FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: METAWAUNENEE HILLS choice site for released prisoners

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Road to Freedom has purchased one home on Seminole near Welch (2 blocks east of Dupont) to house a released prisoner. The house is large and will probably house more than one. They recently told homeowners in the area, they will be buying up more houses in the area because the houses are cheap.

The deal is still pending on a HUD house on the corner of Welch and Seminole that a local Pastor wants to turn into a half-way house.

While residents understand the early release prisoners need a place to live and are allegedly non violent, why do they have to be concentrated in one area. Especially troubling is that this is an area that is targeted for federal funding and revitalization. Recent gang activity, shootings, and violence in the area only compounds the problem.

To make matters worse an investor from California was in the area looking for homes to buy cheap. She will rent them out and said she doesn't care about the neighborhood as long as she makes money.
Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:12 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

But, but, but..... It's going to be a HISTORICAL DISTRICT!!! Paging Wendy........

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

How financially sound can this organization be when they owe taxes on every property identified by the City as belonging to them and they just paid off their tax forfeitures. Several of their homes are shown as condemned.

They should not be eligible for any type of public funding as long as they are delinquent on their taxes.

ROAD TO FREEDOM 323 WHITE ST 40-01-306-012
ROAD TO FREEDOM 405 W NEWALL ST 40-01-308-007
ROAD TO FREEDOM, INC 2622 COLBY ST 40-02-251-005
ROAD TO FREEDOM 1507 MASON ST 40-12-177-025
ROAD TO FREEDOM 1826 MAGNOLIA AVE 41-17-307-012
ROAD TO FREEDOM 510 E HOLBROOK AVE 46-25-231-011
Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:52 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

With all of the plea bargains occurring, some violent offenses could have been reduced down and the sentence may not reflect the nature of the original crime.

Yesterdays Detroit paper discussed how a serial murderer was released and committed another crime.

But then again, some people end up in prison when more affluent individuals get probation and lesser charges.

The register of deeds does not reflect the sale of the Seminole street home but I am told the office is currently 23,000 transactions behind.
Post Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:04 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: