FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: south side task force & FBI raid house Wyoming Street

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

FBI, police raid Flint houseMonday, June 07, 2010
Tags:fbi, flint, police, local, joel feick
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo
Joel Feick
More: Bio, E-mail, News Team
FLINT (WJRT) -- (06/07/10) -- Federal agents raided a house on Flint's east side today, but it's unclear why.

The house on Wyoming Street in Flint was the scene of intense police activity all morning.

Neighbors say they saw a marijuana plant being confiscated.

A spokeswoman for the FBI in Detroit confirms the agency was involved in the raid, but because it's part of what's called a sealed affidavit, it won't say specifically what's going on.

"I was sleeping on the sofa," said neighbor Kim Hawley.

On a quiet morning, police agencies converged on this house. "That's when they busted the door down," Hawley said. "They said, 'Get on the ground.'"

Plain clothes FBI agents were here, along with Flint police and the county sheriff's department.

"Must be something big. Illegal activity going on," surmised next door neighbor John Bush.

A man who lives in the house was put into the back of a county car in handcuffs.

"I've talked to the guy a couple times, and he didn't even seem like a bad guy," Hawley said.

The FBI says the raid occurred in conjunction with the Genesee County Safe Streets Task Force. It may have been part of a series of raids in the area.

Two large dogs were tranquilized and taken from the scene. A county animal control employee described them as African pit bulls.

Bush said he was suspicious. "There was a lot of traffic and activity going on."

He said he thought it was odd that people were coming and going at all hours. "I thought there was something that wasn't right.

Although the FBI isn't saying much, Hawley wants to konw what's going on. "I got two kids and it scared me."

The Grand Blanc Township police chief confirms his building was used as a briefing area for all the various police agencies involved.

The FBI won't say whether anyone has been arrested.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local »

Tags:fbi, flint, police, local, joel feick
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: