FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: It's easy to really hurt a neighborhood.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A lady raising some of her teen-aged nieces recently moved out of our neighborhood. A couple of the nieces boy friends were also staying there, since from what I've heard, they had no where else to live. The boys have been squatting in the house by breaking out a window, but the landlady now has the utilities off & the house secured. So, now they've been squatting in another empty house, but the landlord there caught them & called the police. I heard earlier today from a neighbor that they've gotten into 3 other empty houses & have been stripping them, as well as taking siding off the outside of a couple.

See, it's easy. All it takes is a couple people that just don't care.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

You are right Dave. There are many ways in which neighorhoods can turn. Grafitti left on walls and buildings signal nobody cares and then the dumping starts.

You are a strong force in your neighborhood and when the spring breaks, I bet you will be addressing these issues more.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Two houses with doors kicked in. Called the landlord on one & he said someone will be out today to secure it. He's usually pretty good, so I don't doubt him. The other is next door to us & the door jamb is destroyed, so the door won't stay shut. The owner lives in Detroit & has an unlisted number so I can't call her. I may send her a letter, but it probably won't do any good. The only time I've seen her here & tried to talk to her about the block club, she told me to mind my own business.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Dave, check the property on the City of Flint website for a mortgage company; or find the parcel ID number there and check it on the Register of Deeds website for a mortgage (Enter parcel number in dropdown menu, without dashes). Then notify the company.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Couldn't find anything with an address or phone number for the mortgage co. Parcel number is 40-02-427-011

I believe it's also in foreclosure for back taxes.

Speaking of companies, some time ago that house had the plumbing torn out & the water was running everywhere. There was a for sale sign in front & I called the agent listed. He said he'd get someone out immediately to take care of it. Four days later when no one showed up, I went in through the wide open back door & shut the water off myself. later, someone stole the water meter & broke off the pipe coming in. The city shut the water off at the street & the house has not had water ever since. That didn't stop the owner from renting it to a young lady & telling her to get the water line repaired at her (the tenant's) expense! After she moved out, the owner's son has lived there off & on without water. He had electricity, but no gas as it was shut off due to a leak somewhere in the house.

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: