FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Loyd says stop crime by being "Progressives"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Delrico Loyd went to a meeting this morning and said we didn't need more police, we needed to become progressive. He said we need to convince family members who benefit from the drug and other illegal activities of young gang members to say "stop it" and stop taking the money and other financial benefits.

There was shooting for hours last night around Seminole, Pontiac, and Euclid near Welch Blvd. The 911 officers said there were no officers available to take the call and told anxious residents to "lie on the floor and wait it out"! That is no way to live!

There was shooting also near Hamilton and Forest Hill about the same time. There is shooting near Haskell on a regular basis, often as early as 6:00 pm.

The detroit Newspapers reported early Census reports showing minorities moving from urban areas to the suburbs. Those they interviewed said it was to get away from the violence and shootings. More and more I hear people talking about leaving. Perhaps they just need to be more progressive.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:58 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There were two other shootings in the city at the time of Holly's robbery, and that's more than Flint police can handle.

Peggy Agar
FLINT (WJRT) -- (06/14/10) -- An ice cream truck driver robbed at gunpoint waited for help, but police never showed up.

She says the rifle was pointed in her face. She could have fled, but was told to stay, frightened, and wait for police, but no one came.

"He was like, give me all your money. When I turned back around, a rifle was in my face," Holly Gregoire said.

Gregoire was trying to sell ice cream this weekend when she was robbed at gunpoint. "I was scared. I got a baby."

Robbed for $250 dollars and alone in her truck and petrified, Gregoire called Flint police for help.

Flint Dispatchers were sympathetic, and reassured her she'd be all right and that help was on the way.

She was worried about the money.

Gregoire: Should I just stay here or call my boss?

911 dispatch: Just stay there. Call your boss, but if you see anyone come around, you get that truck ready and you leave, okay?

That was 8:55 Saturday night.

"They're like police are on the way," she said.

So she waited for police to arrive. And she waited longer. Still no help.

ABC 12 has learned just six minutes after Holly's 911 call, the dispatcher put out a general broadcast to Flint officers on duty.

Shorthanded and busy, no one responded.

One hour and 21 minutes later at 10:16 p.m., the dispatcher called Holly back to tell her help was never going to come.

"I had to go to the police department an hour and a half later and file a report there," Gregoire said.

There were two other shootings in the city at the time of Holly's robbery, and that's more than Flint police can handle.

Holly's mother is now following her on routes, policing the streets herself.

(Copyright ©2010 WJRT-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:26 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Delrico Loyd went to a meeting this morning and said we didn't need more police, we needed to become progressive. He said we need to convince family members who benefit from the drug and other illegal activities of young gang members to say "stop it" and stop taking the money and other financial benefits.

There was shooting for hours last night around Seminole, Pontiac, and Euclid near Welch Blvd. The 911 officers said there were no officers available to take the call and told anxious residents to "lie on the floor and wait it out"! That is no way to live!

There was shooting also near Hamilton and Forest Hill about the same time. There is shooting near Haskell on a regular basis, often as early as 6:00 pm.

The detroit Newspapers reported early Census reports showing minorities moving from urban areas to the suburbs. Those they interviewed said it was to get away from the violence and shootings. More and more I hear people talking about leaving. Perhaps they just need to be more progressive.

I'm considering buying a progressive reloading press. Does that count?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

I'm quite liberal myself, you could even call me a progressive I suppose, but I can't see how there's any point to political ideology or labeling or discussion of parties of any kind while the very, very basics of life in a civilized society are not being met. Police, fire, adequate health and safety -- these are basics everyone wants and expects from local government -- they don't have anything to do with a political stance. These are things we can't afford to ignore or short-change. All I expect on that ground level of providing the basics is honesty, competence, sincere concern for the citizenry, and responsible use of available funds. Is that really so much to ask? To set aside the B.S. and get to work? The City Council and Mayor act like they can go straight to playing at Carnegie hall after a semester of community college piano classes, with all the rhetoric they blather.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:50 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
monlynn810 schreef:
I'm quite liberal myself, you could even call me a progressive I suppose, but I can't see how there's any point to political ideology or labeling or discussion of parties of any kind while the very, very basics of life in a civilized society are not being met. Police, fire, adequate health and safety -- these are basics everyone wants and expects from local government -- they don't have anything to do with a political stance. These are things we can't afford to ignore or short-change. All I expect on that ground level of providing the basics is honesty, competence, sincere concern for the citizenry, and responsible use of available funds. Is that really so much to ask? To set aside the B.S. and get to work? The City Council and Mayor act like they can go straight to playing at Carnegie hall after a semester of community college piano classes, with all the rhetoric they blather.

Apparently in Flint, it is too much to ask for.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The State police and Feds are taking down some violent gangs. But will they rise again after they leave.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:43 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

With no city lockup and the county jail overcrowded, where are they locking them up?
They will rise again. When you take down the leaders, others step in to replace them.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:22 am 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The State police and Feds are taking down some violent gangs. But will they rise again after they leave.

They'll go wherever they can operate, so I can't imagine them staying away too long. Anyway gangs are like hydras, chop off one head and another pops up. The key thing is to make it difficult for them to operate. One of the simplest ways to do that is to have an engaged, comprehensive, and responsive police presence -- which we don't have. Evil or Very Mad
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:28 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

So the minorites are moving to the burbs heh? Then all what will happen is the shooting victims will be closer to Genysys instead of Hurley. Better get a trauma unit set up there fast! So be "Progessive" , think "forward" and get that done. Those folks ain't going to change at all with the change of scenery when we have Political Progressives always put the blame on the innocent people who have done nothing to be deservant of the punks wrath. Progessives are perverts who like to invert the established table of values on a whim, to make that which is bad into "good" just for shits and giggles. They committ what is called "suicide of thought" , they argue so much that their arguments erode the underpinnings of the platform on top of which they are standing. Or to sum in up quote from the movies, think of HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER when the Soviet sub Captain shoots a torpedo at his target only to have the torpedo miss that sub and change course back to the sub which launched it, another officer says " you arrogant ass, you just killed us!'. That is a Progressive, launching missles wildly and totally unprepared for when it comes back at them.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:29 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

So the minorites are moving to the burbs heh? Then all what will happen is the shooting victims will be closer to Genysys instead of Hurley. Better get a trauma unit set up there fast! So be "Progessive" , think "forward" and get that done. Those folks ain't going to change at all with the change of scenery when we have Political Progressives always put the blame on the innocent people who have done nothing to be deservant of the punks wrath. Progessives are perverts who like to invert the established table of values on a whim, to make that which is bad into "good" just for shits and giggles. They committ what is called "suicide of thought" , they argue so much that their arguments erode the underpinnings of the platform on top of which they are standing. Or to sum in up quote from the movies, think of HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER when the Soviet sub Captain shoots a torpedo at his target only to have the torpedo miss that sub and change course back to the sub which launched it, another officer says " you arrogant ass, you just killed us!'. That is a Progressive, launching missles wildly and totally unprepared for when it comes back at them.

You really are one pissed off guy. I'm a pervert, huh? You don't know me, yet feel free to cast aspersions on my character based on a political ideology? The real problem with what Loyd supposedly said is that he's an idiot if he did. Stupid knows no color or political affiliation. It's an equal-opportunity state of mind. Clearly.

Flint truly is hopeless if it's comprised of hateful people like you on the one hand, and useless people like these so-called "progressives" in City Hall on the other. I think we should all be able to agree that criminals that don't give two shits for anything political are the REAL problem here. Those that can't see that, no matter what their position in government or the community, need to go.

I moved back here last year from a place with a large and vibrant black middle class that was not in any way involved in the kind of crime that plagues low-income neighborhoods -- or "minority" neighborhoods as you would call them. Many of these people were leaving the city, too. Many of them were sick of the thug culture that had grown up around welfare fraud, drug-dealing, and dropping out of school, and I'll hazard a guess that just like the minorities moving to the suburbs here, they don't want to raise their kids in that kind of environment, or risk their lives going to the grocery store -- just like you . If you think you're the only demographic that's sick of this crap, well, think again.

Insulting people with a different political stance from your own won't change a thing without concrete suggestions as to how to stop this. That goes for Loyd, and it goes for you, too. We can complain about how bad things are all day, and while it's good to make people aware of what the papers and television news doesn't cover, ultimately it doesn't do the job of actually cleaning this place up.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
monlynn810 schreef:
quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

You really are one pissed off guy. I'm a pervert, huh? You don't know me, yet feel free to cast aspersions on my character based on a political ideology? The real problem with what Loyd supposedly said is that he's an idiot if he did. Stupid knows no color or political affiliation. It's an equal-opportunity state of mind. Clearly.

Flint truly is hopeless if it's comprised of hateful people like you on the one hand, and useless people like these so-called "progressives" in City Hall on the other. I think we should all be able to agree that criminals that don't give two shits for anything political are the REAL problem here. Those that can't see that, no matter what their position in government or the community, need to go.

I moved back here last year from a place with a large and vibrant black middle class that was not in any way involved in the kind of crime that plagues low-income neighborhoods -- or "minority" neighborhoods as you would call them. Many of these people were leaving the city, too. Many of them were sick of the thug culture that had grown up around welfare fraud, drug-dealing, and dropping out of school, and I'll hazard a guess that just like the minorities moving to the suburbs here, they don't want to raise their kids in that kind of environment, or risk their lives going to the grocery store -- just like you . If you think you're the only demographic that's sick of this crap, well, think again.

Insulting people with a different political stance from your own won't change a thing without concrete suggestions as to how to stop this. That goes for Loyd, and it goes for you, too. We can complain about how bad things are all day, and while it's good to make people aware of what the papers and television news doesn't cover, ultimately it doesn't do the job of actually cleaning this place up.

I NO LONGER live in Flint, but I would love to see this vibrant minority city on which you speak. Tell me where it is. Tick, tick, tick, tick,,,, BUUUUUZZZ,, does it really exist? Progressives are people who love making other people's children the fodder for some social experiments they hatch up. I detest people who, like you, are self righteous snobs thinking they know best for everyone. Yes Flint is hopeless, it is hopeless because of people who forced other people to take the burdens of other people and carry this dead weight. These people, the Progessives, always love to spend capital that they force from other people and pat themselves on the back like they are some modern day Robin Hoods. Flint is done for because the idea that other people owe it others to provide for their existence. Flint was destroyed by people with "visions" and a belief that they have the insights to chart a course for humanity , the result is what you now see in Flint, and Detroit and Saginaw. Minorities have been provided with a convienient scape goat for all their bad descions, THE WHITE MAN!! White men created Crack, White man forced Black men from taking the responsibility their offspring, White men meet in secret to hatch the destruction of all minorities,White men put guns in the hands of Black hoodlums and FORCE them to kill one another. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the works of the "Progessives".Look about you , Flint is a shinning example of their works. Marvelous isn't it?
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:00 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:

I NO LONGER live in Flint, but I would love to see this vibrant minority city on which you speak. Tell me where it is. Tick, tick, tick, tick,,,, BUUUUUZZZ,, does it really exist? Progressives are people who love making other people's children the fodder for some social experiments they hatch up. I detest people who, like you, are self righteous snobs thinking they know best for everyone. Yes Flint is hopeless, it is hopeless because of people who forced other people to take the burdens of other people and carry this dead weight. These people, the Progessives, always love to spend capital that they force from other people and pat themselves on the back like they are some modern day Robin Hoods. Flint is done for because the idea that other people owe it others to provide for their existence. Flint was destroyed by people with "visions" and a belief that they have the insights to chart a course for humanity , the result is what you now see in Flint, and Detroit and Saginaw. Minorities have been provided with a convienient scape goat for all their bad descions, THE WHITE MAN!! White men created Crack, White man forced Black men from taking the responsibility their offspring, White men meet in secret to hatch the destruction of all minorities,White men put guns in the hands of Black hoodlums and FORCE them to kill one another. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the works of the "Progessives".Look about you , Flint is a shinning example of their works. Marvelous isn't it?

You're a racist creep. I'm glad you don't live here anymore. Just to clarify, I said that the black middle class was LEAVING the city for more peaceful, affluent suburbs. Many of these people are fed up with the lowlife credo of babymommas and drug-dealing too! Flint's in the straights it's in because it gave the keys to the city to General Motors, and when they didn't have any use for the place anymore, they pulled out, moved operations out of the country, and Flint fell apart -- because by then the culture of cronyism and back-door dealing was too firmly ingrained. Voters used to put in whoever the unions asked them to vote for, so when the same fools get suffered over and over again, even in this day and age, the voters are the ones to blame for not paying enough attention, or just doing as they're told, or not letting go of a past that's never going to come back. At least when someone really bad gets in, they will recall.

I grew up here, I was educated here. I'm not self-righteous. I'm being concerned about the place I make my home. You're the one being self-righteous here, claiming you know my mind and motivations, in your condescending way. It's sad, in a way, that you can't even concede that there are some things that are not political.

But if Flint Talk is actually White Anger Talk, then I guess I'm not welcome here.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:34 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Flint's in the straights it's in because it gave the keys to the city to General Motors, and when they didn't have any use for the place anymore, they pulled out, moved operations out of the country, and Flint fell apart -- because by then the culture of cronyism and back-door dealing was too firmly ingrained. Voters used to put in whoever the unions asked them to vote for, so when the same fools get suffered over and over again, even in this day and age, the voters are the ones to blame for not paying enough attention, or just doing as they're told, or not letting go of a past that's never going to come back. At least when someone really bad gets in, they will recall.

Okay , so Monlynn810 you think there are some things that arent based in politics,right? You said also , in your response:

It's sad, in a way, that you can't even concede that there are some things that are not political.

Where is it that the problems you allude to were not connected to politics? EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL! Marriage, divorce, death,all have political origns, political ramifications. And yes, even deaths of cities .
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:50 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
Flint's in the straights it's in because it gave the keys to the city to General Motors, and when they didn't have any use for the place anymore, they pulled out, moved operations out of the country, and Flint fell apart -- because by then the culture of cronyism and back-door dealing was too firmly ingrained. Voters used to put in whoever the unions asked them to vote for, so when the same fools get suffered over and over again, even in this day and age, the voters are the ones to blame for not paying enough attention, or just doing as they're told, or not letting go of a past that's never going to come back. At least when someone really bad gets in, they will recall.

Okay , so Monlynn810 you think there are some things that arent based in politics,right? You said also , in your response:

It's sad, in a way, that you can't even concede that there are some things that are not political.

Where is it that the problems you allude to were not connected to politics? EVERYTHING IS POLITICAL! Marriage, divorce, death,all have political origns, political ramifications. And yes, even deaths of cities .

No. Everything is not political. People don't fall in love because of politics, they don't raise families because of politics, most don't marry or divorce because of it. Death? Political? Really? Sorry but that's the one constant that we'll always have with us, regardless of what political party we belong to. Are there sometimes political reasons for people to do all of these things? Yes, certainly. There are also times when political concerns need to be set aside, where pulling a party line does nothing more than allow problems to fester out of control.

Seeing the world exclusively through a political lens... that's something Marxists do.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:22 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Marxist and Progressives are pretty much the same breed of cat. Both love Social Engineering, both believe in taking away indvidual liberties, both have a utopian slant.
And sadly, politicans have inserted themselves and their penchant for codifying things into all the areas we are discussing ( love, marriage, death) . And typically it's the "Progressives" who are leading of the charge. They are the ones who want to make "silk purses out of sow's ears". Of course ignoring the pig's loud protest.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: