FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: May be a long wait for federal CDBG and HOME dollars

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The last time the Action Plan was late being sent to HUD was when council and Williamson were fighting over council trying to give our federal block grant dollars and HOME dollars to the county for administration.

The Action Plan was due on May 15, but Eason and company tried to pull a fast one and leave council out of the equation. They posted the administrations proposed plan in the paper without showing it to council. As a result the plan did not go to HUD for congressional review until last week.

When on time the plan must be approved or rejected within 45 days by HUD. Because the city is so late with the plan, there is really no time frame for the procedure. That means contracts to sub recipients, the non profits and others who use the money, do not have the money to proceed and are at the mercy og HUD and others. That is why employees are being laid off at FAEC. (Flint Area Enterprise Community).
Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

In the Flint dictionary, "action plan" means give us the money now & we'll plan on taking action a few years down the road, while we hopefully wait for you to forget our promises.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Genesee County awarded $2.7M in federal housing grants
Published: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:11 PM Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 6:14 PM
Kristin Longley | Flint Journal Kristin Longley | Flint Journal

GENESEE COUNTY, Michigan — Genesee County has been awarded more than $2.7 million in federal funding through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, according to U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee's office.

About $1.9 million is in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds and $839,000 is in HOME grants.

The HOME program funds activities that build, buy, and/or rehabilitate affordable housing for rent or homeownership or provide direct rental assistance to low-income people, according to a news release from Kildee, D-Flint.

CDBG funds a wide range of programs, focusing primarily on the rehabilitation of affordable housing and the construction and improvement of public facilities. These projects also provide economic opportunities for local residents.
---
Source:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/07/genesee_county_awarded_27m_in.html
Accessed: July 14, 2010
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 pm 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: