FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Where are the shell casings?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

For weeks i have had people tell me some of the reported shots fired are not real. After these incidents some have gone out and looked for shell casings to verify the shootings after police failed to come for their 911 call and have found nothing.

Are the shooters hanging around to police their munitions or are some of these shooters using blanks? There are reports of individuals just shooting up in the air and not at rivals. Is this an attempt to generate hysteria and put fear in the residents? For all of the shots fired calls there should actually be more victims as what goes up must come down somewhere.

Shots fired from a car might leave the casings in the car. But when two groups are returning fire in the streets, there should be some evidence remaining.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:45 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I can't wait for Dave Starr and Twotap to respond as they are the resident gun experts for this site. Tell me are all of these shots fired calls for real?
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Could be using revolvers they dont eject the emptys. OR--- Maybe the bangers girfriends are with them and they pick up the casings as soon as babies daddy fires them. Confused
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A lady in a nearby neighborhood told me that she saw a gang banger step out of his car & crank off several rounds. Then, he walked around, picked up the casings & drove away.

Someone with enough guts to watch instead of hitting the floor would have to watch & see if it's a revolver or if they're picking up the casings. After a shootout on our block about 3 years ago, 10 to 15 shots fired, I went out the next morning & found only one empty.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

1. Fireworks
2. Casings are difficult to locate in grass, especially when it is knee or waist high.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

recently in a neighborhood off Welch Blvd. there was an incident of gunfire and responding gunfire in front of a home. When the neighbors got off the floor, they searched for casings and none were found. We are talking mowed lawns and multiple searchers.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:45 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

I have searched for casings on hundreds of occasions and they can be difficult to find in grass. As twotap stated earlier, the absence of casings could indicate a revolver being used. I've heard of people picking up casings, but it seems extremely rare.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Metal Detector in tall grass Those brass casings will sound off like they weigh 10 lbs. Ive found a ton of them searching old Mi ghost towns and lumber camps. Some very odd and old calibers I might add.

Last edited by twotap on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Revolver or firing from inside the car are the most common explanations.It's also possible to hold the weapon inside clothing or bag so that the cases are retained.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:37 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

If trying to locate the spent cases,you might try a magnet (ever see what the roofing contractors use ?)There is a lot of cheap steel cased (Russian Wolf ect.)stuff around for the ak47,sks,ect.
Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Crowfeeder schreef:
Revolver or firing from inside the car are the most common explanations.It's also possible to hold the weapon inside clothing or bag so that the cases are retained.

Interesting prospect.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
BAH836 schreef:
I have searched for casings on hundreds of occasions and they can be difficult to find in grass. As twotap stated earlier, the absence of casings could indicate a revolver being used. I've heard of people picking up casings, but it seems extremely rare.

Citizens are angry about these shootings and if finding casinsa will help the police, they are willing to look. Police could not resond to this shooting as 12 minutes later the young man was shot by Little Ceasars on Welch and Chevrolet. Poor deployment of police resources means they cannot always respond to shootings with no victoims.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: