FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: FOOLS RUSH IN TO BE "BLUE BADGE VOLUNTEERS"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No one can be a volunteer to help the city unless they sign a "Volunteer Consent Release and hold harmless agreement". basically, this form says that you are aware this volunteering could be dangerous and you agree to take the risk. You will not sue the city even if the city is negligent and causes your injury or death.

* In consideration of the acceptance of my voluntary participation in the above department or activity, I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury or property damage which I may have, or which may accrue to me, against the City of Flint as a result of my particiation in the department or activity.

* This release is intended to discharge the City of Flint, its officers, employees and other volunteers from and against all liability arising out of or connected in any way with my paarticipation in the department or activity, even though that liability may arise out of alleged negligence or carelessness on the part of the City of Flint or the persons mentioned above.

* I further understand that accident and injuries can arise out of this activity; knowing the risk, nevertheless I hereby agree to assume those risks and to release and to hold harmless the City of Flint and persons mentioned above, who might otherwise be liable to me. or my heirs or assigns, for damages.

* It is further understood and agreed that this waiver, release and assumption of risks is to be binding on my heirs and assigns.
Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

No, thank you.
They could simplify it........
Abandon all hope, ye who volunteer.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dumbest thing I ever heard, the gangbanging punks dont respect or even fear the cops who are armed and trained they will mow down these pie in the sky dreamers.

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:45 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

If this wasn't so serious it would be laughable.

Aren't waiver forms invalid under duress?
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:24 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Adam
The instructor, Alberta Douglas, tells volunteers how she had to be rescued by he police after gang members refused to let her leave the mini-station.

gang members have threatened and intimidated individuals who report them.

The first mini-station had electrical problems and severely shocked a volunteer.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:14 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

What Flint needs.

Link
Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:57 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some volunteers who signed are having second thoughts. There are so few volunteers thst they want a single person to run the proposed Hurley mini-station. Mrs Evans is the only volunteer at the Southeast mini-station after Officer Meeks drove the other volunteers away. (They refused to sign the waivers too)

Meeks was Channel 12's Person of the week this week because she has allegedly continued to volunteer for Crime Stoppers since her layoff. Wonder if she and Officer Carpenter had to sign the waivers. She has keys to the office and is said to come in every day. Rhoda matthews allegedly thought she could be the Crime Stoppers person and thought she could train police volunteers. Volunteers are wishing Hudson Green was back.
Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:45 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Okay this is bull****.

First and foremost, police volunteers HAVE to feel safe in order to "serve".

Secondly, the verbiage is standard for ALL volunteers.

Third...doesn't sound like ANY classes were offered to thwart the John Wayne Syndrome...unless I am mistaken...I apologize ahead of time if I am misinformed.

Good God Flint...
Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Andi-what is you point? Many don't feel safe and they have refused to sign. No the language is not standard and I refuse to give up my right to sue if the City of Flint is responsible for my injury. Gangs have targeted Flint police and mini-station volunteers for years and the City needs to do everything to ensure their safety. They have not in the past and probably will continue to ignore certain dangerous situations.

The city is now asking volunteers to ignore the training of the past which was designed to protect volunteers and have asked volunteers to disregard that training. In meetings, the volunteers have rejected this request and have very bluntly stated they will not put their lives in jeopardy. This BS happens when individuals other than trained police train and manage police service volunteers.

I have done considerable volunteer work for a number of organizations and have never been required to sign a document such as this! Yes this is bull and that is why many of long time volunteers have left!
Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:37 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

um...untanglingwebs...I have been a police volunteer for 6 years now...that's standard issue volunteer paperwork for "us"....
Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A boiler plate standard issue may work in Grand Blanc, it won't fly in Flint. Many volunteers have left the mini-stations because of the language. Flint has a history of not providing safe working environments in the mini-stations. The climate here is different. Volunteers have been targeted by gangs. Their homes have been spraypainted with gang threats. The South Side coordinator recently had threats painted facing her house. There are not enough police to cover your back. Also police volunteers are being asked to go against the safety rules that were put in place years ago.

Flint has problems with retaliation! Residents won't call 911 for fear the police will come to their door and they will be identified.

Many police volunteers are glorified security guards and parade details. Does Grand Blanc even have mini-stations?
Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:18 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Grand Blanc doesn't have a volunteer police program.

Crime happens everywhere, granted the city of Flint rocks in this arena...If I don't feel safe I don't volunteer either.
Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Then you were either Flint or genesee County Sheriff. You lived in Grand Blanc before leaving the county so it was Sheriff if you were a volunteer. They are merely traffic control and window dressing. Flint wants volunteers to go on patrol.
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ain't being anonymous on this board great? I didn't leave the county either.
Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:32 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Speculation is a wonderful thing aint it? Laughing

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: