FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Few officers on Patrols some days

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

At times there are only four to six officers covering all shifts for the entire city. This includes the desk sgt.

The South Side Task Force is still being sent to areas outside of their grant covered area.
Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

4 to 6 per shift, or total for the day?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

That is terrible, no wonder all this crime is happening. It sends a message to criminals that you can do it here cause there isn't a lot of police on duty or investigators.

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am told that is the case per day.

That has been the story for a long time such as on the day we had a double murder and only one officer was available.

Expect things to get worse as there may be 10 officers laid off. Acording to the chief, we have 142 officers and we oly have 132 budgeted for. Of that number 88 are on patrol and 69 of the 88 are specificly grant funded. Six are school liasons.

Tonya Meeks has been brought back, but so far she has not been put on road patrol and is said to only do Crime Stoppers. With a budget so tight, can we really afford to so narrowly compartmentalize our department.
Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:53 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: