FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Genesee Township recall officials abuse taxpayers dollars!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
GeneseeTownshipRecall
F L I N T O I D

In an attempt to keep their positions pending a November 8th recall election, Genesee Township Clerk, Mr. Wayne Bates removes a full time officer off of the streets to restart the community policing program that was removed when five full time officers were layed off in June 2010. Mr. Bates had a private meeting with Genesee Townships community policing officer Ms. Tobi Belanger. Mr. Bates told Ms. Belanger that if they did not get recalled in the recall election that the community police officer position could turn into a full time position. Officer Belanger has been working hard to set up all these block meetings in an effort to save these elected officials jobs! Tonight a block club meeting was as the Highland Moble home park and had approximately 30 in attendence, flyers were passed out that stated vot NO November 8th for the recall. In attendence was Mr. Wayne Bates and Chief Tod Sorensen. Mr. Bates is currently being recalled along with Mr. steven Fuhr, Ms. Kathy Sutton and Ms. Patricia Witte. This board has organized and is using Ms. Belanger as a pawn for their No Recall Campaign to Save their jobs! Is this wrong? We think so! You don't use taxpayers dollars to have a full time officer help you campaign for your No Recall Campaign when you claim you are broke, you place that officer on the street to serve and protect the citizens of Genesee Township!
Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am not saying it is right but it happens all the time. especially in Flint.
Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:51 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

But in Flint both sides would be there working the crowd!lol Plus the Journal might cover it.

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some political candidates with little or no money attend council and use the public speaking time to politic. In my opinion it is using the tax payers money and services to get on Comcast 17 amd reach an audience they otherwise could not. And the media ignores them.

They also go to block clubs and neighborhood groups. They have been vocal in some of the mini-stations, while there is a policy and a state law that they can't. The South side and the West side groups are strong about not allowing candidates to politic on their agenda. Elected officials are allowed to speak on current proposed legislature and similar syuff.
Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:46 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The North side ministtion meetings turn into political rallies at election time.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: