FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling calls for a "cease fire" against violence
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

To Mayor Walling:

The citizens of Flint request a lot less talk and whole lot more action.
To call for a "Cease Fire" is simply a sound bit or P.R. oppurtunity.

Thank You.

Post Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I don't think that people are heeding to his orders...**shrug**
Post Wed May 26, 2010 11:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
To Mayor Walling:

The citizens of Flint request a lot less talk and whole lot more action.
To call for a "Cease Fire" is simply a sound bit or P.R. oppurtunity.

Thank You.

Right on Ryan! Seems walling got a head's up on citizens coming to council and he and Rev Flynn cooked this up quickly. 43 people signed up to speak!
Post Wed May 26, 2010 2:52 pm 
bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
"Public Safety Director Alvern Lock said it is unprecedented to see community leaders organize an effort like this proactively, and called on residents to attend the Blue Badge volunteer training that will be held June 15 at Hurley Medical Center."

Again, a hint of Blue Badge volunteers, but no details on the program. Are these to be volunteers for ministations, patrol, or simply watchers from home? Anyone have more details on the program, and what time the event is to be held? Is the "Blue Badge" a requirement to be volunteer for ministation? We've been promised training for ministation volunteers for a long time; is the Blue Badge training that training?

They will simply be "eyes and ears" for the single digit officers on the streets, nothing more.
Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm 
bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Heard Lock say that there will be 9 community policing officers on each shift. What will he do, pull them off patrol to walk the neighborhoods? Who will answer the calls, nobody?

That's exactly what he's doing. The patrol officers are simply called "Foot Patrol" now and do nothing different.
Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:27 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Ryan you should run for Mayor, cause although I hate you, I do like what you say
Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
bluecat1122 schreef:
quote:
00SL2 schreef:
"Public Safety Director Alvern Lock said it is unprecedented to see community leaders organize an effort like this proactively, and called on residents to attend the Blue Badge volunteer training that will be held June 15 at Hurley Medical Center."

Again, a hint of Blue Badge volunteers, but no details on the program. Are these to be volunteers for ministations, patrol, or simply watchers from home? Anyone have more details on the program, and what time the event is to be held? Is the "Blue Badge" a requirement to be volunteer for ministation? We've been promised training for ministation volunteers for a long time; is the Blue Badge training that training?

They will simply be "eyes and ears" for the single digit officers on the streets, nothing more.

Will they be out & about on the streets - a good way to get shot - or just peeking out of their windows?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu May 27, 2010 7:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling cannot continue to underfund our police department and expect state taxpayers to provide us with state police as supplements. He is not addressing the issues. He has an agenda and he does not value anything that does not further his agenda.
Post Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

His only agenda is Dayne Walling.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri May 28, 2010 9:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: