FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I was in a local gunshop on richfield rd when a baggy pants young lad came in with a Bersea 380 that he said was jammed. It was jammed alright the dumbass hiphopper had loaded the rounds backwards in the magazine. After he left the owner told me it happens a lot hmmm lets see we want the bullet to leave in which direction. Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:31 am 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

I would think it would be a chore to even load the rounds in backwards. I personally think that gunshops should have access to a database of all legally registered guns, not linked to any person of course due to privacy issues, simply to be able to enter a serial number and have it come back as simply legal or illegal, so they can inform the police. I find it hard to believe someone would buy a gun legally and be so uneducated to load the gun backwards, lol. To those unfamiliar with firearms that would be equivalent to trying to make breakfast with the frying pan upside down. Of course you don't need an IQ test to buy a firearm...damn shame too.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:41 am 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

ohh yea..."dumbass hiphopper" is now my saying of the week, i love it
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 am 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
UncleSmack schreef:
I would think it would be a chore to even load the rounds in backwards. I personally think that gunshops should have access to a database of all legally registered guns, not linked to any person of course due to privacy issues, simply to be able to enter a serial number and have it come back as simply legal or illegal, so they can inform the police. I find it hard to believe someone would buy a gun legally and be so uneducated to load the gun backwards, lol. To those unfamiliar with firearms that would be equivalent to trying to make breakfast with the frying pan upside down. Of course you don't need an IQ test to buy a firearm...damn shame too.

Now that would be some gun control legislation that would work and respect the rights of law-abiding citizens to protect themselves!

Of course the thugs would just stop going to the gun shops, but oh well... they'll get their firearms anyway, laws or no.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:02 am 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

They'll get their firearms either way, true...but hopefully most of them manage to load their rounds backwards Smile I mean, technically the "dumbass hiphopper" could have just got an illegally procured firearm fixed and was taught how to properly load rounds into a gun he shouldn't have to begin with. I also think any firearm taken to the gun range should be checked as well, like I said, the biggest advantage you have over the "dumbass hiphoppers" or criminals is that they can't shoot for shit, and I don't think they should be given the opportunity to become skilled shots.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 am 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

Awesome. :-/

quote:
FLINT, Michigan — A Flint man was shot at after not being able to answer a question around 10:30 p.m. on June 10.

Two men, who appeared to be in their twenties, arrived at the man's home near Fenton and Atherton roads, and demanded to know where a certain person was, according to police reports.

The man told the suspects they had the wrong home, and the two men began shooting at the man's house, police said.

The victim ran inside to get his shotgun and fired back, but did not hit the men, according to police.

The suspects then fled, police said. Nobody was injured during the incident, police said.

There were at least two visible gun shot holes in the front of the house, according to reports.

There is no further information at this time.

I had to go back to my history and cache to get the text for this. It's since been taken down from mlive. Hopefully that means there are some positive developments in this case. I know... dream on.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 am 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
UncleSmack schreef:
They'll get their firearms either way, true...but hopefully most of them manage to load their rounds backwards Smile I mean, technically the "dumbass hiphopper" could have just got an illegally procured firearm fixed and was taught how to properly load rounds into a gun he shouldn't have to begin with. I also think any firearm taken to the gun range should be checked as well, like I said, the biggest advantage you have over the "dumbass hiphoppers" or criminals is that they can't shoot for shit, and I don't think they should be given the opportunity to become skilled shots.

They are rotten shots. I just moved back here from Oakland, CA, and they're known for that there as well. But, it only takes one bullet to end a life... One difference I've noticed between here and there (both have large gang banger-infested neighborhoods and similar per capita murder rates), is that they're much more indiscriminate here about who gets targeted and doesn't. Maybe it's just that there's more money to be made on drug-dealing in CA, so gangs are more "careful" about how they retaliate (so they can stay in business). Maybe it's just that here things are more economically desperate, so so-called civilians are targets too. I don't really know, but I do know that I felt safer in Oakland, where there are large major gang operations, than I do here.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:30 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually the "dumbass hiphopper" Laughing had legally purchased the Bersa from the place he brought it back to. The owner said he hates selling to these morons but if they have the purchase permit or CPL he has no choice. As far as it being a chore to load a magazine backwards I just tried a few in a Beretta 92fs magazine and its not a problem. Very Happy Now if we can just figure out a way for the backwards loading hiphoppers to get the gun to fire in that mode it would do a lot to reduce Flints crime.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:13 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap, ya got me laughing my ass off here...too funny! Crazy someone would buy a gun and not know how to load it!! Baffling!
and Monlynn810, I am not sure if economic desperation is a factor or not...definitely not an excuse. I almost wonder if it's just some type of street-cred thing and it's easier to shoot at random people, or if the chance of a different "gang" retaliating keeps these chicken shits from targeting other "gangs". I really don't know, but it seems obvious these people just don't give a shit about other lives, or their own neighborhoods. Sad pathetic pieces of shit is all I know.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:12 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap I just tried loading my KelTec .380 backwards, the first round went into the clip just fine but wouldn't drop for the next round...guess it's semi-idiot proof, you could try to chamber one round backwards. I of course didn't try to chamber it or try to even put the clip in it like that.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:22 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well the moron at bullocks stayed at it till he got several in the mag and tried to chamber one. Persistance pays off I guess. Laughing

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:12 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

I can just picture this dumbass hiphopper cussing out his firearm trying to load them in, then cussing it out when it jammed, and then feeling like a complete tool when he is told what he did, hahahaha Laughing
Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

It was hillarious for sure there was two morons with him didnt have an ounce of brains between them.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:09 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave Starr keeps telling us these guys can't shoot straight.

Laura Angus | Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man was shot in the shoulder and hand around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday near McClellan Street and Chevrolet Avenue.

The victim told police he witnessed a black vehicle chasing a white vehicle, and one person from the black Chevrolet Caprice began firing shots at the white vehicle, according to police reports.

The victim was struck on the left side by the shots and flagged down a passerby for a ride to Hurley Medical Center, according to police reports. He was listed in good condition.

Police could not find any evidence or witnesses at the scene of the reported shooting.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Laura Angus | Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — An ice cream truck was robbed at gunpoint around 8:55 p.m. Saturday on Seymour Avenue.

The victim told police she was getting ice cream for a customer when a man approached armed with a long rifle, according to police reports.

The suspect demanded money, and the victim and the customer gave the suspect approximately $230, according to police reports.

The suspect is described as 5 feet 4 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds and wearing a red bandanna over his face, according to the report. He fled the scene and no one was injured in the robbery.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:51 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: