was fired into an occupied home around 11 p.m. Tuesday on Milbourne Avenue.

The homeowner reported hearing four to five shots and then the sound of glass breaking on the living room floor, according to police reports.

Police found that a bullet damaged the window and hit a living room wall and bedroom door, according to police reports. A copper slug was recovered from the bedroom floor.

There were no suspects or witnesses.
Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:49 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I don't think so. Didn't hear any shots then.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:58 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Journal map looked like it was a block south of you. Still too close for comfort.
Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:02 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The Journal map just showed the street. Nothing was said about what block. Even that end of the block isn't as close as some. We've had guys shooting at each other right in front of our house.

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: