FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: New DDA Director may be in the works.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If the rumor mill is correct, Flint's "Green Czar" Steve Montle may be heading to the DDA as the new director. Remember Montle was supposed to be Jim Ananich's partner in the corporation Campaign Strategy Group LLC. This corporation showed up in Walling's campaign literature during his first bid for mayor. Ananich said it was his partner and not him and that he would be losing money on the job.

Where is the Mole when we need him?
Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

At the last DDA meeting the mayor pushed the DDA board to start another search to replace Larry Ford as DDA director. The mayor has suggested that mayor Steve Montle could fill the position as a dual role. The mayor is very upset with Larry Ford and the DDA board for going against his will and preventing him from putting his own cronie as director.

At the last DDA board meeting the mayor also threatened that more police layoffs could be coming soon.
Post Sun May 02, 2010 12:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Glad you are back Mole. Yes I have heard the rumors about more police losses.
Post Sun May 02, 2010 5:28 pm 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

I doubt Montle could be half as bad as Larry Ford, but I am glad to see SOMEONE is doing something to replace that fool! I am really hoping that the Mayor goes outside the city and hires someone qualified. And while you are at it get rid of all those losers on the DDA board, i understand all their terms are expired!
Post Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:

At the last DDA board meeting the mayor also threatened that more police layoffs could be coming soon.

That rumor is also out there and has been for weeks. May be as many as 20 more.
Post Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
cleartheair schreef:
I doubt Montle could be half as bad as Larry Ford, but I am glad to see SOMEONE is doing something to replace that fool! I am really hoping that the Mayor goes outside the city and hires someone qualified. And while you are at it get rid of all those losers on the DDA board, i understand all their terms are expired!

Don't forget Montle was involved in the RASCO fiasco. I don't know what economic development has to do with the "green czar". Short appealed to their energy programs.

Montle is seen walking with Walling and watching council meetings. Job duties?

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon May 03, 2010 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 02, 2010 11:36 pm 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

Web,
Ok, I guess I am saying anybody but ford. After reading about Montle, I understand what the reservations are. My point was directed at that useless ford, downtown is horrible as far a service and he has put us 6.5 million in debt for the empty parking structure; the guy is a professional user, he gets on these lucrative boards and rakes it in. I walk my dog downtown every day and for example there was a huge hole in the sidewalk (4 Feet) and when I told ford after 2 years of walking around it, ford was not even aware of it. I guess he only walks to his corvette before hitting the freeway. In discussions with people ford does not even live in Flint and was apparently was worthless at the chamber of commerce job.
As stated before I hope we bring in a qualified person for the DDA job and not another crony.
Post Mon May 03, 2010 8:27 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Montle is just someone who Walling gave a job to for helping on his campaign.
Post Wed May 05, 2010 8:30 pm 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

I just met him, seems like a tool. What exactly does Montle do for the city? But I think i like him slightly more then ford!
Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:39 pm 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:58 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

He once worked for Gleason and was a school teacher in Westwood School district.

Walling did not pay attention to his budget when he hired him and his position is unfunded. Heard tonight that Wallings budget is $300,000 over . He claims he will fix it before the end of the fiscal year,
Post Wed May 05, 2010 11:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

PDF] Montle v. Westwood Heights School District et al
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
Plaintiff Stephen Montle, a probationary high school teacher whose contract was not renewed after his four-year probationary term, filed a five-count ...
www.websupp.org/data/EDMI/1:05-cv-10137-38-EDMI.pdf - Similar[DOC] Flint River Watershed Coalition Executive Committee
Post Thu May 06, 2010 7:05 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed May 12, 2010 11:31 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: