FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DCED hitting a new low

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Very litttle good is coming out of DCED lately. Now there are rumors floating around about "contract steering" with the federal recovery money coming to Flint.

A recent RFP (Request For Proposal) is allegedly being steered to Greg Averyhardt and Salem Housing. The description reads almost like the job description of the job that John Carpenter once did. It is being said that Averyhardt doesn't want a permanent job and wanted a contract position. He is working in some capacity with Salem now.

The city was planning a pre bid meeting, only they wouldn't put the time of the meeting on the web site. They notified individuals of the bid and posted it on the city web site. John Carpenter submitted a proposal and had to go to the DCED office to find out when the meeting was. He could not get the information by phone or the city website!

Three showed up at the pre-bid meeting; Averyhardt representing salem, Flint NIPP and Carpenter. Only two put in proposals, Averyhardt and Carpenter. More details to come!
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some in council have indicated they may target Atkinson in the new budget as they don't believe the city requires 2 levels of supervision in the department.

Tracy Atkinson is known for making remarks about older people on the CWAC and the need to replace them with younger people. It appears her opinions spill over into the workplace and that she is actively trying to push out an older white employee. Those who know Tracy say she fells she can eplace this employee if she loses her current position.

Mole- Is Tracy still working at Mott college and does she get paid to go to United Way for grant review and her Black Women conferences?
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Both Tracy Atkinson and Leanne Barkus are on the Mott Workforce develoment organizational chart-last chart on the list

Search Results[PDF] Mott Community College Organizational Charts
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Mott Community College Organizational Charts ...... Tracy Atkinson. Leanne Barkus. Moses Bingham. Josephine Blake. Gail Bowman. Melita Bowman-Murphy ...
www.mcc.edu/hr/pdf/organizational_charts.pdf -
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Leanne Barkus, who is she?
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:09 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Carriage Town, Historic Commission, Witherbees
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

have the contracts for the first recovery money grants been let out? They were due to be executed a year ago. If they are not finished per the rules will we qualify and get the second round.?
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Carriage Town, Historic Commission, Witherbees

Yikes
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

What is going in with pages bookstore? The sign says it will be open for only a few hours a day, but sometimes it isn't open even then. Rumor has it Tracy Atkinson defaulted on her SBA loan she got through CCDC.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:04 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Word is Tom Pabst may soon be involved as the attorney against the city.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

People are lying on Tom Pabst, alleging he will not sue the city because of some vague relationship with Walling many years ago. March 31st was Tom's birthday. When asked, he stated he was disappointed with walling and as to future laysuits he said "bring em on"!
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Word on the street is Greg Averyhardt is saying he will start on the contract next Monday. His position is Walling promised him the position and he doesn't care if Carpenter is more qualified.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Flint may lose millions in grant money

By Dawn Jones
Flint (WJRT) -- (10/20/05)-- Flint City Council leaders say nearly $5 million in federal grants are in danger of going back to the government because of possible irregularities in the city's Grants Division.

The first of two investigative hearings into the matter was held today at City Hall.

The money involved was to go to local non-profit agencies, but it hasn't been used.

City Council members say former Contract Compliance Officer Sally Haywood may be responsible for the problem.

Councilman Josh Freeman posed this question during today's hearing. "Why are you putting $4.671 million in jeopardy of going back to the federal government?"

Haywood was the city's Contract Compliance Officer in 2004. That's when she investigated and monitored a number of local agencies. The council says, in her reports to the Mayor, she alleged that a number of these agencies were in violation.

According to council members, the mayor used the reports to deny those agencies funding.

They say those funds have still not been used and may be taken away. "I have never ever known a contract compliance officer to ever do any monitoring of Block Grant funds. That's always been the responsibility of the monitors that work in Department of Community and Economic Development," said Councilman Scott Kincaid. "She clearly doesn't understand what a contract compliance officer is."

The Mayor did not attend today's hearing, which is scheduled to continue tomorrow.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Hey Webs, how do you compare the crisis back when we had Sally Haywood doing things with Federal and State money under Mayor Williamson, compared to Tracy Atkinson and Wendy Johnson in the current administration???
Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pachuco
hundreds of copies of the letter from HUD where Atkinson and Walling administration lost $1.2 million for Smith Village because they did not dialogue with HUD.

Williamson threw Jeanette Haris of the HUD office out of his office and these threats were the result! None of the money was lost because Williamson brought in Nancy Jerkiewicz.The draw downs exceeded what HUD requested.
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:47 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was just looking at the new personnel summary. Wallings $5 million cit in Police will cut us down to 132 police officers. There were 217 in 2009.
1 chief,
0 captains- down 2
7 Lieutenants- up 3 and same as 2009 budget
35 Sergeants- down 5 from 2010 and 17 less than 20009
89 police officers- down from 118 in 2010 and down from 156 in 2009
The number of civilians in the department were 28 in 2009; 20 with 3.5 full time equivalent in 2010; now 18 and no full time equivalents

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Now compare this to Community and Economic Development where they increased positions to 15 with 2 appointees and the elimination of the tiltles of all existing staff. Does this mean Walling will be eliminating all of the experienced staff to fill these positions with his cronies?

Now in Parks and Rec There is now a second appointee a superintendent. When was this position approved by coincil?

It would appear that Walling has eliminated most of the level 16 clerk typists, the very exempt positions he wanted to make pay more health insurance to balance his budget. A move opposed by Kincaid.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm
Post Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:28 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

How many police in 2000?

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I was just looking at the new personnel summary. Wallings $5 million cit in Police will cut us down to 132 police officers. There were 217 in 2009.
1 chief,
0 captains- down 2
7 Lieutenants- up 3 and same as 2009 budget
35 Sergeants- down 5 from 2010 and 17 less than 20009
89 police officers- down from 118 in 2010 and down from 156 in 2009
The number of civilians in the department were 28 in 2009; 20 with 3.5 full time equivalent in 2010; now 18 and no full time equivalents

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Now compare this to Community and Economic Development where they increased positions to 15 with 2 appointees and the elimination of the tiltles of all existing staff. Does this mean Walling will be eliminating all of the experienced staff to fill these positions with his cronies?

Now in Parks and Rec There is now a second appointee a superintendent. When was this position approved by coincil?

It would appear that Walling has eliminated most of the level 16 clerk typists, the very exempt positions he wanted to make pay more health insurance to balance his budget. A move opposed by Kincaid.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:53 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: