FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: where is the diversity?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If Don Williamson, when Mayor of the City of Flint, had established a commission, any commission, as all white there would have been no end to the uproar amidst allegations of racism. And yet the current Mayor, Dayne walling, has established the Civil Service Commission as an all black body to represent city employees when the merit system has been violated. The employees of Flint's government are a diverse group and they deserve diversity in their repreesntation on the Civil Service Commission.

And even worse, there appeared to be one member of he commission that gave the impressiond repeatedly that ahe was unaware of what was occurring. I don't know how long she has been on the commission or when her commission ends, but I am concerned that she may not even know what she is voting on.

Perhaps Dayne Walling is creating his new "Chocolate City" to save. Here is what he said about his role in the administration of Washington DC Mayor Anthony Williams.

Dayne Walling « How Rhodes Scholars Think
15 Sep 2008 ... Dayne Walling was born and raised in Flint, Michigan. In addition to winning a Rhodes Scholarship, he is also a recipient of a Truman scholarship. ..... get myself into D.C. government and help turn around the “Chocolate City. ...
http://rhodesscholars.wordpress.com/2008/09/15/dayne-walling/ - 64k - Cached - Similar pages

When I came back from London, I really wanted to work for the District of Columbia government for the mayor Tony Williams, who was coming in after Marion Berry. I asked myself what’s the toughest job in Washington, D.C. that a young white college-educated kid could take on. The US Capitol is filled with people like that, so there’s nothing novel about that. But I thought why don’t I try to get myself into D.C. government and help turn around the “Chocolate City.”
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:41 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: