FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 2nd Ammendment Rights extended to states, cities by SCOTUS

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2821015920100628

No more city handgun bans...
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:06 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why is it my liberal friends always seem to feel it's ok for the Criminals to have illegal guns. but become afraid when law abiding citizens want to own them.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Why is it my liberal friends always seem to feel it's ok for the Criminals to have illegal guns. but become afraid when law abiding citizens want to own them.

I don't know. I'm not one of your liberal friends. I'm also pro-gun rights. We are out there (pro-2nd Amendment liberals). Maybe we're just not so vociferous about it. But, I try not to label people based on a few issues because most have positions on a few things that don't fit entirely within one single political philosophy. You can almost always find a point (or several) on which you agree with just about anyone, no matter what you call yourself, or vice versa.

Gun control proponents don't see it as allowing criminals to have guns, though. They feel that gun control can be used to put criminals away and get guns off the street. Of course this doesn't work.

But so what. It's a moot point. Citywide/statewide gun bans are now unconstitutional. Not just on a state level, but federal as well.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:42 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Its going to be interesting to see how chicagos mayor daly tries to weasle around this ruling. He is an antigun moron for sure.

Actually heres the usless prick now. Rolling Eyes

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Daley-Vows-New-Gun-Ordinances-97328384.html

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

monlynn810
quote:
I don't know. I'm not one of your liberal friends.
Obviously, Since I have no clue who you are.

quote:
Gun control proponents don't see it as allowing criminals to have guns, though. They feel that gun control can be used to put criminals away and get guns off the street. Of course this doesn't work.

I don't know where you get that idea? Ask any of them. They have no problem with a justice system that refuses to go after felons for gun crimes but be an average citizen who wants to protect his family and you're the worst criminal since Al Capone.

Just because liberals are anti gun, doesn't mean they don't understand the ramifications of their policies. Gun laws only keep honest citizens from carrying guns and do nothing to take guns out of the hands of Criminals. THEY KNOW THIS! They sit back and watch crime rise and make more laws that facilitate higher crime under the guise of doing something/passing laws that to them shows they care when the evidence proves they they don't have a clue.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
monlynn810
quote:
I don't know. I'm not one of your liberal friends.
Obviously, Since I have no clue who you are.

quote:

I don't know where you get that idea? Ask any of them. They have no problem with a justice system that refuses to go after felons for gun crimes but be an average citizen who wants to protect his family and you're the worst criminal since Al Capone.

Just because liberals are anti gun, doesn't mean they don't understand the ramifications of their policies. Gun laws only keep honest citizens from carrying guns and do nothing to take guns out of the hands of Criminals. THEY KNOW THIS! They sit back and watch crime rise and make more laws that facilitate higher crime under the guise of doing something/passing laws that to them shows they care when the evidence proves they they don't have a clue.

You're not understanding what I wrote upthread at all. First of all, the 'friends' comment was just a joke, but if you feel the way you do about pro-gun control liberals, I feel sorry for your liberal friends. From what you've said in response to me, you basically think they're aiders and abettors of criminals.

Secondly, not all liberals are anti-gun. It may be more convenient for you to believe they're all anti-gun so you can generalize about them in the way that you are but most people are not cookie-cutter lists of likes, dislikes, and evil hidden agendas, no matter what our media says. We all know it's easier for the media to make a buck and keep the sponsors advertising if they can boil things down to 'us vs. them'. This is true whether the outlet is liberal-leaning or conservative-leaning. But when you have a reasoned discussion with most people out there, you see that most of the concerns people have are the same, and not only that, that you have common ground with them. Maybe not on everything, maybe only on a point or two, but the world is not black and white.

Do you really believe that a third of the nation (assuming that anyone that voted for Obama is a liberal, which I get the feeling you'd agree with) -- that means 1 out of every 3 people 18 or over (roughly half of the voters in 2008, which saw somewhere around 63% voter turnout) -- wants to be made defenseless and see criminals continue to commit crimes? A lot of people that want gun bans look at countries where it's worked out fairly well, and misunderstand that those cultures are not our culture. Poplar probably would have trouble finding Japan or the UK on a globe, so she doesn't count. Whether they're wrong because of good intentions or wrong because they're just plain stupid, there's no conspiracy to let crime run amok going on.

Some things simply take time to sink in, especially when they're ideas that come from an opposing point of view. These kinds of attempts at gun control in the US are relatively new in the historical landscape. It's terrible that allowing these things to fail or be struck down by the courts takes time that results in loss of life, but unfortunately, when people in power are guided by ideological concerns, that's often the way it has to happen. They won't listen to reason when it contradicts their ideology. The supporters of offshore drilling that allowed BP to slide on safety features with the Deepwater Horizon would be another group of ideological idiots that falls into that same category with the gun control people. It shouldn't take tragedy to change people's point of view, but sadly, that's often the case.

But let the gun control people whine all they want. Because now, with this ruling, they aren't going to be getting their way, no matter how much they try to weasel legislation in. All of those bans can now be struck down, because they're now unconstitutional.

Flint's gun ban just got dumped yesterday.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

In my opinion everyone in Flint is a "liberal", 90% of you jokers voted for Obama, are pro union, voted Democratic all your lives, had your union dues go to support the party which always wants to take away guns and most you clowns are hunters! And yet you whine about it when the bulk of the Democratic party YOU all see as being your ally tries to take away your right to keep and bear arms. How schizophrenic is that? Poplar and Neely are knee jerk buttwipes that are perfect examples of why Flint has gotten to be in the shape it is now in. Now you will probably hear from the insipid Concerned Pastors organization that Flint is plagued with in support of Neely and Poplar.
Flint politics,oh so predictable.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup its hard to figure how someone can claim to be for gunrights and then align themselves with the party that would ban private ownership of guns.

Link

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

There's alot of things about the republican's I can say also. They claim to be for personal rights and liberty yet we lost more liberty under republicans than we have ever lost under democrats. Just get pulled over under suspension of anything. All's police have to do now trump up a suspicion. Thanks Bush.

They claim to be for free trade. Yet they write the laws that go out of their way tax the US companies, the American public then wonder why the jobs have left.

monlynn810 When you reason with liberals, they act and react out of just emotion. Confront them with the facts and they become angry with ya. Especially when they don't want people to own guns. Crime works to their benefit. They can cry for more taxes, more federal dollars, more control over society. There's a shooting so instead of going after the criminal they want a gun buy back. Criminals don't sell their guns. Their ideology blinds them. And Yes I voted for Obama, and yes I feel somewhat betrayed. But, we've been betrayed by our presidents and elected officials for the last 35 years. Every single one of them.

And I love how people who don't have a clue what Unions have done for the Country and working class blame them for all these problems. Look at the facts not your snide stories or individual cases.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:51 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/07/at-least-2-dead-7-wounded-overnight-shootings-on-south-side.html

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: