FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Cyber Survey, Your Pick for Governor

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

The results of this survey are so dramatic it's funny. Bernero's in trouble.

http://apps.detnews.com/apps/forums/newstalk/lettersindex.php?topic=Bernerno_v_Snyder&hideResults=true

Excellent editorial about the upcoming fall election, too.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100804/OPINION01/8040353/1008/opinion01/Editorial--Gov-candidates-Bernero--Snyder-will-offer-voters-a-real-choice-in-fall-election
Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Fox 2 has a Let It Rip segment every Thursday evening. Their poll showed Snyder 12 percentage points ahead of Snyder juat following the primary. Bernero was called the Democratic "Tea Party" candidate. Just as the Tea Party is angry, all Bernero displays is anger.

Local Democratic pundits said early on that Bernero would be easier to beat than Dillon in the general election.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:26 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Home > Andrew Heller: Come Heller High Water > Come Heller high water...
Nothing like starting out a race a half-mile behind
Published: Friday, August 06, 2010, 6:00 AM
Andrew Heller | Flint Journal

Come Heller high water …

People – like, say, the vast majority of registered voters in Michigan who didn’t vote Tuesday - might assume that the gubernatorial race is even–steven now that the primary is over. In the technical sense that’s true. But just over a million Republicans voted in the gubernatorial primary while only 527,000 Democrats voted for their guys. That means that Virg Bernero is essentially starting out the general election campaign half a million votes behind, which means the race is already over unless Democrats seriously motivate by November. Just saying. Dems, how ‘bout it?
If the selection of two relative outsiders – Bernero and Rick Snyder - over two ultimate insiders – state House Speaker Andy Dillon and Attorney General Mike Cox - as the gubernatorial finalists isn’t a rebuke of Lansing politics as usual, I don’t know what is. Incoming lawmakers – and nearly all of state government is new this year - should take it as a warning from voters: It’s time to put people before party.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Just heard on car radio, Detroit station, that Dillon is withholding his support for Bernero until he's had a chance to see if Bernero supports the same things he does. Mayor Bing in Detroit is also withholding support just now, he wants to know what Bernero will do for Detroit. Bernero's response was that he came into the party united and will leave the party united.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ah yes the question of the day "what will you do for detroit". I know thats on the minds of us N Mi folks, ya right. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:43 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: