FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Walling to raise taxes!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Walling wants to raise your taxes! Beware of this guy! He is out of touch with everyday Flint residents.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/video?id=7658974

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling and Eason can't make up their mind. Walling tells MSNBC he will lay off police and then tells local media he did not. At a meeting Eason told everyone Walling did not say this.

Now we are back to laying police off.

Last year council told Walling his budget was out of control and at a deficit level. He disagreed and did not listen to Kincaid and -Voila- a deficit. He is back to overspending this year and we are only 2 months into this fiscal year.
Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:33 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Updated 8/07/2010: "And Mayor Dayne Walling told msnbc.com on Friday that the budget for fiscal 2011, which began July 1, projects another cut of 10 officers from the department, which now has 135 officers — though he hopes to save most of those positions with federal grants and a deal with a local private college to expand patrols around the campus. The department also was hit by a budget cut of $445,488 last year — forcing it to leave five jobs vacant."

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38597704/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:18 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Six officer called back from layoff. Start Sunday 09/17/10.
Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the update Untanglingwebs!!

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Walling and Eason can't make up their mind. Walling tells MSNBC he will lay off police and then tells local media he did not. At a meeting Eason told everyone Walling did not say this.

Now we are back to laying police off.

Last year council told Walling his budget was out of control and at a deficit level. He disagreed and did not listen to Kincaid and -Voila- a deficit. He is back to overspending this year and we are only 2 months into this fiscal year.

Post Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Mayor Walling wants to raise your taxes! Beware of this guy! He is out of touch with everyday Flint residents.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/video?id=7658974

Of course he will raise taxes, call it a species driven impulse Ryan. Democrats never met a tax increase they didn't like. They love delivering gifts using someone else's money. One of the reasons why places like Flint is seriously bad shape, nobody said "No" in the past to taxes and high wages and "poof" , businesses leave.
Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: