FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

I received some troubling information last night. Apparently several "gangs" no saying if they are gangs or not at this point, are now leaving car seats draped with a blanket, or in some cases with a doll in them half covered near the sides of roads. Reportedly mostly by wooded or high grass areas. There goal is to lure women (mostly) to stop and check on the "baby" and at that point are attacked, robbed, and sometimes pulled into the woods/grass to be sexually assaulted. Please let people know. If someone does see a car seat on the side of the road, local police are asking you continue to your destination and report the location as soon as possible, but do not stop.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Eight bullet holes found in house after early morning shootout
Published: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 7:55 AM Updated: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 8:00 AM
Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A property owner told police he found eight bullet holes in his home on the 500 block of E. Jamieson Street, near Mildred Street, after a shootout that occurred between 4 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. Sunday, according to police reports.

The bullet holes were found on the north, west and east sides of the house later that morning.

There is no suspect information.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The female ice cream vendor was told police were coming and then after a 1&1/2 hour wait was told to file a police complaint downtown. She allegedly has her mother watching over her and the gangs have threatened both of them.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Laura Angus | Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — An ice cream truck was robbed at gunpoint around 8:55 p.m. Saturday on Seymour Avenue.

The victim told police she was getting ice cream for a customer when a man approached armed with a long rifle, according to police reports.

The suspect demanded money, and the victim and the customer gave the suspect approximately $230, according to police reports.

The suspect is described as 5 feet 4 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds and wearing a red bandanna over his face, according to the report. He fled the scene and no one was injured in the robbery.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man in critical condition after found stabbed, shot in Flint
Published: Monday, June 14, 2010, 9:00 PM Updated: Monday, June 14, 2010, 9:05 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man is in critical condition after police found him stabbed and shot at about 4:50 a.m. Monday near North Franklin and Jane avenues, according to police.

Police were called to the scene in reference to the shooting.

They found the victim, whose name and age have not been released, with both stab wounds and gunshot wounds. The victim was transported to the hospital where he was listed in critical condition.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked call Flint police Sgt. Terry Coon at (810) 237-6916, or the Flint Police Department at (810) 237-6800.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There was a strong police presence near Ml King and Pasadena, Van wagoner and Gillespie this morning. Several State police, a beautiful German shepard dog with the State boys, a Sheriff car and Flint Police.

Most disturbing was the young man with some powerful binoculars on the corner of Mason and Pasadena watching the police as he spoke on a cell phone.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:58 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Interesting that there's been nothing in the media about this yet. Sounds like something they should have covered.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man shot in side while walking in Flint
Published: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 7:54 AM Updated: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 7:59 AM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man was shot in the side while he went for a walk around 5:50 p.m. Monday near Davison Road and Franklin Avenue.

The man said he was walking to a corner store when he heard a single gunshot and felt his side start to burn, according to police reports.

He ran toward a nearby school until he collapsed, and told police an unknown person then transported him to Leith Street where emergency crews found him, according to the report.

The victim was then transported to Hurley Medical Center and his clothing was taken for evidence, according to the report. There are no suspects and the victim didn't see who shot him.

Previous story
Woman robbed of cellphone while on walk in Flint Next story
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:45 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Reading all this stuff sickens me. Goddam it Walling, let your cronies search for other other jobs, that town needs cops you frigging moron! Yeah,, you heard me, I hate cops but at least they are supposed to know how to handle armed thugs better than most people. And tell Neely and that .. Poplar if they don't like people arming themselves for protection they can very leave. She and Neely are wackos,an statue against decent people arming themselves is an invitation for more decent folks to be going to the hospital or the morgue. Perhaps Poplar and Neely have family members who are the nutjobs doing this crazy ass shit and want to protect them from facing the music . God, I am scared for my family there, it is more widespread (the violence) that it used to be. Fine job there Walling, the punks know with you and your high priced college grads running the town they can get away with murder, just like they did when Jim Sharp was da mayor. Tell me Walling, did they teach you how to handle murderous thugs in those classes you took as a Rhodes Scholar?
Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man shot at while sitting in parking lot in Flint
Published: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 7:52 AM Updated: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 8:01 AM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man's vehicle was struck by two bullets as he waited in a store's parking lot Wednesday morning.

The man told police his girlfriend was inside of a store at the time of the shooting around 10:30 a.m. near Dupont Street and Flushing Road, according to police reports.

He saw a brown 1990s Buick LeSabre stop on Stevenson Street and a passenger in the backseat began firing shots, according to police reports.

The victim's vehicle was hit and multiple shell casings were found at the scene, according to the report.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:51 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman robbed in Flint
Published: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 7:49 AM Updated: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 7:52 AM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A woman was robbed while she was walking in Flint Tuesday morning.

The woman told police she was walking in the area of Dayton Street and Humboldt Avenue at the time of the robbery, after 9 a.m., according to police reports.

Two men who she didn't know approached her and indicated they had weapons, according to police reports. The woman gave them her cellphone.

There were no injuries in this incident.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:53 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman robbed of cellphone while on walk in Flint
Published: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 7:44 AM Updated: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 7:51 AM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A woman reported to police her cellphone was stolen as she went for a walk.

The incident occurred around 10 a.m. Tuesday near Dayton Street and Clio Road, according to police reports.

The woman told police a red Cadillac pulled beside her and one of the passengers got out and demanded her money, according to the report. The woman didn't have any money but gave him her cellphone.

The suspect — who was described as slim, 6 feet tall and wearing a white T-shirt with green and orange stripes — then got back into the vehicle and the suspects left the scene, according to the report.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Senior woman robbed Wednesday about 3 p.m. on Kearsley Street while walking from her apartment complex to the Flint Public Library. Two M/B, about 11 and 14 years old, came up behind her and grabbed her purse, then took off running. Those who came to help her said the boys ran toward the bus station.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:44 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman robbed at gunpoint at her Flint home
Published: Monday, June 21, 2010, 7:33 AM Updated: Monday, June 21, 2010, 7:42 AM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A woman reported to police that she was robbed at gunpoint at her home around 10:30 a.m. Sunday near Copeman Boulevard and Chevrolet Avenue.

The woman told police she was walking out of her home when a man approached pointing a handgun at her, according to police reports.

The man made her walk inside of her home where he allegedly stole a laptop, phone, computer and a 32-inch television, according to the report.

The suspect was described as 20 to 22 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall, slim build and wearing black shorts and shirt, according to the report. He fled in an older, burgundy Ford Explorer.
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:07 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man dies from stab wounds in Flint
Published: Monday, June 21, 2010, 5:49 PM Updated: Monday, June 21, 2010, 5:54 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — Emmanuel Adul Muhammad died from stab wounds this morning after police responded to calls of a man down at about 3 a.m., according to police reports.

Muhammad was found in the 1300 block of Avenue B, near Williams Street, and was transported to Hurley Medical Center, where he died from his wounds.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Sgt. Bryan Coleman at (810) 237-6925 or the Flint Police Department at (810) 237-6800.
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:14 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Sign in to MLive.com »
Not a member? Register Now »

Sign in to MLive.com
Username Password Remember meI forgot my username or password »
Don't have an account?
Register now for free, or sign in using your AIM or Google account!

Site SearchSearch Local Business Listings Brought to you by:
Home News Business Sports Entertainment Living Interact Jobs Autos Real Estate Rentals Classified Ads Shop
News Michigan News Opinion Obituaries Community Newspapers Crime Sentencings Traffic Education Lottery Weather

Top Stories Report: GM preparing for public stock offering Impasse continues on unemployment extension Pistons' Villanueva faces domestic assault charge
Home > Flint News
Man in serious condition have shot several times in Flint
Published: Monday, June 21, 2010, 10:22 PM Updated: Monday, June 21, 2010, 10:24 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man is in serious condition at Hurley Medical Center after he was shot several times early Sunday morning, according to police reports.

He told police he was standing outside on N. Saginaw Street at about 12:18 a.m. Sunday when he heard several gunshots and was hit several times by bullets.

A friend saw him lying on the ground and took him to the hospital, according to police reports.

The man had wounds to his wrist, ankle, groin, knee and hip, according to police reports.
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:19 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: