FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Thanks for Sheriff and State Police backup

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When Flint had 2 back to back murders there were officers in a meeting (I wasn't told whether they were COPs or other). The Lt callled and asked Lock if they could have the officers as back up-the answer was no. Genesee county and the State police were called in to back up the murder scenes.

Focus groups are being put together as they are required for the new Foot Patrol grant. People are tired of all of these do-nothing meetings that they are not attending.

Two men shot to death in separate incidents in Flint; Police identify one victim as Marquan Colen
By Laura Angus | Flint Journal
April 15, 2010, 7:39AM
Sarah A. Miller | The Flint JournalCity of Flint police officers talk to people at a crime scene where a male was shot at a residence on Dupont St. near Parkway Ave. in Flint Wednesday afternoon. (Sarah A. Miller | The Flint Journal)
FLINT, Michigan — Police are investigating after two men were shot to death in separate incidents in Flint last night.

Marquan Colen, 20, was found shot outside of a home at 5321Dupont St. around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, police said. He was pronounced dead at Hurley Medical Center.

A second man, who police have not identified, was found shot inside of 127 W. Dayton St., according to police reports.

Anyone with information about the first incident is asked to call Sgt. Terry Coon at (810) 237-6916 or Crime Stoppers at 800-422-JAIL (5245). Anyone with information about the second incident is asked to call Sgt. David Bigelow at (810) 237-6924 or Crime Stoppers.

There are no further details available at this time.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Like the poorly advertised meeting at Salem Housing yesterday that had only 10 attendees?

Like the car pulled off the man with a gun call on our block to handle the shooting on Delaware?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was told that about 7 or 8 police officers retired recently.

They are allegedly fudging the crime numbers. if you call about a disturbance and no one is available to respond, 911 may call you back later. If the disturbance is over and didn't result in a death,they take it off the board. Thy are averaging about 30 calls behind and more if they is a major crime.

Also heard the chief doesn't care about the officers vote as he wants to go back to 8 hour shifts.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: