FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tom Sumner hosts 5th District Congressional Primary Forum

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

5th District Congressional Primary Forum Tom Sumner hosts a special edition of Off The KUF's Armchair Politics LIVE from The White Horse with the 5 candidates for the 5th District seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. Candidates are: Incumbent Democrat Dale Kildee (from Washington D.C.) and his challenger Scott Withers, the two Republicans John Kupiec and Rick Wilson, and the lone Libertarian Michael Moon.
http://www.flinttalkradio.com/?q=forum/49

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

It was very interesting and informative. I enjoyed the forum. It was worth going to. The word porkulus is still stuck in my head. Too funny! I am all for creativity anywhere I can find it.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:47 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Oh, come on, who said it? Laughing
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:55 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Scott Withers and john Kupiec were exceptionally good in their responses.

Kildee could not answer the question about creating jobs and instead discussed his position on the education committee and the increase in funding for pell grants. Since college tuitions are increased, it is natural that pell grants must increase. Not all people are college material. Too many college grads are unable to find jobs now.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:15 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Rick Wilson was the one who coined the phrase "porkulus." He used it at least several times.

I am by no means a republican, but I always welcome different viewpoints. I took the opportunity to talk to both democrats and republicans that were available after the forum.

Kupieck brought a large support base with him and it was clear his campaign is very well funded. I did not get the chance to speak with him.

Withers a democrat and Moon a libertarian were both good in their points, definitely grass roots campaigns.

I believe that whole forum should be available on webcast soon, if not now.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
lacyw schreef:

I believe that whole forum should be available on webcast soon, if not now.

The link is in the original post:
http://www.flinttalkradio.com/?q=forum/49

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: