FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Seatbelts more important than 911 calls

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Is it true that seatbelt violations are more important than shootings in Flint?

It appears to me that Flint has a dedicated force of police that only out to get seatbelt offenders on Dort Hwy. Are they allowed to completely ignore incoming 911 calls???

I think it was untanglingwebs that posted Flint police no longer resond to shootings???

Whenever I go down Dort Hwy I always see police. Are they just going after seatbelts?

I got pulled over last night even though I had my seltbelt on. Of course it was night and hard/if not impossible for the officer to tell I had my seltbelt on. He wrote me a ticket for unsigned registration so I guess I will be calling the courts the chief and maybe a few other people.

I'm assuming this policy would help lower Dayne Walling lower our crime stats. I called 911 the other day and gave up adding to our crime stats. I could have used the officer trying to steal from me to take down the report but he was running away from me when I was offering to sign or look for the other registration in my car.

Apparently you do not need insurance to drive in Flint though. The officer did even bother to ask for that.

Post Sun May 29, 2011 11:15 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

sadly, we go through these regular State funded seatbelt enforcement that pays the wages of police officers from all over the county,

Remember the State Police head in the Channel 25 story said he would add 10 more officers and Sgts. if we had jail space. Well they are here for seat belts.
Post Sun May 29, 2011 6:49 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Can anyone verify that only 5 or 6 officers out of our 20 take regular 911 calls?

If so why not make 911 calls the top priority?

Post Mon May 30, 2011 9:32 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

5 or 6 on a really good day, I'm guessing more like 3 or 4 on an average day.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon May 30, 2011 12:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The State is MORE interested in easy revenue than it is in protecting the citizens of the State. Seat belts and soccer mums not wearing them is more important that funding a jail to ensure Criminals receive justice, Oh and Adamn. I was under the impression that registration Signatures on registration is no longer needed. Read the fine print. Commercial Vehicles only - Signature required. It took awhile but finally the politicians in Lansing listened to us about the ignorance of having paid for your registration and having it in the car with insurance. Thus it only being a simple way to collect illegal taxes (ie fines) for not signing our registration. I hope you got the officers name. (Check the ticket)
Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the info Ted. Looks like you may be right .

The officer was a little irritaded when he realized I did have my seatbelt on. He wouldn't even give me a chance to sign it or look for the other registration.

If it makes you feel better about 1 to 2 minutes after I got pulled over he was already pulling someone else over since you say our cops are always at the donut shop. lol

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:23 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I wouldn't say donut shop but I do run into alot of them at the 7 11 on atherton. rd. They don't usually stay long just grab a coffee and a few minutes of chit chat and they're out on the road again. I'm not down on all the officers. But we do have a few that get away with not doing their jobs. Until Management decides to get their act together not much is going to change.
Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: