FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Land Bank mowing lawns at OCCUPIED houses???

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Right now, a crew from the land bank is mowing the lawn next door. It's an occupied house! Yet, behind us are 2 abandoned houses and 3 empty lots in a row. The middle lot is owned by the land bank & has been mowed 3 times by the land bank while the other 4 have been ignored. Curiouser and curiouser.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:44 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Happened on 7th street too. House belonged to one of the auto dealers involved in that big fraud case. House was one year away from foreclosure by the Land Bank for taxes. Oddly enough the city inspector had the house put on the list to be mowed.
Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:47 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Another crew came by yesterday. They looked disappointed that there was nothing to mow. I get the impression they'll mow anything, just to get paid for it.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Thursday, April 8, 2010City of Flint Partners with Genesee County Land Bank on Trash and Weed Abatement Program
Flint Mayor Dayne Walling and Doug Weiland, Executive Director of the Genesee County Land Bank unveiled the details of the partnership during a press conference today.

Under the partnership the Land Bank will conduct weed and trash abatement activities throughout the City of Flint at no cost to the city. The City of Flint will provide, at no cost, the use of the pole building at the Oak Businesses Center for storage of equipment and as a central work site for the Land Bank to conduct weed and trash abatement.

Mayor Dayne Walling says the partnership will be a great help to the City of Flint during a time when resources are stretched and maintenance demands remain steady. “This is great for our community. This partnership with the Genesee County Land Bank is going to make our neighborhoods cleaner and more attractive this summer and it’s not going to impact our budget,” said Mayor Walling.

Funding for the weed and trash abatement program is provided through federal stimulus money. The program will run through October 29, 2010. Under the program the city of Flint has been divided into 21 service areas. Work crews will go through these service areas three times each during the length of the program. They will perform trash and weed abatement activities that include: trash and weed removal; vacant lot maintenance, including mowing; and boarding and securing homes citywide on a complaint basis.

“The real beneficiaries of this partnership with the City are the residents of Flint. While this is tough, dirty work, our crews are rewarded by the appreciation they see on the faces of the residents every day,” said Doug Weiland, Executive Director, Genesee County Land Bank.

Since its inception in 2002, the Genesee County Land Bank has taken the lead in applying the economic tools created under this new system by playing an active role in stabilizing neighborhoods and revitalizing the City of Flint and the surrounding areas.

The Land Bank encourages re-use of more than 4,000 residential, commercial and industrial properties that it has acquired through the tax foreclosure process. This is accomplished through partnerships with public, private and non-profit partners as well as with the proceeds from the tax foreclosure process, proceeds from GCLB sales and rental programs, grants, loans, and bonds.

The Land Bank has 10 programs: Planning and Outreach, Brownfield Redevelopment, Development, Adopt-a-Lot, Clean and Green, Demolition, Housing Renovation, Sales, Side Lot Transfer and Foreclosure Prevention.

For more information contact Dawn Jones, City of Flint Communications Director at (810) 237-2039 or dfjones@cityofflint.com or the
Genesee County Land Bank at (810) 257-3088.
Posted by City Speak - The official blog of the City of Flint at 4/08/2010 03:34:00 PM 0 comments:

Post a Comment
Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:40 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

"The City of Flint will provide, at no cost, the use of the pole building at the Oak Businesses Center for storage of equipment and as a central work site for the Land Bank to conduct weed and trash abatement. "

I believe it was reported the equipment was stolen from this location. Plus, the times and locations have been changed since the April article. Also, there were many of the workers laid off or let go because of funding problem.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:32 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
"The City of Flint will provide, at no cost, the use of the pole building at the Oak Businesses Center for storage of equipment and as a central work site for the Land Bank to conduct weed and trash abatement. "

I believe it was reported the equipment was stolen from this location. Plus, the times and locations have been changed since the April article. Also, there were many of the workers laid off or let go because of funding problem.

I wonder if all of the tractors, etc were paid off as some lawn equipment wa financed through the sewer fund.
Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
quote:
00SL2 schreef:

I wonder if all of the tractors, etc were paid off as some lawn equipment wa financed through the sewer fund.
Shouldn't there have been insurance to cover the stolen property? If there wasn't, then who's to blame?
Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:41 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

City is self insured-not sure about the land bank or even if the agreement required any type of insurance.

Also each dept purchasing equipment in this manner is required to pay rental payments for the equipment in order to insure there will be money to repay the loan and set up replacement monies. This does not appear to be a rental.
Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:55 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: