FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: SERIAL KILLER HUNTING FOR VICTIMS

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Genesee County police agencies believe one man responsible for at least 13 stabbings, including 5 homicides
Published: Wednesday, August 04, 2010, 12:05 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 04, 2010, 2:30 PM
Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — Police believe one man is responsible for at least five homicides since mid-May, including the Monday stabbing death of 49-year-old Arnold Minor and the July 30 death of Frank Kellybrew, 60, in Flint Township.

The suspect is also believed to have been involved in at least eight other stabbings throughout the county, including in Burton and Genesee Township, said Flint police Lt. T.P. Johnson.

The suspect is believed to be a large, white male, between 5-feet 11-inches and 6-feet 2-inches tall, with a heavy or muscular build and possibly light-colored hair, Johnson said.

He has been driving around main roads late at night or early in the morning and stabbing older, smaller-framed black men, he said.

The suspect usually asks for help, either with car problems or directions, then stabs the victim with a sharp object multiple times and flees the scene, Johnson said.

Police are warning residents about the suspect and also seeking the public's assistance in the search, he said.

A vehicle description has not been released.

Two of the victims have had special needs, Johnson said.

"I think that he is hunting," Johnson said.

Police have compiled information about the suspect through multiple victim accounts, Johnson said.

Michigan State Police, Genesee Township, Burton police and Flint Township are working together on the case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Michigan State Police Flint Post at (810) 732-1111 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 422-JAIL (5245).
Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

No one with common sense should be out walking the streets late at night. Neither should the kids that are out after curfew. Anyone doing so is taking their life into their own hands.
Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Not all of the victims were stabbed at night. Some people have to walk a distance o get home after riding a bus home from work.
Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Genesee County serial killer asks for victims' help before stabbing
Published: Wednesday, August 04, 2010, 6:27 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 04, 2010, 7:32 PM

Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal
Staff writer David Harris contributed to this report.

GENESEE COUNTY, Michigan — Authorities believe a serial killer is stabbing men around the area, killing five since mid-May and injuring at least eight others.

Police believe the man targets vulnerable or smaller-framed older black men, approaching them with a ruse about needing directions or having car trouble before attacking them. In several cases, police said the suspect simply walked up to victims and began stabbing.

“I think that he’s hunting,” said Flint police Lt. T.P. Johnson said.

The latest victim was discovered Monday after Arnold R. Minor, 49, was found stabbed to death about 2:30 a.m. near S. Saginaw Street and Barton Street on the city’s south side.

Police believe the killer also stabbed Frank Kellybrew, 60, to death sometime before 6 a.m. Friday in Flint Township near a Miller Road motel where Kellybrew lived.

Most of the stabbings have come near major roads, with multiple stabbings off Saginaw Street.

Ten of the stabbings were in Flint with the other three in Burton, Flint Township and Genesee Township. The victims survived the stabbings in Burton and Genesee Township, police said.

The mother of a 59-year-old man stabbed to death in Flint in June said police have not told her that her son may be linked to a serial killer.

Emmanuel A. Muhammad was found slain about 3 a.m. on Avenue B near Williams Street.

“I want to know who did it to him,” said Geneva Dent, 79. “I want to know why. I don’t understand why someone would do that to him.”

Police declined to identify all 13 of the men they believe have been targeted and, so far, have publicly named only Minor and Kellybrew.

Other stabbing deaths since May have included:

• David Motley, 31, who was found stabbed to death about 6 a.m. May 24 in a yard near Leith and Dexter streets in Flint.

• Darwin Marshall, 43, who was found stabbed to death July 26 at about 1:30 a.m. on Garland Street near W. Fifth Avenue in Flint.

In Burton, Lt. Tom Osterholzer confirmed that a July 12 stabbing near S. Saginaw Road and Jolson Avenue that left Antoine Jackson, 27, of Saginaw in critical condition is also believed to be linked.

A week later, Genesee Township police said a 49-year-old man walking along N. Saginaw Street near Juliah was stabbed several times about 12:15 a.m. July 19 but survived the attack.

In that attack, Genesee Township police Lt. John Mulllaly said the suspect asked for help with his car before attacking the man.

In a July 29 stabbing in Flint, a man was stabbed in the stomach by a man who asked him for directions while walking on W. 12th Street. The victim in that attack was initially listed in critical but has since been upgraded.

The 13 stabbings have come late at night or in the early morning hours, said Johnson.

“We want citizens to be aware if they’re out late at night to not walk by themselves,” Johnson said.

State police are coordinating the multi-jurisdictional effort and are currently compiling reports on the stabbings, said Michigan State Police Sgt. Jeff Bauermeister.

Flint Police Chief Alvern Lock wouldn’t confirm whether the department will be conducting targeted patrols for the suspect but said efforts are underway to notify the public.

“There’s going to be some education,” he said. “I don’t want to be specific about the things that we are going to do. We will be educating the public as much as we can.”

Stabbings are generally more intimate than shooting deaths, Johnson said.

“They are more personal, more raging. They show a deep, deep anger,” he said. “They are more personal than firearms.”

Former Flint police officer Steven Egger, an associate professor of criminology at University of Houston - Clear Lake, has written four books on serial killers.

He said it seems as though the victims were “marginalized” by members of society, meaning they lived on the fringe.

“They’re vulnerable,” he said. “The greatest similarity I’ve found is that their victims are vulnerable.”

It also is common for serial killers to overpower their victims.

“They are going to pick on someone they can control and overpower,” he said. “In those cases, we’re talking about a power crime. It’s similar to rape, which also is a power crime.”

The area has had past brushes with serial killers, including Jeffrey Gorton and Leslie Ann Williams.

Gorton was convicted in 2002 of the 1991, slaying of Northwest Airlines flight attendant Nancy J. Ludwig and pleaded no contest in the 1986 killing UM Flint music professor Margarette F. Eby. He is currently serving life in prison.

In the spring of 1992, the bodies of teenage sisters Melissa and Michelle Urbin of Tyrone Township were discovered in Fenton’s Oakwood Cemetery. They had been raped and murdered by a serial killer, Williams, of Detroit, admitted to killing four girls including those two. The other two were in Detroit area.

© 2010 MLive.com. All rights reserved.
Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/genesee_county_serial_killer_a.html

Last edited by 00SL2 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:54 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is he only targeting black people?

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

According to ch 12 all but one were black.

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:20 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Genesee County serial killer asks for victims' help before stabbing
Published: Wednesday, August 04, 2010, 6:27 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 04, 2010, 7:32 PM

Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal
Staff writer David Harris contributed to this report.

GENESEE COUNTY, Michigan — Authorities believe a serial killer is stabbing men around the area, killing five since mid-May and injuring at least eight others.

Police believe the man targets vulnerable or smaller-framed older black men, approaching them with a ruse about needing directions or having car trouble before attacking them. In several cases, police said the suspect simply walked up to victims and began stabbing.

“I think that he’s hunting,” said Flint police Lt. T.P. Johnson said.

The latest victim was discovered Monday after Arnold R. Minor, 49, was found stabbed to death about 2:30 a.m. near S. Saginaw Street and Barton Street on the city’s south side.

Police believe the killer also stabbed Frank Kellybrew, 60, to death sometime before 6 a.m. Friday in Flint Township near a Miller Road motel where Kellybrew lived.

Most of the stabbings have come near major roads, with multiple stabbings off Saginaw Street.

Ten of the stabbings were in Flint with the other three in Burton, Flint Township and Genesee Township. The victims survived the stabbings in Burton and Genesee Township, police said.

The mother of a 59-year-old man stabbed to death in Flint in June said police have not told her that her son may be linked to a serial killer.

Emmanuel A. Muhammad was found slain about 3 a.m. on Avenue B near Williams Street.

“I want to know who did it to him,” said Geneva Dent, 79. “I want to know why. I don’t understand why someone would do that to him.”

Police declined to identify all 13 of the men they believe have been targeted and, so far, have publicly named only Minor and Kellybrew.

Other stabbing deaths since May have included:

• David Motley, 31, who was found stabbed to death about 6 a.m. May 24 in a yard near Leith and Dexter streets in Flint.

• Darwin Marshall, 43, who was found stabbed to death July 26 at about 1:30 a.m. on Garland Street near W. Fifth Avenue in Flint.

In Burton, Lt. Tom Osterholzer confirmed that a July 12 stabbing near S. Saginaw Road and Jolson Avenue that left Antoine Jackson, 27, of Saginaw in critical condition is also believed to be linked.

A week later, Genesee Township police said a 49-year-old man walking along N. Saginaw Street near Juliah was stabbed several times about 12:15 a.m. July 19 but survived the attack.

In that attack, Genesee Township police Lt. John Mulllaly said the suspect asked for help with his car before attacking the man.

In a July 29 stabbing in Flint, a man was stabbed in the stomach by a man who asked him for directions while walking on W. 12th Street. The victim in that attack was initially listed in critical but has since been upgraded.

The 13 stabbings have come late at night or in the early morning hours, said Johnson.

“We want citizens to be aware if they’re out late at night to not walk by themselves,” Johnson said.

State police are coordinating the multi-jurisdictional effort and are currently compiling reports on the stabbings, said Michigan State Police Sgt. Jeff Bauermeister.

Flint Police Chief Alvern Lock wouldn’t confirm whether the department will be conducting targeted patrols for the suspect but said efforts are underway to notify the public.

“There’s going to be some education,” he said. “I don’t want to be specific about the things that we are going to do. We will be educating the public as much as we can.”

Stabbings are generally more intimate than shooting deaths, Johnson said.

“They are more personal, more raging. They show a deep, deep anger,” he said. “They are more personal than firearms.”

Former Flint police officer Steven Egger, an associate professor of criminology at University of Houston - Clear Lake, has written four books on serial killers.

He said it seems as though the victims were “marginalized” by members of society, meaning they lived on the fringe.

“They’re vulnerable,” he said. “The greatest similarity I’ve found is that their victims are vulnerable.”

It also is common for serial killers to overpower their victims.

“They are going to pick on someone they can control and overpower,” he said. “In those cases, we’re talking about a power crime. It’s similar to rape, which also is a power crime.”

The area has had past brushes with serial killers, including Jeffrey Gorton and Leslie Ann Williams.

Gorton was convicted in 2002 of the 1991, slaying of Northwest Airlines flight attendant Nancy J. Ludwig and pleaded no contest in the 1986 killing UM Flint music professor Margarette F. Eby. He is currently serving life in prison.

In the spring of 1992, the bodies of teenage sisters Melissa and Michelle Urbin of Tyrone Township were discovered in Fenton’s Oakwood Cemetery. They had been raped and murdered by a serial killer, Williams, of Detroit, admitted to killing four girls including those two. The other two were in Detroit area.

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/genesee_county_serial_killer_a.html

Carry a gun folks , carry a gun. Even if you don't have a CPL, carry one in the open. It is legal in Michigan, it has a good deterent value and it does make it easier to bring into use. If you are legally able to buy a handgun you can carry it in the open. DO IT! IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE!
Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Saturday morning and MSNBC is discussing the story with a profiler. Murders occurred from 11 pm to 6 am and killer probably got off on the fear generated and probably got blood on him. Flint sixth most dangerous in the country.
Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man in critical condition after stabbing in Flint; unclear if linked to suspected serial killer
Published: Saturday, August 07, 2010, 10:05 AM Updated: Saturday, August 07, 2010, 10:50 AM
Beata Mostafavi | Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools

View Larger Map

FLINT, Michigan — A man in his forties was in critical condition after a stabbing incident around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning at Sunset Drive and Ballenger Hwy in Flint.

He walked to McLaren Regional Medical Center where he was treated in the emergency department and was transferred to Ann Arbor where he’s been listed in critical condition, according to the Flint Police Department. No further information was available.

It is unclear whether the stabbing is at all connected to a suspected serial killer police believe stabbed 13 people, killing five, in the Flint area since mid-May.

A sketch of the suspect was released Friday. He has been described as in his 20s or 30s and 180 to 210 pounds, with light-hair and wearing a baseball cap during the attacks.

The drawing also shows the man having a mustache and goatee, with a stud through the top of his left ear.

The man is believed to approach smaller-framed black men during late-night hours and ask for directions or claim car trouble before attacking them.
Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:57 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Man in critical condition after stabbing in Flint; unclear if linked to suspected serial killer
Published: Saturday, August 07, 2010, 10:05 AM Updated: Saturday, August 07, 2010, 10:50 AM
Beata Mostafavi | Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A man in his forties was in critical condition after a stabbing incident around 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning at Sunset Drive and Ballenger Hwy in Flint.

He walked to McLaren Regional Medical Center where he was treated in the emergency department and was transferred to Ann Arbor where he’s been listed in critical condition, according to the Flint Police Department. No further information was available.

It is unclear whether the stabbing is at all connected to a suspected serial killer police believe stabbed 13 people, killing five, in the Flint area since mid-May.

A sketch of the suspect was released Friday. He has been described as in his 20s or 30s and 180 to 210 pounds, with light-hair and wearing a baseball cap during the attacks.

The drawing also shows the man having a mustache and goatee, with a stud through the top of his left ear.

The man is believed to approach smaller-framed black men during late-night hours and ask for directions or claim car trouble before attacking them.

Source: http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/man_in_his_forties_in_critical.html
Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

HAS ANYONE NOTICED HOW QUIET WALLING IS ON THIS SUBJECT. HE DOESN'T WANT TO ADMIT FLINT LACKS THE RESOURCES TO CATCH THIS GUY.

WE ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE STATE POLICE TASK FORCE. LET'S HOPE THEY HAVE THE RESOURCES.
Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

New stabbing in Flint doesn't appear to be work of serial killer

Excerpt: "Details weren't available. The Michigan State Police Flint Post said law enforcement officers met today to take a look at the stabbing, but a Flint Police sergeant who declined to identify himself said there is a known suspect in the latest stabbing, and investigators now believe it's not linked to previous cases."

Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20100807/NEWS06/100807022/1319/New-stabbing-in-Flint-doesnt-appear-to-be-work-of-serial-killer
Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm 
morebsfromwalling
F L I N T O I D

Well hopefully the minimum staffing levels of 5 Flint Police Officers on the street will be able to catch this guy (between the typical 40 calls down at any given moment). Shocked
Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:21 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Flint's serial killer fled to Virginia?
Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint serial killer victim count increases to 16 as one more man comes forward
Published: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 8:04 AM Updated: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 8:35 AM
Laura Misjak | The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — A 16th stabbing victim of a suspected serial killer came forward to police Monday night, said Michigan State Police Lt. Pat McGreevy.

The victim, a 26-year-old male, told the task force investigators that he had been stabbed by a suspect matching the serial killer's description at about 3 a.m. July 27.

The victim told police he was walking on Pierson Road near Fleming Road when the suspect approached him and stabbed him repeatedly.

The suspect asked him for help with his vehicle before the attack.

The victim told police the vehicle description was similar to the description released by police Monday — a Blazer-type vehicle, dark green over tan.

The victim, who police say wishes to remain anonymous, had been hospitalized from the attack up until a few days ago, and contacted police once he heard about the search for the serial killer.

Police say no other developments have occurred in the case since Monday evening.

Anyone with information about the stabbings is asked to call the tip line at 866-246-9500.
Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: