FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Checking the candidates for Mayor of Flint
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We really need "None of the Above" on the ballot. If that wins, there's a new election and none of the candidates in the previous one can run.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 12:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Mays, a community activist who ran in 2009, stopped by the city clerk's office at the deadline. He said he's looking forward to the campaign, in which he'll be focusing on jobs and public safety.

In the last Mayoral election, Mays stated how he could bring all these jobs to Flint. What he outlined did not require him being in office. Eric, if you want us to believe your hype, bring those jobs now. Then you can campaign saying "I brought all these jobs to Flint and I can bring more!" Without those jobs, it's just political hot air like all the other candidates,

Thomas Jefferson
Post Mon May 23, 2011 1:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am not wild about any of the choices and I have not thrown my support behind anyone.

Debunker keeps asking everyone else to do the research. If he has any observations and knowledge, then he should bring it forward. Debunker likes to spin confusion.

Davenport could not beat jackie poplar, so I don"t see him as a serious contender.

Mays is said to be in Genesee township helping Tom Joubran with the genesee Township recall. So the question is whether he isreally serious about the race. I suspected Joubran was playing a role in this recall and he and Mays have known each other since Mays was young.

Walling is not what Flint needs and he has made many bad decisions.

I really don't know much about the other candidates and I am waiting to see what theyare all about.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 4:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:
quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Mays, a community activist who ran in 2009, stopped by the city clerk's office at the deadline. He said he's looking forward to the campaign, in which he'll be focusing on jobs and public safety.

In the last Mayoral election, Mays stated how he could bring all these jobs to Flint. What he outlined did not require him being in office. Eric, if you want us to believe your hype, bring those jobs now. Then you can campaign saying "I brought all these jobs to Flint and I can bring more!" Without those jobs, it's just political hot air like all the other candidates,

I saw Mays plans for selling water. Looked like a Pyramid to me.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 4:15 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Wasn't there also a bread plan & something along the lines of Amway?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mays says he once worked for Amway! And he once had a soap business.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:18 pm 
Debunker1
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
We really need "None of the Above" on the ballot. If that wins, there's a new election and none of the candidates in the previous one can run.

I was going to say that!
Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm 
Debunker1
F L I N T O I D

Debunker likes to spin confusion. Really? I spin confusion? I say people should look into who is the best candidates for the job and that is spinning confusion? If that is bad thing then I am a very bad person. People should be MORE suspicious of EVERYONE running for office and that should be a maxim for citizens to live by.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:27 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Facebook members at the City Council are upset that Jackie Poplar endorsed Walling on the council floor. She really is a loose cannon.
Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:35 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Since the council lets Walling & Eason do pretty much whatever they want with little or no objection, what difference does it make?

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:58 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.flinttalkradio.com/?q=node/1331

http://www.flinttalkradio.com/?q=node/1330

http://www.flinttalkradio.com/?q=node/1329

Post Wed May 25, 2011 10:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Nothing has changed for Eric in this race. He told a block club that he spent $30,000 in his last election and he still lost.

What is in this race for Donna Poplar, AC Dumas and Eric. Eric says they want to take control of the council and make him council president. That is a scary thought!

What position des Donna want now?
Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:53 pm 
Raymond Sist
F L I N T O I D

I have to ask: how often do you get called a racist for saying negative, but true, things about black people?
Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:03 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: