FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Oh, Yeah, this will solve everything - NOT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Jackie Poplar wants to enforce a city ordinance that directly violates State law?? Ban the LEGAL carrying of firearms??
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/06/flints_concealed_weapons_ordin.html

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jackie Poplar
"With the mindset of some people in the city of Flint, this would be disastrous," said 2nd Ward Councilwoman Jackie Poplar. "You're just opening up a bad can of worms."

City Council postponed any decision on the proposed ordinance changes last week after City Attorney Pete Bade brought them up for consideration.
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/06/flints_concealed_weapons_ordin.html

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

This may be the most ignorant and useless person I've heard of in a bit. As the article says, no local or state laws/ordinances will supercede any state law.
Beyond that, this woman is a legitimate moron. Legal guns aren't the guns that anyone is worried about getting rid of! There are ALREADY laws against possessing firearms ILLEGALLY, so what the hell is a new law going to change?!? Nothing for a criminal, everything for a law abiding citizen!! It's like saying... No Handguns in a hospital. Why? Because they don't want someone walking into a hospital and shooting it up. BUT if someone had their mind set on shooting up a hospital, do you think they give two shits about it being illegal to have the gun IN a hospital?!? THEY ALREADY PLAN ON SHOOTING IT UP!!!
It's like this b1tch is saying..."These hiphopper criminals wouldn't murder anyone if we made gun laws stiffer...." Ummm, IF THEY AREN'T CONCERNED ABOUT COMMITTING MURDER, DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT BREAKING A GUN LAW?!?" Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid god damned people!!!!

It's like my father says in the most sarcastic voice he can muster...
"If we just made murder illegal we wouldn't have to worry about it"
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

This poplar gal is a moron for sure but the sad part is more morons keep electing her. Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:18 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

No Flint law will supercede any state law when it comes to firearms...period. Just some useless b1tch wanting to get her name in the paper is my guess. If she was truly concerned that bringing to everyone's attention would make things "worse", what the hell does she think she is doing already? I don't believe that at all though, if ANYTHING it will let criminals know that ordinary citizens are tired of the shit
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

Why are we expected to give a crap about something like yet another ineffective gun law when we're living with dangerously minimal health and safety, and our police department has to be augmented by the SP? Why can't these people concentrate on solving the very immediate problems the city is facing, instead of wasting time dreaming up somewhere-over-the-rainbow schemes to pretty-please criminals into playing nice? I guess some people just think they have a right to waste our times with ludicrous grandstands.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:00 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Jackie Poplar
"With the mindset of some people in the city of Flint, this would be disastrous," said 2nd Ward Councilwoman Jackie Poplar. "You're just opening up a bad can of worms."

City Council postponed any decision on the proposed ordinance changes last week after City Attorney Pete Bade brought them up for consideration.

Isn't this the same woman who went around spraying people with bug spray after a city council meeting? And holy crap, I agree with Uncle Smack! And yeah Twotap, she has all the qualifications she needs to be re-elected,she wears them awesome hats!
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

1pissedoffguy, is it the "awesome hats!"??? I think it could be those completely natural eyebrows she is sporting Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

or the florescent pink tongue...hard to say.

EDITED:

wait, did I miss a joke? By "awesome hat" did you mean a weave?? if so, pretty damn funny, if not guess I made a pretty damn funny joke IMO. win win situation
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dosent she also moonlight as a soul singer??

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:31 am 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

I'm so glad they were spending time on this rather than figuring out how to spend a much-needed grant of $4 million from HUD. Gotta keep your priorities straight!
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

It would be nice if all our elected officials had a basic understanding of Michigan Law, or had read and understood the Michigan Constitution.This is a non starter.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:00 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Article 1, section 6 of the Michigan Constitution.

§ 6 Bearing of arms.
Sec. 6. Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
History: Const. 1963, Art. I, § 6, Eff. Jan. 1, 1964.
Former constitution: See Const. 1908, Art. II, § 5.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Crowfeeder schreef:
It would be nice if all our elected officials had a basic understanding of Michigan Law, or had read and understood the Michigan Constitution.This is a non starter.

It would be great if the officals could read. If Poplar reads it is more than likely at a remedial level. Why is that black leaders seem to be so oblivious to the U.S. Constitution , the state of Michigan Constitution and most of the other important documents ? I guess we are supposed to be led by their "visions" of utopia rather than by rule of law.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

I was involved in ONE incident over the years where a CPL holder was arrested for allegedly using his gun to commit a crime. Compare that to the hundreds of arrests for people carrying/ using illegal guns. As stated above, Poplar and Neeley are WAY off base here.

I'm not even going to waste my time with the constitutional aspects involved in this stupidity.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: