FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Kettering Gateway

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

I noticed that mayor Walling is telling everyone that he is the reason that the Kettering Gateway is a project that his admn. brought to Flint?

Maybe he didnt read the flint Journal March 03 2009? The paper says that project was already in the works before you were elected. Maybe you dont realize that plans, easements and contracts were already prepared months before you took office?

The most that you did was go to the ribbon cutting.

PS: You also had nothing to do with the twoway streets, the Williams street in Smith Village,Chevrolet ave extension,Trail from MSU to Kettering ,TheIRS building,The demo of Hartland Manor and a dozen other projects that were already started when you took office.
Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Yes the Kettering Gateway was shovel ready by the time the Stimulus Program started and the walling administration began. John had to work with landowners to change the property lines and even took out part of a park. I do miss the big flower bed on Miller and Court.

John harrassed MSHDA and everyone else until he got the resources and clearance to tear down Heartland Manor. He even put his grandson on a ladder to paint out the offensive grafitti.

And the creation of Williams Street as the logical entry point for Smith Village as well as a path between Hurley and Saginaw Street was entirely John's creation. As a developer of subdivions, John knew what elements make a successful project.
Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:50 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

HELP- Will someone tell the mayor to follow up on the easement for a non motorized trail that stops at Court st.and Fox st. This 16ft. wide trail easement was designed to provide access from Kettering to the golf course,skate board park,tennis club and the wild life center behind MSD. Senator Gleason and I were working with the state to provide the easement and a iron fence allong the MSD property on Miller rd. and Hammerburg rd. The state tenatively agreed to provide the cost of a chain link fence and the city would have to come up with the difference if they wanted iron fencing. This trail would also intersect with the trail that was under construction from downtown to McClaren hospital wnen the Mayor took office. Wait a minute, he probably already already knows all about these things since his admn. is the one who came up with the whole idea in the first place?

Oh well- Somebody just humor me and tell him anyway just in case he forgot.
Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:17 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: